Sentence for 50+ Ex pills

ecstasteve said:
I got busted in so cal and I'm now a convicted felon (cant vote, own a gun, or be on jury duty), i have 180 days jailtime that im doing over 60 weekends of hard-labor. About $3500 in fees. 3 years probation. And that was for 20 pills.
sales im assuming?

and by 180 days jailtime over 60 weekends of hard labor do you mean you have community service?

How do you do 180 days over 60 weekends?

Do you have to work day and night to cram three days worth of work in?

180 days breaks down to 120 days (60 weekends) because you get credit for 3 days everytime you serve 2. It's not community service, its hard labor at the jail. Whether we're sweeping parking lots (if were lucky), or moving piles of rock for no apparant reason, its hard labor out in the hot sun.

As far as the sales comment, I don't think 20 pills is hardly sales. If we're gonna roll for the night, 20 pills will work for 2-5 people. I've taken more just myself when I wanna roll the weekend away. I like to dose high, 1000mg of MDMA is wonderful! (of course not recommended for beginners)

Last edited:
OK, I looked up the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure (go to http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/cr.toc.htm and type MDMA in the search engine).

We find that MDMA is in 'Penalty Group 2'. Searching 'Penalty Group 2', we find that the penalties for posession are as follows:

For manufacture or delivery:

"An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the first degree if the amount of the controlled substance to which the offense applies is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, four grams or more but less than 400 grams." [This is the second worst kind of felony, out of 4, e.g. state jail, second degree, first degree, and "10 years [min] to 99 years"].

It seems to me that 50 pills would equal at least 5 grams (if each pill is 100mg).

It would be a second degree felony if he just got done for posession (or third degree if it was less than 4 grams).

The punishment for first degree felonies is 5-99 years.
The punishment for second degree felonies is 2-20 years.

Obviously, IANAL. I am not even American, so I may be misunderstanding your legal system. I'd be grateful if someone more knowledgeable than I could look at the link I posted, and confirm.

But it certainly seems to me that your friend should get a fucking lawyer, and make a real effort to find a way of showing that he wasn't dealing.

yes, GET A GOOD LAWYER. The texans don't fuck around. Hate to say it but your friend will probably be doing a couple years or more..

*=Regulator=* said:
How do you do 180 days over 60 weekends?

Do you have to work day and night to cram three days worth of work in?
That made me really laugh :D Fuck your legal system is all I can say, it's disgusting :(

dude, the u.s. does not fuck around when it comes to ecstasy. i believe trafficking is 20 pills and over (saw that in Go, heard it from many people)

possession with intent could just mean having 2 bags with a pill in each. now, instead of just planning on taking two pills and having a fun night, you are a convicted drug dealer and felon.

that makes sense 8)

if he/she can prove they didn't have intentions of selling, but for personal use only they could get away with probation and will be asked if wanting to give up which will require them to go to local cop station for tests every couple of weeks.
or if you get a good enough criminal lawyer which will cost you around $1100 to $2000 criminal lawyers are normally cheaper because they don't charge by the hour or how many times you have to go to court.
But being 1st offense and depending on how strict the courts are, you could get away with probation still with intensions to sell or not sell, otherwise i would be get 3 - 6 months jail only being a small quantity

this is in qld australia. just depends where you live.

cheers

ps. just read some more post - just because 1 person opened there trap, tell your friend to get a good lawyer and fight for the no intenions to sell, if they only have proof of one sale and wasn't intending on sellin he could get off with a 12 month probation and rehabillitation and testing.
otherwise expect something mroe along the lines of 3 -6 months jail being first offense and smal quantity.

Last edited:
otherwise expect something mroe along the lines of 3 -6 months jail being first offense and smal quantity.

not really 'small' quantity.. what's large quantity, having an underground ecstacy lab in your garage?

Anyways I don't know about america, in southern europe you would get fucked in the a with 50 pills on you.

ok 50 to 100 would be small in my part of Australia and you would get away with personal use (cause seriously you walk into alot of clubs aroudn my area and we have been doing some road trips 99% of ppl are off there heads with like 60% selling)

100+ they would be trying to get your arse with intensions to sell.
1st offence 3-6months
2nd offence 2-4 years
3rd offence 4-10 years
4th your screwed

drug offences are alot leaner compared to the driving offence penalties here
1st offence 3 months suspension
2nd offence 2 years disqualification
3rd offence 3-6 months Jail

if you have been to court as many times as i have just about one petty thing and they keep dragging it on and on, you start to learn all penalties. Plus im studying law so yeah haha
It is quiet interesting, sittin in a court room all day till its your turn some of the crap ppl are in tehre for is actually quiet funny and the things they say to try get out of trouble HAHAHA