European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Selfless Act of the Day

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
On thinking of a thread that will help us all think n feel more positively, I thinking along the lines of "proudest moment," "what's your most proudest achievement but hey've been done to death. I thought it would be nice looking at the topic "selflessness," I think it's all too easy to focus on self n forget that others outbthere are desparately in need of help, support n attetion. We're unable to hear then because we're too busy looking inward M=D ok
Yes I'm rather giulty of this. As a member of this joyful EADD sub-forum I'd like to introduce this thread "selfless act of the day."

If we post something we have done that was completely to help someone else instead of ourselves. As I'be just started this you mau not have done any selfless act so please just mention something you did in the past.

I am proposing an EADD team task / challenge where we, eavh of us, aim to do one selfless act daily n document it here. Who's up for this? Would be nixe to try something as a team. I feel
It wpuld be fun, positive, beneficial.

PS: I apologise for all the threads I've made lately I'm juat trying to get thriving discussing that isn't drama n I feel that any thread I creste is ours---not mine. I just want us to look Positive n Infeel that simce Conee, Squid n a few others have joined it's become more busy n positive. Really hope it stays this way n so please dom't think I'm trying to take over as homestly I'm not I'm just bouncing off ideas so if I am becoming a bit much please just send me a PM n we'll discuss it. Just don't wantnthings going backwards. I love this forum n I love you all so very much <3 Thank you for letting me be a part of EADD really is appreciated xxxx

Evey

My life is so fucked up at the moment I don't even want to be here half the time. Selflessness is great but everyone needs some form of help and support at some time in their lives. I've just been to visit the stress councillor at work and he's a lovely bloke but there's only so much he can do. I'm in a really dark place at the moment the strain is overwhelming me. I just don't know what to do half the time. Very, very sad today :(

Try a long walk in the woods WITH someone Englandz.

It might give you some perspective on life, if it doesn't at least you'd sleep well tonight from being tired.

If only I had anyone to take that walk with. I'm defo not taking walks in the woods on my own as I have a feeling they would not and well at all......

29E39B4.jpg

Even getting these today which I've been waiting on for months hasn't cheered me up.....

My life is so fucked up at the moment I don't even want to be here half the time. Selflessness is great but everyone needs some form of help and support at some time in their lives. I've just been to visit the stress councillor at work and he's a lovely bloke but there's only so much he can do. I'm in a really dark place at the moment the strain is overwhelming me. I just don't know what to do half the time. Very, very sad today :(

Awh I'm extremely sorry tomheat that you're in so much pain, G you're morebthan welcome to php e me iv you need a chat or anything x always here for you

Evey

I'm out of oramorph now too and my pain clinic Appointment isn't until 4th May. I'm scared I'm gonna suffer wds even from this short term amount but if got 5 days off from tomorrow so hopefully can handle them from home.

Life just sucks at the minute. I'd never do anything stupid cos I don't believe in it but I just don't want to be here...

Thanks Evey...

Gaz, you need a holiday.

Get yer arse out to sunny south east Asia, pack sunscreen, and you won't be there anymore:)

Sounds like the suicidal thoughts may be part of the withdrawal n as you seem to have a tendency for feeling this way it may be better for you to find another way of managing your pain than opiates which seem to be making your depressiom worse n if you're thinking along these lines, are dangerous. Did you read my E-mail that I semt last Friday? I may be speakingbutter drivel but I made some suggestions about the way you're feeling n asked your thoughts on it?

Have you tried cognitive behavoural therapy as opposed to stress counselling? Stress counselling may benefit you but going by everything you've related to us since you've come to EADD sounds like this all goes deeper than stress. I could be wrong n Zi sinceely apologise of I am.

Sending thoughts <3

Evey

Just checked and I haven't received any email from you. Stress is a very complicated thing, far more so than most people think. Its not a reaction to a single event but a build up over time that can cause physical symptoms as well as severe depression.

Never mind though, got my senior paramedic eppaulettes in the post to give me something to feel good about.

I'll tell you one thing though...pain or not, I wish I'd never taken an opiate in my life as they definitely don't suit my body or psychie one bit. I end up using them as an antidepressant on a nighttime after work to take away the stress of the day and help me sleep which is a recipe to ruin.....

Gaz, you need a holiday.

Get yer arse out to sunny south east Asia, pack sunscreen, and you won't be there anymore:)

I wish mate.....I haven't had a holiday in 10 years......

Selfless acts, being selfless, do not need to be spoken about. Doing the right thing towards other people speaks for itself.

Selfless acts, being selfless, do not need to be spoken about. Doing the right thing towards other people speaks for itself.

Good point x Inwas thinking more on the point of encouraging ome anothet because we can all become obsorbed in ourselves sometimes that it's nice to do something for others n spread the word of love n positivity xxxxx

Evey

being kind to other people costs nothing and makes the world a better place. I try to do my bit where I can. Karma innit.

Thanks but it doesnt mean a lot it just means more courses and getting send to harder and worse jobs. A slight pay rise but not much. Perfectly honest I'm not even sure what "senior paramedic" even means.....

Its a nice touch though....

On thinking of a thread that will help us all think n feel more positively, I thinking along the lines of "proudest moment," "what's your most proudest achievement but hey've been done to death. I thought it would be nice looking at the topic "selflessness," I think it's all too easy to focus on self n forget that others outbthere are desparately in need of help, support n attetion. We're unable to hear then because we're too busy looking inward M=D ok
Yes I'm rather giulty of this. As a member of this joyful EADD sub-forum I'd like to introduce this thread "selfless act of the day."

If we post something we have done that was completely to help someone else instead of ourselves. As I'be just started this you mau not have done any selfless act so please just mention something you did in the past.

I am proposing an EADD team task / challenge where we, eavh of us, aim to do one selfless act daily n document it here. Who's up for this? Would be nixe to try something as a team. I feel
It wpuld be fun, positive, beneficial.

PS: I apologise for all the threads I've made lately I'm juat trying to get thriving discussing that isn't drama n I feel that any thread I creste is ours---not mine. I just want us to look Positive n Infeel that simce Conee, Squid n a few others have joined it's become more busy n positive. Really hope it stays this way n so please dom't think I'm trying to take over as homestly I'm not I'm just bouncing off ideas so if I am becoming a bit much please just send me a PM n we'll discuss it. Just don't wantnthings going backwards. I love this forum n I love you all so very much <3 Thank you for letting me be a part of EADD really is appreciated xxxx

Evey

I would guess that as a single parent you would have to devote a lot of time, every day, looking after your kid. Feeding, clothing, and accompanying her wherever she may need to go are all completely selfless tasks that are expected of every parent, quite often without a word of thanks from the kids; but they can't help that, especially when still very young, they just take everything you do for them totally for granted, as things have always been that way. I'm sure they don't mean to be rude or ungrateful its just something that rarely crosses a youngsters mind. For some reason i was thinking about this recently, all that time and money spent on me, whilst i did say thanks, it only recently occured to me the amount of work and cost involved in bringing up a young 'un.