Sentence for 50+ Ex pills

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
My best friend just got caught with 50 or more ecstacy tablets in Dallas, TX. I was wondering what kind of jailtime he is facing and when I will maybe get to see him again.. I'm really worried. Thanks

He needs to get an awesome criminal attorney and see about getting put into a program so nothing goes on his record... a good attorney will know what to do best

How can you be sorry for him? It does suck that he got caught, but he knew what he was doing and understood the consequenses. Just comes with the territory.

^^^^ what are you talking about? just because a person knows the inherent risks that come with handling illegal substances you think that people can't feel bad that he got busted? If you got busted would you expect your friends to be like, "shit man have fun in jail"?

Bauer095 said:
If you got busted would you expect your friends to be like, "shit man have fun in jail"?

Lmao, I found that hilarious for some reason

Damn, ironically enough it's right around where ecstasy really started gaining steam and getting popular back when it was legal.

Best of luck to your friend.

He couldn't get jail could he?
Maybe a suspended sentence, community server and drug programs?
Especially if first offence. Depending on your study, how young you are, and if you're known by police, then you shouldn't get a record either.

he has to make it look like it was all for personal use. he'll have to make the judge believe that he has a problem with drugs so he'll just get drug program. jail time is probably not associated with this, but im not familiar with that area.

eep. . . hope it wasn't someone I know :(
sorry to hear about your friend. While I don't know off the top of my head of a great criminal defense atty in our area I can certainly ask around. I know some people that may have some good suggestions. . .

hit me with a PM if you'd like me to ask around for ya

sn0wburt0n said:
he has to make it look like it was all for personal use. he'll have to make the judge believe that he has a problem with drugs so he'll just get drug program. jail time is probably not associated with this, but im not familiar with that area.

Well, the problem is that.. One of the people he sold them to, got busted and ratted him out. So it's a fact that he was selling them. The swat team kicked in his door and everything. I don't think he was really expecting to get caught at all.

soundsystem00 said:
Well, the problem is that.. One of the people he sold them to, got busted and ratted him out. So it's a fact that he was selling them. The swat team kicked in his door and everything. I don't think he was really expecting to get caught at all.
now that is some bunk shit. fuck rats. it probably didnt even make a difference if he ratted or not, but im sure he was such a punk that the police told him it would help him, so he did.

i still doubt jail time is associated with it for your friend, though. and if he has thousands of dollars to drop on a lawyer, go right ahead, but it probably wont make much of a difference. look at my case, somewhere in legal q&a . i had the same thing happen but i actually sold pills to an undercover. i was in jail for a little bit but i ended up getting 3 years probation, 60 days community service, register as a drug offender, submit dna samples and fines and shit. and i did NOT get an attorney even though everyone on bluelight suggest that i do.

good luck to your friend.

^ Eh, just because your case happened to work out doesn't mean you should advise people against hiring an attorney! This sounds pretty serious to me. It is possible he could do some jail time even if its his first offense.

ya i agree with you sonic, because mine was in los angeles where id like to think that more serious shit is going on, im not sure about texas...

like i said, if he has 5000 to throw to an attorney, go right ahead, but if the district attorney does a plea bargain like saying he admits to guilty and gets off on probation, the money on an attorney has just basically gone down the drain.

if he's a big guy, doing a little time in jail might even be easier than doing the probation and community service thing....

I got busted in so cal and I'm now a convicted felon (cant vote, own a gun, or be on jury duty), i have 180 days jailtime that im doing over 60 weekends of hard-labor. About $3500 in fees. 3 years probation. And that was for 20 pills.