• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

semaglutide & MDMA?

RLT

Greenlighter
I didn't see anything come up in the search about how these drugs might interact. I know that semaglutide makes you digest food more slowly. What effect might it have with MDMA?

I don't think there are any known interactions. Semaglutide doesn't seem to do much with cytochrome p450 enzyme and drug transporters. But it's a pretty new drug, so I'd be cautious.

So I guess I'd be flying blind if I tried it. That's a little worrisome.

So I guess I'd be flying blind if I tried it. That's a little worrisome.
It's a peptide. It works by causing an increase in insulin by mimicking GLP-1, which also inhibits glucagon and reduces appetite among other things.

It is limited to affecting insulin blood sugar appetite. It does not affect the neurotransmitters that MDMA affects.

However, MDMA has been found to cause hypoglycemia, in some instances severe hypoglycemia based on dose. MDMA acutely increases insulin.

You are probably at a higher risk of developing low blood sugar or severely low blood sugar if you take MDMA.

This can easily be resolved by eating a high sugar content candy, glucose paste, fruit, etc. Even table sugar under the tongue can rescue hypoglycemia.

As long as you are paying attention to the signs of low blood sugar, you should be fine.