• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Separating Coke and Meth

citypress100

Bluelighter
Got myself some coke and tested positive for cut with methamphetamine, but unsure how to separate them?

The base of meth isn't really soluble in water and there isn't an obvious solvent to use to separate them either.

Anyone have a suggestion?

This seems like it would be pretty difficult to do.

You might try separating the two by making the freebase. Cocaine freebase is a solid at room temperature while methamphetamine freebase is an oil, so you might try to physically separate the two somehow, manually. This is probably what I would do in your situation.

Not sure how well this will actually work however. Separating them in their salt form will be even harder and doesn't seem possible to do with basic at-home chemistry approaches.

This seems like it would be pretty difficult to do.

You might try separating the two by making the freebase. Cocaine freebase is a solid at room temperature while methamphetamine freebase is an oil, so you might try to physically separate the two somehow, manually. This is probably what I would do in your situation.

Not sure how well this will actually work however. Separating them in their salt form will be even harder and doesn't seem possible to do with basic at-home chemistry approaches.
Yeah not a bad shout. I was thinking of freebasing then with a separation funnel, add a small layer of solvent to draw the oil up to where the solvents meet but not enough for it to dissolve, then remove the majority of the aqueous layer that would have the coke free base floating in it.

I guess I'd lose some yield in that zone where the coke and meth meet, but better than meth cut coke.

Would simple filtratition work if I repeatedly add a solvent they are both insoluble in (water easiest I guess), or would I need some kind of vacuum filtration to draw the oil through the paper? Or would the fact the oil is hydrophobic push it back up into the filter?