• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

semi easy heroin withdrawal

smackgear

Greenlighter
Ok... I'm new here, but I thought that maybe what I've been through might be of help to someone else... So here goes....
I have kicked smack soooo many times, and went back after every timeas well... I'm currently on day 5 of a kick that hasn't been so bad..... Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been easy, but I haven't spent three days on the toilet while hugging a five gallon bucket to hurl in, either....
First, a little background: I've been a heroin addict for over ten years now, and I'm sure you know the usual story... Kick this motherfucker, go back to it, kick it again, go on subs, took liquid methadone orally, until I just HAD to start juicin it up... Went through the good ol heroin and meth speedball thing for a while, and so on, ad nauseum.... Anyway, this time to kick, I left town, took a quarter of a sub with me and 6 tenex pills, which are really just clonodine, and a 30 mg opana.... Day 1: break the opana in half, juice it when withdrawals start... Feel better for about 6 hrs... Start withdrawing again so I juice the otherhalf and try to sleep thru the night, which of course doesn't work.... Wake up jerking and sweating, so I take a two mg Tenex, and some Imodium, and sleep fitfully a few hrs until sunrise, when I wake up again, jerking and sweating, depressed and scared and wondering why the fuck I left town and did this to myself.... I calm myself down, take another Tenex and some more Imodium, and sleep fitfully again, only to wake up a couple of hrs later, and take an eighth of a piece of sub, which kinda makes me feel sicker, but I stick it out until night time, and take another Tenex, and some melatonin, and sleep fitfully until about 2/am, when I wake up and drink a beer, take a Tenex and some Imodium, and gradually start to feel better.... I stay awake into day three, and amazingly, I'm not feeling so bad anymore..... Stay awake all day experiencing some mild wds, but wait and take a sixteenth of a sub, and a Tenex and some melatonin and sleep well for about 4 hrs that night, and then wake up tossing and turning until daylight... Wake up and get some more Tenex from a friend and take one (2mg), and watch TV thru day four feeling not too bad, but still fatigued, and a little bit of restless leg... that night I took another Tenex no sub, and some melatonin, and slept fitfully, again waking up around 3am.... Day 5/comes and I can't believe how little wds I'm feeling..... I guess it's the Tenex??? Questions?? Comments???

Thanks DIBC... I feel really determined... But you know how that goes.... I think I'm actually gonna give some meetings a try....

Sounds like the comibination between the clonidine and the bupe.
Rapid tapers on bupe can be amazing for negating WD symptoms - and clonidine relieves a lot of the more troublesome stuff too - the severe RLS etc.
Well done, i hope you continue to feel better and better, and stay on track and away from smack :)

Just wanted to update everyone... I'm on day 12.... Feeling better.. Worked yesterday for the first time since kicking ....I DID however chip a little bit on day 6....