• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. Bundle Up, it's about to get cold!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit 10 months on the 24th. Been in a depression for a couple weeks now but remaining sober. Got laid off from a job I enjoyed unexpectedly. Still goin to meetings almost everyday and staying connected. If it wasn't for the try friendships I e built in the last year I'd be a lot worse off mentally. Another day though

10 month is incredible man! Staying connected is the way to go. Hang in their and let's get another day ; )

^True + what you been doing that worked for you.
Keep up with the good work hebb22! :)
One day at a time!

Meeting almost everyday and not using no matter what. I realize today that drugs have the ability to turn me into someone I hate. I've recently been looking more at myself and behaviors. I used for many reasons but it was mostly due to my self defeatng thinking. I honestly never thought I could stay clean. I've gotten clean quite a few times but never managed more than a couple months. I just decided to give soberity an honest and whole hearted attempt this last time and was willing to do whatever that entailed. Idk really I'm getting older (25) and I really feared living a lifetime of addiction and disappointment. No more excuses. Hope everyone gets another day today!

I don't know why but for the past 24 or 48 hours I've bin having really crazy thoughts about getting high
My mind is trying to convince me that I can just get high once
I already know that is not possible so why am I thinking this way
I don't want to say that I might give in but these cravings are really strong
Is this normal? Will this feeling just go away soon asking as I do not give in?
I'm a little scared I'm not going to lie. I have built way to much in the past 8 months to throw it all away.

Congrats CH! And everyone that is clean today. It was a hard one for me today but I didn't cave.

It wasn't an easy day for me either

I am in a bit of pain, and it is making me sad. I'm not triggered by it, but still, pain sucks.

<3 to everyone

hang in there totach!

Thinking about quitting benzos more or less cold turkey. I know we're all about harm reduction so no need to give me a lecture, this is just how I gotta do it. Might go back to a 1/4 dose if I feel like there's a seizure coming. Any tips? Besides padding the walls and all.

Thinking about quitting benzos more or less cold turkey. I know we're all about harm reduction so no need to give me a lecture, this is just how I gotta do it. Might go back to a 1/4 dose if I feel like there's a seizure coming. Any tips? Besides padding the walls and all.

What kind of dosages of what benzo are you taking?

I just want to make sure that your plan is doable, and physically safe for your body. :)

What kind of dosages of what benzo are you taking?

I just want to make sure that your plan is doable, and physically safe for your body. :)

Just 1mg of clonazepam a day, but lately I've been taking double the dose because of sleep issues. It should be doable, atleast I've done it before after 4 years of use. It was intensive as hell and we're talking about many years worth of usage again.

Just 1mg of clonazepam a day, but lately I've been taking double the dose because of sleep issues. It should be doable, atleast I've done it before after 4 years of use. It was intensive as hell and we're talking about many years worth of usage again.

4 years of use?

I'd say do a basic taper. Get to half a milligram a day.

There's a certain psychological factor behind "oh it's just half a tablet". There's also the very real physical reality of your brain going at 50% efficiency for a while. You have to be OK with both of these.

stay strong <3

4 years of use?

I'd say do a basic taper. Get to half a milligram a day.

There's a certain psychological factor behind "oh it's just half a tablet". There's also the very real physical reality of your brain going at 50% efficiency for a while. You have to be OK with both of these.

stay strong <3

Think you're right. I underestimated this beast and things are already spiraling out of control. Time to change plans.

Still having bad cravings but hanging in there

hope you pull through them man <3

have you thought about why the cravings are happening? Is there something in life (a girlfriend, a job, time and funds to travel) that you wish you had? When we're lacking what we really need, we often try to substitute it with drugs. Sometimes this process is so automated we don't even realize we're actually missing anything.

I'm really not sure what it is. In the past 8 months I went from having nothing to having a brand new car enough money to do whatever I please I'm really blessed to be in this position but yet out of nowhere I'm getting these really strong cravings. I must admit that if I had a dealers number I might have copped I even hit up a old friend thank god he didn't answer. I'm scared to share how I feel with any of my friends or family I do not want to worry hem so being able to share here is great.
I hope I will pull thru this captain thanx for reaching out ;)

I'm really not sure what it is. In the past 8 months I went from having nothing to having a brand new car enough money to do whatever I please I'm really blessed to be in this position but yet out of nowhere I'm getting these really strong cravings. I must admit that if I had a dealers number I might have copped I even hit up a old friend thank god he didn't answer. I'm scared to share how I feel with any of my friends or family I do not want to worry hem so being able to share here is great.
I hope I will pull thru this captain thanx for reaching out ;)
Maybe you need to intellectually challenge yourself to combat boredom? I have to do this. I read a lot, for instance.

Do you have a good varied amounts of hobbies?

Are you exercising?

Status
Not open for further replies.