• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Serious dilemma here, need advice

DelRi0

Bluelighter
Hey guys, been on BL for awhile but just recently have gotten back involved. I have a question I'd like to put out to my fellow BL'ers regarding what I should do about my current situation but not sure which forum would be the best for it so I figured I'd stick it here so mods please direct it appropriately. First off I want to start by saying I'm NOT asking, discussing, nor hinting at sourcing as it is against the rules. Now, my question is whether or not I should go out on a limb and take a chance with an online source via email or go to a cash only PM clinic and risk wasting my time and money. I'm currently on hydrocodone 10's 4 times a day and have been for about 7 months since I relocated, my old doctor before I moved had me on oxymorphone for about 2 years prior to that, so needless to say, the hydro just is not cutting it anymore for pain relief. There are quite a few PM clinics around my area and a couple in particular are "cash only" clinics. Now we all pretty much know what that means when it comes down to how they operate, which is fine with me because I've already been diagnosed and just seeking maintenance. Ive been trying to decide if I should go to the PM clinic and spend multiple hundreds of dollars in hopes of being prescribed oxycodone IR which had worked the best out of anything in the past, OR, risk losing my money flat out with an email source. I know the question seems like a no brainier, to not deal with someone you've never met. However they have an excellent reputation in certain forums and I feel "relatively" confident that if I send a payment I'll get what I wanted. But then again, i don't know, that's why I want you guys' opinion on which way is the least likely to waste my money. Sorry for the long post but I'm working and typing this at the same time. Thoughts?

Hey man, for me it would be extremely difficult to trust an online source. There is a lot that is unknown. I guess just judge how well you feel about the info you have about it and go from there. But I would choose going to a "cash" PM clinic. Is there a substantial price difference between the two options? Good Luck!

Well, not a whole lot of difference, maybe the cost of a tank of gas.. And of course there's the fact that if I'm lucky at the doc I'll have a full month's worth (WITH my name on it) instead of just a few.. I've done some major research of the doctors in my area. Even checked on a public records website that shows which doctor writes what prescriptions and how often and everything... Seems to be a ton of docs around here that love to give out Oxy IR's .. There was also a huge DEA crack down last summer where they arrested a few doctors actually. But on the other hand there are also a few clinics that accept my insurance but then there's the problem of it possibly throwing up a red flag for "doctor shopping" which is dumb af because you have to go in order to know if they're a good fit for you. Hell I dunno man, the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards going to a clinic I'm just afraid to screw myself leaving the doc I'm seeing now and losing my script and then left out to dry with nothing... Geez.

Go to a doctor or medical professional, where you know that the pills you will be getting are actually opiates that you are prescribed.

A LOT of pills being sold on the street are fakes that have fentanyl in them, and people take them and OD and die. Stay safe.

Yeah I'm aware of the fakes I've actually seen a few myself and they're getting really hard to spot with anybody being able to buy pill presses these days from online vendors. And also I am currently being treated at a PM clinic it's just that this particular doctor refuses to prescribe anything stronger than hydrocodone and since I was previously on oxymorphone and oxycodone it's just kind of hard trying to adjust to the hydro, it's actually just garbage IMO. Seems like the generic companies these days are taking full advantage of the +/- 20% active ingredient rule the FDA implemented here recently. It's not just the placebo/nocebo effect either, I know they aren't what they used to be and anyone who says otherwise just hasn't been on them long enough to tell. Back around '06 I would get the big greenish blue hydros that dentists used to love to give out and couldn't take more than 2 or 3 without being plastered. Now 15 won't even hardly affect me, that's not just tolerance my friend.

Personally, I've been burned once by an online vendor and learned my lesson. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. On the other hand, when I lived in Florida (at the time was pill mill ground zero) the cash only clinic doctors were very generous. Many of them got shut down though. It was nice while it lasted and it seems like this is happening where you live. I agree, it may seem like you're doctor shopping so proceed with caution if you do decide to change doctors. Keep in mind the DEA is urging doctors to cut down prescribing opiate pain medicine. You might find this thread interesting:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...to-avoid-prescribing-opiates-for-chronic-pain

Oh yeah I'm aware of the DEA's bs. And you're right it's gotten worse lately, a whole lot worse. My doc I have now is actually really cool and down to earth and straight up honest with me to the point he all but came out and said he was too scared to write anything other than hydro so, I'm gonna miss his honesty but damn honesty doesn't kill the pain. I'm not too much into conspiracy theories but I've heard one or two about the DEA and FDA secretly pressuring big pharma into doing some pretty sneaky underhanded shit with the pain meds, just look at how hydro got rammed through to a schedule 2. Also it's been suggested that the use of nasty crap like crospovidone used as filler has been being slowly pushed on companies that make IR formulations and even talk about removing some guidelines/creating loopholes to where antagonists such as naloxone can be added to IR formulations unbeknownst to the consumer to make them unsuitable for insufflation or IV use and inadvertently turning them into garbage the same way they've done hydro over the years. Like I said though, it's mostly speculation I've heard at this point but it wouldn't be surprising to start to see some of the accusations come to fruition. The government has had its hand in the pocket of big pharma and vice versa for decades now and I can assure you that whatever they're cooking up is not going to pan out very good for folks like us. Oh well... Rant over, your turn. :D

IMO, you can have two chances to check out a legit pain management. Make your appointment, go see them. If they're not scripting, try ONE cash only as a second opinion. This is not doctor shopping, this is a second opinion that you are entitled to seek and shouldn't get you flagged if you don't try to submit multiple scripts in the same month.

As a side note, I have been with the same PM group for 7 years. They are very strict, contracts, discussion of other meds etc. I'm post surgery, post injections so no one's doubting my diagnosis. Every month, I get to hear the DEA's new theories, from docs who are specialty trained and have been doing this for years. They hate the interference as well.

My concern is if you go to one of those cash payment clinics, they may not be there for long. I had many friends this happened to in Florida. They would show up for their appointment, only to find the place was shut down. If I were in your shoes, I would maybe try a different doctor who takes your insurance. My friend just told me on Monday that her doctor cut her hydrocodone from 4 tablets a day to 2. She's 53 years old and a legitimate pain patient. I feel so badly for her! :(

Definitely avoid Street pills especially with the fentanyl Roxi going around.

If you go to a clinic take time to research then and select the ones you want most, the ones who gave been around longest, etc.

Tinker, thanks for the info and clarification about the whole doctor shopping thing, I know different states have different laws and they can be very finicky about how many/what kind of doctors you go to add how often. I think I'm going to take your advice on this one and schedule an appointment with the insurance accepting doctor first, then maybe the cash doc if that doesn't pan out. I would definitely not try to submit any prescriptions for a schedule 2 drug from more than one doctor a month though, that's just begging to be red flagged!

Calderone, yes that is pretty crappy of her Dr to do such a thing, what was his reasoning? I'm curious as I myself would like to avoid being in that situation!

Tacodude, as far as the research goes I've done so much I feel like a private investigator lol. I was surprised to find the website I did which lists the doctors in a particular area and exactly what they prescribed along with the number of prescriptions written and everything. It's a pretty awesome and handy resource IMO! Made it very easy to pinpoint the hot spots so to speak. Then a quick Google search leads you to reviews, which leads to names of actual patients which I've contacted through messaging, and confirmed that the doctors I'm considering do in fact write oxy still. Now as far as me being able to get them as a new patient, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think my mind is made up on whether or not to go with the email source. I don't think I will. Just the thought of being able to get oxys so easily is just to intriguing to ignore and not at least ponder, ya know?

Ok guys, have an update for anyone that cares lol. Made an appointment with a new PM doc thats about 99% sure to prescribe me some oxycodone which Ive been in desperate need of for so long now. Also, I know there are a ton of big and dandy mega threads about RC opiates [dont even try to UTFSE me ;)] but I would just like a quick opinion so that I can end my endless thread surfing about RC Fent. I'm debating on going with Furanylfent [fu-f] or Acetylfent [AF]. Before anyone tries to lecture me on the potency of Fent in general, trust me, I'm aware. Im just wondering if any of my fellow BL brethren could offer me quick and to the point pros vs cons of AF vs. FU-F. I would like to order a couple grams bulk and use some bacteriostatic water to make a solution for storage in sealed glass vials. Ya know, for hard times.....or the occasional fun weekend ha. 8)

I was recently told by a doctor the new regulations (being pushed by federal although I can't say it's anything official) for controlled medications is three months of prior proven sobriety via urine test. That was news to me.

If you have a pm doc who's willing to prescribe you oxycodone why dont you just go with that?

If you'r taking fentanyl your tolerance will skyrocket and anything prescribed wont work anymore (except fentanyl of course).

And fentanyl has a short half life...so you have to redose very frequently.

That's why it's ideal to use patches....and not a solution.

Fentanyl is really a last resort.

Edit: i read your post again....even taking fentanyl only on weekends is not a good idea...and It's not an opioid which is particulary known for it's "fun".

Ideal would be oxycodone extended release as your base medication and instant release for hard or "fun" times.

Tacodude I'm not sure what you're getting at here exactly.... I have to piss for my PM doc every month. Did your source mean that any new pain patient has to piss totally clean for 3 months prior to be prescribed anything? Surely not. That'd make no sense whatsoever.

And zirbeldude I'm aware of the nuances of fent pretty well. I was a pre-med/pharmacology student at UA while I was an EMT so I'm aware of its ins and outs so to speak. I'm not saying I know it all though and you actually raised a good point that didn't cross my mind about screwing up my tolerance for oxy with the fent. That never really occurred to me because I've been on legitimate opiates for so long I don't even think of things like that anymore. I can say though that when I was experimenting with original fent that I absolutely loved it which is what lead me to my current thought about building a fun stash out of it. The problem with your theory though is that in a perfect world I could easily have ER oxy for maintaining and IR for break through. But where I live I'd be lucky to get it period honestly, I'm just going with my best chances at the doc I chose. Do you think though that IF I were to get scripted oxy and dabbled with the fent rc's here and there that it would really mess my tolerance up any more than it is already? I wasn't thinking it would. I guess I should've worded it as this: Hoping to get a script of oxy IR for playing on the weekends and find a good fent analogue and make nasal sprays and vape mixtures that'll manage my pain better and at a more steady level.

As Sweet Brown once famously said "Ain't nobody got time for dat!" Lol. No seriously I'm in an airport fighting jet lag can someone give me the highlights of it? Please if you'd be so kind.

It's the short version, complete with bullet points. It will take you 2 minutes. If you want to know about testing and scripts, that's where the answers are. Even Brown had time for that. Especially if your messing around with something as potentially deadly as fent.

Ole Sweet Brown wasn't messing with the same stuff I am either so yeah, good point. I was just tired. I will read through it once I get home to my laptop. I can bet though if it's from the CDC it's gonna be full of crap. Thanks for the info "Mate"! (Been hearing that nonstop for the past few days and finally got to say it lol)

No worries-it's the condensed version, intended to be printed and pinned on an office corkboard. Honestly, the most anti-patient set of guidelines I've seen. Docs have to do backflips before taking out the script pad-there's a whole list of things they have to do and offer. Doesn't matter whether the list will provide any benefit to the patient. The section I thought was egregious was the "Avoid prescribing benzos with opiates". Doesn't matter what type, how much etc. There are many patients on low dose PRN benzos from a mental health professional-which means the PM folks can refuse to treat them.

ETA- a lot of the more draconian measures are for people who are at 50 mg Morphine or equivalent. And you will need to be urine tested.