• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Senators held a hearing to remind you that ‘good people don’t smoke marijuana’

avcpl

Bluelighter
Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Tuesday convened a hearing of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control to investigate whether the Justice Department has been derelict in its enforcement duties on marijuana.

In the words of Grassley, "The Department of Justice decided to all but abandon the enforcement of federal law relating to the possession, cultivation, and distribution of marijuana."

But the line-up of witnesses called to testify -- including three opponents of marijuana legalization -- had drug policy groups crying foul before the hearing even took place. The Drug Policy Alliance, a group advocating for the reform of highly punitive drug laws, described the proceedings as a "sham hearing" and a "one-sided prohibitionist party."

[Support for marijuana legalization has hit an all-time high]

The liberal Feinstein and conservative Grassley make an odd couple in the charged partisan environment of today's Senate, but the two senators have long seen eye to eye on marijuana issues. To discuss the merits of state-level marijuana legalization initiatives and the federal government's response to them, they called on a number of speakers who've made a name for themselves fighting marijuana reform efforts at the state and federal level, including:

Benjamin B. Wagner, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of California, who has prosecuted low-level marijuana offenses;
Doug Peterson, the Nebraska attorney general whose lawsuit against Colorado's legal marijuana regime was recently tossed out by the U.S. Supreme Court;
And Kathryn Wells, a Colorado pediatrician on the advisory board of Smart Approaches to Marijuana, the leading anti-marijuana legalization group in the United States.
The only other speaker was a representative from the Government Accountability Office who gave a rundown of a recent report on the nuts and bolts of the federal response to marijuana legalization. Otherwise, the hearing focused almost exclusively on what the speakers said were the harms caused by relaxing marijuana laws.

Caucus member Jeff Sessions (R.-Al.) spoke of the need to foster "knowledge that this drug is dangerous, you cannot play with it, it is not funny, it's not something to laugh about... and to send that message with clarity that good people don't smoke marijuana."

more:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-hearing-is-heavy-on-anecdote-light-on-data/

But all the cocaine and prostitutes Senators have been caught sniffing and fucking is perfectly okay, bugger off you self-absorbed twat bags

Hey Chuck and Dianne keep your silly morals to yourself

GNOM-2575-2__98994.1426537046.1280.1280.jpg

The two republicans identified in the article have last names Grassley Sessions. Um, yeah... =D

I seriously hope that people start actually standing up to this goon squad.

Yeah, how much you wanna bet they drink alcohol, which is a far more dangerous and toxic drug than MJ. Stupid asses. :!

Continue to row furiously against the tide of positive social change, assholes. :)

♫ ♫ ♫
Little ditty, about Chuck and Dianne,
two American pols ruining this fine fair land.
Chuckie gonna be a right-wing star,
and Dianne a leftie, but they ride in the same car.
♫ ♫ ♫

This is no different than the Nixon hearings on cannabis.
What a farce.

Old people and Southerners. Pretty much the root of every problem in this country.

Hey now, not all Southerners are bad. I live near the University of Arkansas and we have lenient pot laws here. The cops basically ignore personal use MJ; as per a law passed by our county lawmakers. They also have laws protecting LBGT people and couples. Not allof the south is bad. I noticed it wasn't a Southerner that did this. It was a Republican from backwards ass Iowa, and a supposedly LIBERAL Democrat from too liberal California (I'm a native Californian, but I couldn't stand the overly liberal laws for illegals and people in prison, so I moved to Arkansas). What makes me wonder, who in Feinstein's family is an out of control, crazy addict, that made a liberal like her go with a backwards ass mid-western (losers) conservative and try and stamp out medical pot? :? :sus: :p

When you refer to human beings as "illegals" it doesn't make me think of you as compassionate or progressive. Arkansas was also pretty late to the "protecting people's rights" game (though there are nice people there).

To note though, both of these Senators are old as dirt.

Great more satanic psychopaths making our laws... seriously.... When will this country finally have a government that is actually RUN BY THE PEOPLE and not crazy satan worshiping scum bags looking to fill up more prisons, both these senators own millions of dollars worth of shares in the private prison industry - i bet.

Great more satanic psychopaths making our laws... seriously.... When will this country finally have a government that is actually RUN BY THE PEOPLE and not crazy satan worshiping scum bags looking to fill up more prisons with innocent people, both these senators own millions of dollars worth of shares in the private prison industry - i bet or at the very least are lobbied by these prison industries.

Old people and Southerners. Pretty much the root of every problem in this country.

I see you must have invested in a massive brush to paint in strokes so broad.

And, if I were pressed to name the root of every problem in the US, I think my list would involve narrow-mindedness and lack of education, which can occur in people of any age, and of any region.

Also, rather than belittle the groups that you see these individuals as belonging to, I think it would be preferable to belittle or blame the individuals themselves, or maybe the political forces driving them.

I see this as a desperate, pitiful attempt by the anti-freedom fuckers to stop the powerful legalization trends overtaking the people of the country (and, maybe, world).

Anti-freedom fuckers come in all colors, ages, and regions. All religions have them, and some of them are athiests. They are our real enemy, so please make sure not to get confused.

Last edited:
Its actually kind of funny like when its all said and done will these people be the ones thought of as trying to halt progress? Will it be like alcohol prohibition when everyones says "those people were stupid for creating a large problem"

Someone should rent a plane and fly over events like this and litter it with propaganda leaflets like in opposing sides do in wars. "dont be cut off from progress, dont regret your decision to stay with a failing idea, join the side of liberty side with the american dream against a fascist state" It just reminds me of every other time people think theres an enemy, rather then focus on legit facts they just blast the other side like thats whats going to convince people... you cant fool all the people all the time.

These two won't be waiting long before cancer catches up and I bet my last white privilege that both of them would wish they could take a toke to pass away their last few hours.

I am truly embarrassed that a hack like Richard Shelby represents me in the senate. He is up for re election in November. Hopefully he loses

Marijuana users hold hearing to remind people that the American legislative branch has been an abysmal corrupt failure for many years now.