Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sensible level of meth use

Boku_

Bluelighter
I was thinking about my current pattern of home meth use for the past year compared to 10+ years ago when i used to stims at nightclubs and would often use weekly on a friday or/and a Saturday night and it really does surprise me how much easier the home use drug ride has been for the past year seeing as i am yet to go overboard on the dose of stim's i use and end up going 4-5 nights without sleep.I lost count how many times i went 50+ hours without sleep from something as simple as taking 4 pills in a night while out at a club. Obviously the nights i went a long time with out sleep the pills i consumed were made of pretty much pure speed. I did have good nights out where i would take 3 or 4 pills plus snort some speed and ketemine and i would have the night of my life but just be awake for the one night. sometimes i would even hammer down 7 or 8 bongs of weed and i would pass out the next morning and wake up fresh in the afternoon to smoke some more bongs. I think the point i am trying to get across is using drugs like amphetamines weekly and cannabis daily i never gave my body or especially my mind a chance to recover

Fast forward to now and i use smokable meth the most would argue is far more troublesome than old skool pills and speed but IME i have nothing bad to say about ice, I put my positive attitude of meth down to the fact i use once every 14 days which gives me enough time to recover as well as plenty of time to feel normal and enjoy others things in life other than smoking meth. Also what helps at most when i purchase ice from my dealer i get just enough to keep me awake for one night no multi day binges for me these days i know it does fuck a lot of drug users who smoke meth a home but the main cause of their problems IMO is that they purchase a bigger amount of meth that is needed for one single smoking session that will keep a user awake for one night. The main problem with meth is that if you have more meth on you it is really hard to say no to smoking more meth and getting higher and higher all while causing more sleep deprivation.

The point i am trying to get across is that if your a drug user wondering what counts as sensible use of meth as far as i am concerned using at the most once every 14 days is a good rate of meth use to aim for. Of course it would be good to have breaks of more than 2 weeks regularly. I base this 2 week statement on my past meth use since December 2014 which has been a fairly consistent level of meth use and for the most part this meth use hasn't costed me any negative experiences. Touch wood so far so good.

Just wondering does anyone on the australian DD on bluelight disagree with me and think meth once every 2 weeks is actually too much and will lead to negative affects on the lifestyle and health of a meth user.

And please guys i am not trying to come across as the perfect strong willed drug user who has no problems i am just merely trying to say fortnightly stim use is way less destructive than weekly stim use.

I think it depends on the person and what else they have going on in their lives aswell as the meth use.
I can honestly admit I now smoke meth probably 2-3 days/nights a week and whilst sometimes keeping up with my commitments and living a normal life (not like a crack head) is hard Im determined to prove to myself (and others to a degree) that drug use is a choice and any strong minded person can use to their satisfaction and still maintain balance.

Even if ive been up all night I still attend uni, do my homework, eat regular meals and visit family regularly. No one would suspect I use as much as I do because I look after myself and always put other things ahead of the drugs.

Both Very good posts. We are here to discuss harm reduction and i think both the OP and reply above shows just that. Things are way too political these days (not just on BL i mean world wide, so to be able to have a thread of various honest and un 'political' (meaning aka : No meth is only the way, - doesn't help when the OP and many others that isn't an option) As long as guidelines are not broken good on you Boku for making a very decent thread which im sure will have lots of various opionions.

My own opionion is, based on my experience (of course we all have different levels of personality ect) but I agree with two weeks being "safe" if that has caused you no problems. As soon as you break that timeslot my 'safe' answer is taken back, not saying u will end up up any worse from doing it maybe two weekends in a row for an occasion ect' but your fishing in unfamilier waters. I base my answer, as in the case of yourself, i used meth every weekend for a good 3-4 years and it didn't have any major impact on my life. I was doing greaet at work, didn't suffer any serious mental or physical damage...
When i chose to break the 'weekend drug' cycle and start using during the week it was decline from there..

Thanks andyturbo for the feedback....thats the whole reason im on bluelight to network with other users and to gain and give advice and support.
In the drug community we gotta stick together because lets face it we are all we've got.

And I agree its about setting your own boundaries with ur usage and sticking to the promises u make to urself.
In recent times my bf and I have had times where we have ended up having meth and or GHB nearly everyday for like a week straight (mostly because of two addicts that were living with us, it was always around) and each time we have been able to say to eachother that we were going too hard and needed to pull back and we did.
We both use for fun and mostly use the meth when we need to get crap done. We both have goals and dreams we are focusing on and we are determined to not let anything hold us back.

in my experience, even 2 weeks gap will start to affect your life, especially if you continue use into year 2 and 3. by then, you may look at meth as an entirely different beast, especially if your usage creeps up to every other day (which is what happened with me). in my experience, meth use has differing effects over different trajectories, on the physical and psychological realm, the repercussions of which continue long after stopping use- and of which the worst and most scary only become apparent after stopping use. my 3 years culminated in being hospitalized with a leg infection and nearly losing my leg. i loved the first year, then it turned into something otherwordly, over which, in hindsight, i had no control. if i hadn't ended up in hospital (which i took as a wake up call, and used to break my habit), i might have let it eat me completely- i was fundamentally romanced by it.
my self-destructive side is still potentially seduced by the prospect of drug-fuelled insanity, but i wont do it for meth. not now, not with what i know about it- it's not worthy, imo. there's far better drugs for that (i'd happily do it with mdpv)
so whether this is relevant or not, i don't know, but imo mdpv would be a way better one to use every coupla weeks, for what it's worth.
take care

I disagree, but I have had a habit before.

I can't use it at all. It sends me crazy almost instantly and I know other people who just shouldn't use the stuff. You are very lucky to have been able to use for so long without problems. I think a lot of my issues with it stem from polydrug use. I.e staying up for days then taking benzodiazepines or opioids to come down and repeat.

I try not to use it anymore as even a few puffs make me what I think is either manic or psychotic. I think I may be bipolar and if I am, meth surely has something to do with the severity of it. Heroin(my DOC) on the other hand has caused physical issues but doesn't affect my mental health at all it seems.

Once a year? Even then the brutal come down was hardly worth it in my opinion. That was only one 100mg dose.

Boku, I'm impressed with your willpower. That must be fun during the good parts.

I can't use it at all. It sends me crazy almost instantly and I know other people who just shouldn't use the stuff. You are very lucky to have been able to use for so long without problems. I think a lot of my issues with it stem from polydrug use. I.e staying up for days then taking benzodiazepines or opioids to come down and repeat.

I try not to use it anymore as even a few puffs make me what I think is either manic or psychotic. I think I may be bipolar and if I am, meth surely has something to do with the severity of it. Heroin(my DOC) on the other hand has caused physical issues but doesn't affect my mental health at all it seems.

That's really interesting.

I always thought that the number one cause for meth associated psychosis was the lack of sleep. Irrespective of the stimulant I've used I've always found that after 24-48 hours of no sleep that i'll start to go crazy. I always found that mixing lack of sleep with grog was particularly destructive, especially when weren't able to sleep/pass out.

Also when under stress I think meth, alcohol and a lack of sleep are an exceedingly potent mix. Especially if you have a history of abuse and violence.

I think regular meth use is possible and doable. But careful dosing and lifestyle choices are necessary to make it work. Eating properly, Dosing early in the morning for example, either as a pill or in IV form. Not taking a second dose and ensuring that the dose is enough to give you the stimulus you need but allowing you to sleep at the end of the night. Properly monitored by medical professionals. However this comes down to how functional/dysfunctional you are.

Obviously people who are unemployed, with poor housing and pending criminal justices matters shouldn't be given meth to taken without supervision and uncontrolled environment littered with narcotics and other substances.

However if there was a clinic that these people could go to, dose and then be allowed to chill in a managed area then I can't imagine why we wouldn't do this. I would much rather a dysfunctional meth user take meth in the presence of medical professionals then at home where the wife and family can act as a punching bag.

And for those functional meth users, the ones with jobs, families and houses, who aren't violent these people should be allowed, pursuant to an appropriate dosing/management plan be allowed to take it. Again supervision and monitoring for warning signs and adverse issues will minimise the problems that are associated with these people.

Strictly legislated clubs and areas where people can use drugs (but where medical services and "trip sitters) could be provided by the club / pub industry would again miminise the danger.

I think recreationally there is also a way to use meth and avoid most of the negative problems associated with it.

^ I think chugs post is well thought out and reasoned, but a little optimistic overall.

IMO meth is a drug we should be advocating abstinence from smoking or IVing , in the interest of harm reduction.

I know a lot of people hold their own with the drug for a while, but I've never seen anyone who it didn't get the best of eventually.

Orally it's a different story.

Also, can you imagine crackheads consenting to using in front of doctors and being high around them ? Talk about a "spin out" lol

I'd love to see drug law reform in this country but at this stage it's a fanciful pipe dream. Way too much misinformation, and people in positions of power who will never change their opinions.

I'd love to see drug law reform in this country but at this stage it's a fanciful pipe dream. Way too much misinformation, and people in positions of power who will never change their opinions.

Its only a pipe dream because unlike the homosexuals we're fucking cowards.

We're stuck in the drug closet. Scared of the consequences. For me I could easily see DOCs getting involved (because hey you know I like to take more then a puff of a joint), I can see my employer terminating my employment and being unemployable, losing the house, becoming bankrupt etc. I can see my in-laws definitely not understanding (they come from the third world) and going for custody of the kids. I can see them poisoning the wife against me and you know basically my entire life collapsing.

Like the homosexuals before they marched for their freedom. Back then they too were demonised. They too risked family and employment. In fact unbelievably in the first march in Sydney, the Sydney Morning fucking Herald published the names and work places of all the people who were arrested. But yeah, those brave bastards won their right to practice something that society thought of as evil and disgusting.

All things they see drug use as today.

We gotta march for our freedom and be prepared for the casualties because the very act of risking of it all, of showing people that it's worse to live in the drug closet (with all the shit, stress and emotional turmoil that comes with hiding ones drug use) is how we show them that we deserve our freedom.

Its worse because its clear that there is biological functions, during our pre and post natal development (Hutchinson and Watkins) that prime us for drug use. That the opiate induced sickness (a'ka withdrawals) is worse in us then in the normal population hence our desire to use regularly and repeatedly vs normal people who don't get addicted to it.

The misinformation is something that we can win. But we can't win it if we expect doctors who have their own agenda's to fight the war. Or the drug law reform society who's vision isn't exactly what I think we need.

Zrx;13586411]Boku, I'm impressed with your willpower. It That must be fun during the good parts.
Thanks and thanks for the replies guys.

Tbh my willpower as far as only smoking meth occasionally is due to finding meth to be such a lifestyle drug inthat its such a different feeling for the 24 hours after use. I also have other vices like grog gambling and sex so I am not perfect by any means

my willpower isn't perfect but a psychologist once told me about consequencal thinking which helps me put things in perspective.

Another big problem is the lack of organisation and ability to vocalise our positions coherently in the drug using community. It's reflected on here too. Some people are very articulate, while others are, well, quite impaired. Lol.

I remember the first few years of weekend/monthly use how fucked comedowns were. A edgy smelly "I swear this is the last weekend" dehydrated plale skinned hungry as fuck (but the thought of food was no chance. Then the awareness of slowly trying to sleep but hearts pounding. That shit was fucked.

In no way am I saying hey everyone become a daily user. DONT.
But in regards to the substance/sleep thing. I use everyday and or night and sleep when I want. I literly sometimes will wake up with a pipe under me sometimes laying in shards if I had left the bag open nd that's without my "bedtime" 2mg clonazepam and 10mg diazepam.
Those are rare occasions btw. But with sleep, FOOD AND HYDRATION it is possible to live a normal life. I don't look like a junky, I've seen that result side if daily uses that dont look after themselves. I've surprisingly improved my life now colored to the years of binge recover ect.

Unfortantly theres no way in hell the government will legalized or decriminalize all drugs. Its a sad but solid reality threw taxes from all industrys ssuch as health,crime,pharmaceutical,treatment ect they loose way to much. Just as theres been a quick easy cancer cure for over 20 years.

My contribution to this is that "functional use" stories can be relapse triggers for people that begin to explore moderation fantasies during their abstinence. The best thing for functional use topics is to be VERY wary of promoting it as a skill to be learned

Sometimes people look up to functional use as something special that can start them on harder desire to reuse and even look up to the author as having qualities of the skill to make it happen

Ive suffered "the epitome of human suffering" in my comedowns and surprisingly i dont understand the meaning of what that is until the moment it hits. Its bad.

Its done everything daily users would do. I've fucked. I've failed.

Somehow i see "functional use" as a little gremlin we gotta be careful about in meth forums. One thing I got of of meth was knowing that as a functional myself its been really fucked and i got allot of out contributing my story of functional use as very similar to yours who use more.

Last edited: