• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Seizure?

Robin_

Greenlighter
Recently I have been taking dihydrocodeine and cocodamol. In general, I don't do a lot of drugs, so my tolerance is most likely very low (apart from weed, which I smoke regularly). The other night I had a *dream* that I woke up in the middle of the night and had a seizure. I was conscious, I remember trying to reach my phone but I couldn't, then I passed out, and woke up in the morning. I assumed it was just a dream at first, but now I can't stop thinking about it, as it felt so real, and certain little things from the dream matched real life (what I was wearing, etc). Is it possible I had a seizure, fell back asleep and was fine afterwards? Has anyone ever experienced that? I continued taking DHC and cocodamol the next day, in fact I increased my dose and I have been perfectly fine since.

I have never had a seizure before, though I do have high blood pressure which I don't take any meds for (not sure if that's at all relevant).

Thanks

Recently I have been taking dihydrocodeine and cocodamol. In general, I don't do a lot of drugs, so my tolerance is most likely very low (apart from weed, which I smoke regularly). The other night I had a *dream* that I woke up in the middle of the night and had a seizure. I was conscious, I remember trying to reach my phone but I couldn't, then I passed out, and woke up in the morning. I assumed it was just a dream at first, but now I can't stop thinking about it, as it felt so real, and certain little things from the dream matched real life (what I was wearing, etc). Is it possible I had a seizure, fell back asleep and was fine afterwards? Has anyone ever experienced that? I continued taking DHC and cocodamol the next day, in fact I increased my dose and I have been perfectly fine since.

I have never had a seizure before, though I do have high blood pressure which I don't take any meds for (not sure if that's at all relevant).

Thanks

What makes you think it was a seizure?

1. That would be a stroke
2.that most likely didn't happen and it was probably a dream
3.you fine so why wory?
4.if you are to worried try to see a doctor or psychiatrist

Many wake up unable to move from the dream state some still dreaming seeing things as if one drank an aya brew with datura/belladona/etc. added. It's like being mentally awake and physically asleep

Sounds like sleep paralysis. We don't generally remember siezures.

There are focal seizures and the likes which people can remember IIRC.

OP - your description is pretty vague, so it's impossible for us to tell if you had a seizure or not. If you think you did have one, though, then that needs to be determined and you should see a doctor.

I have experienced brain zaps after a few days of cocodomol use (100% non-recreational, for the record) which I found odd and unexpected. Those brain zaps have preceded benzo seizures in the past, so it always made me wary.