• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

seizures while high?

F

fughbaby

Ok so, normally i can smoke 6 bowls before getting too high to function.
I stopped for about 3 weeks because i moved and was on 3 new medications (zoloft, trazodone, and prazosin). Anyways last night i took 2 hits and i was GONE. so i dont remember much but after about 20 minutes i started shaking uncontrollably and my body would curl up and my limbs would flail while my eyes rolled into the back of my head. It felt really good mentally, but i was in and out of consciousness while having these weird convulsions constantly for the next 2 hours. While i was conscious though i couldn't control my tremors and kept thinking i was in the jungle. I know my weed wasnt laced but this has never happened before. I do twitch, but this experience was tenfold what i normally experience, plus passing out. I was laying down. To put things in perspective, it looked like an actual exorcism - only for me, it felt orgasmic.
I have bad anxiety but didnt feel anxious. I take zoloft as an antidepressant and maybe that made me extra high or something. Or maybe the prazosin lowered my blood pressure and the sudden spike was too much to handle... Im not sure. I also have narcolepsy but i dont think that would affect me smoking...right?
Oh, and im on birth control. Apparently im not supposed to smoke on it, but fuck it.
Im also being monitored for schizophrenia.
I dont know. Does anyone have any answers?
I should probably see a doctor, but I'm only 16.
Maybe i just got really high, but it's also highly likely it's something more serious. My family has a history of seizures and my dad had a brain tumor. Im really freaked.

That doesn't sound like a fun experience to me. Like you said, having convulsions like that can be indicative of a serious medical issue. It's possible that smoking marijuana may have compounded the effects of your antidepressants but it would be hard to say whether that was a causative factor in your seizure.

Both of the antidepressant medications, trazodone and Zoloft increase serotonin levels and combining the two can contribute to serotonin syndrome. This can be a dangerous situation with potentially life threatening complications. Your doctor may have thought in giving you these meds together that the benefit outweighs the risk but he needs to know about this.

Tell me what dose trazodone and Zoloft you are taking. What I recommend for today is don't smoke any weed. Make an appointment to see your doctor first thing tomorrow so you can tell him what happened. He may want to adjust your medications or switch you to something else altogether.