• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Seperating Levamisole from Cocaine

recently had the pleasure of seeing how to clean right. Acetone wash then Iso, gather then ammonia base to dry and chloroform wash. It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not trying to do anything but share my experience, if you decide to try just please wear PPE and be safe

recently had the pleasure of seeing how to clean right. Acetone wash then Iso, gather then ammonia base to dry and chloroform wash. It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not trying to do anything but share my experience, if you decide to try just please wear PPE and be safe
Do you have a detailed method of this? I feel like I've been looking for a more thorough cleaning method forever

I’ve been working on this as my COVID hobby - putting my chem degree to use. Slowly acquiring materials and building a lab. A vacuum chamber definitely the most useful item for drying acetone etc. in a timely manor, and also a vacuum Buchner filter rather than gravity with coffee filters. But that same damn brown Lieberman always the ( Levasimole) for sure.
i just today though of the isopropyl idea and Lo and behold, this thread had its first post in 10 years with that same idea. I have no info on it other than looking at méthanol and ethanol trends, logically Levasimole HCl should have poor isopropyl solubility. I just ordered a soxhlet so I can play without wasting solvents….so far the ideas I have are not
1. Chloroform - but I don’t have any
2. pKa : can’t find consistent data but if it’s more than 1 different from Coke maybe it would precipitate earlier and could be filtered out if you basify it slowly
3. isopropanol on salt. Modify the ethanol wash - use a minimum of hot isopropyl, cool it way down, filter and keep liquid
4. Hexane in soxhlet on freebase

happy to share results ; let’s get this crap out of it!