Self administering botox on forehead?

Ok sounds good! Thanks.

Oh and I believe you said you stored botox in the freezer. Is that diluted botox or do you simply save some of the powder? Asking since I’m debating whether to but only 100 U or 200 U right away.

The page Ellie-Aesthetic on facebook may have more info.

I tried storing re-constituted botox and it was super weak after a few weeks (freezer) when I went to use it.
I read several articles that apparently it can retain potency but in my experience, freeze-dried injectiebles are delicate and not "hardy" as some publications and research claim.

I store the powder and it stays fresh before reconstitution so I normally order 2 vials at a time.

I've read it has a 4 hour window mixed with saline versus 4 week window mixed with bacteriostatic saline (and use saline not just regular sterile water, apparently it can sting a little without the sodium content).
But either way based on experience, once reconstituted I personally use it ASAP.

That being said Ellie-Aesthetic page has other anecdotal claims.... ?

Last edited:
Just as a word of caution also, watch some reputable videos before injecting.

Quality botox works for real and will freeze the muscle to being immobile for 3 straight months.

I was extremely conservative the first few times I used it and extremely gradually increased based on results.
I also did my homework inside out including speaking to several Dr's in botox clinics.

And unrelated but I would NEVER self apply dermal filler.

Many many people do but the risk of backfilling a vessel and going blind is not worth it, IMO.

@ckoretsky apparently did it frequently, but just....... no!!

Just as a word of caution also, watch some reputable videos before injecting.

Quality botox works for real and will freeze the muscle to being immobile for 3 straight months.

I was extremely conservative the first few times I used it and extremely gradually increased based on results.
I also did my homework inside out including speaking to several Dr's in botox clinics.

And unrelated but I would NEVER self apply dermal filler.

Many many people do but the risk of backfilling a vessel and going blind is not worth it, IMO.

@ckoretsky apparently did it frequently, but just....... no!!

Yeah I’ll do my research first.
I’ve had it done many times by professionals and it shouldn’t be too difficult though.

What brand do you buy? Botulax?

Yeah I’ll do my research first.
I’ve had it done many times by professionals and it shouldn’t be too difficult though.

What brand do you buy? Botulax?

I went with that and it works perfectly. Easy to use in 100 IU vials also.

So, OP. Have you tried injecting Botox yourself? And have you tried that homemade Botox? I’m really interested in some firsthand reviews here because Botox injections have become quite expensive in the last couple of years, and the idea to self-administer Botox does not seem that crazy now.
I don’t know whether I would have enough courage actually to do that and not just talk about it, but I still want to learn as much as possible about the side effects of such a procedure.
I’ve always been getting my injections from https://onsitemedspa.com/ professionals, and the results have always been pleasant and long-lasting. But, like any other human, I lack experiments in my life, and I want to try something new. Injecting my own Botox sounds like a cool experience that can also save me some money.

Last edited:
So, OP. Have you tried injecting Botox yourself? And have you tried that homemade Botox? I’m really interested in some firsthand reviews here because Botox injections have become quite expensive in the last couple of years, and the idea to self-administer Botox does not seem that crazy now.
Homemade you mean you buy the vial and apply into yourself or you mean produce the vial itself? Growing molds? That would be quite meta

The instruction videos on botox administration continue to get better:

One slightly more complicated area is the corrugator/frown muscle administration.

Corrugator-supercilii_Watermarked_HR-845x1024.jpg

1) Medial (closer to the nose) attaches on the periosteum (the surface of the bone), so to inject this area of the muscle, the needle must be placed to full depth.

2) The lateral area of the muscle actually connects to the skin surface, therefore injecting this area requires much more shallow/superficial needle depth.

So freezing the frown muscle correctly requires a variation of needle depth across its length to ensure the relevant muscle is targeted and the frontalis (forehead muscle) is avoided.

If the frontalis is frozen at this level, it inhibits ability to move the eyebrows upward, whilst not inhibiting the frown.

Oh okay, nice, my bad!
Although, the name she used on e-mail (presumably her real name) I googled.

She was apparently convicted for multiple thefts of electronic equipment.

Hi if you're reading dear, good correspondence previously.

But as I'm sure you understand, it's always importance to do due diligence on anonymous internet posters, especially during exchange of personal information.

Just emphasizing that for other readers.

I hope your skin-care/aesthetic journey continues to go well and safe (injecting filler still makes me nervous, potential VO etc.).

Last edited:
One thing in relation to this - perhaps other experienced injectors can comment on?

I reconstituted botox two weeks ago and prepared 5x 0.5ml needles.

I used 3 and half them and froze the other one and a half.

So I had used a needle for injection, then froze it with half the contents remaining.

Today I topped up the botox using that half needle I had used before, after defrosting it.

It's typically not recommended to reuse the same needle (the botox with mixed with saline only, not preserved/bac water).

Two weeks, a used needle frozen, then thawed and reused - - the potential for contamination/infection;

Thoughts?

I agree. While no-one sane would consider I.V natural home-made DMT or using street drugs via I.M. even that’s a lot less dangerous if you have micron-filter othan playing around with botulin.