• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seizure from clonidine withdrawal.. what now

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
So leave it to a fucking blood pressure med to give me my first seizure not the giant amount of alcohol and benzos I’ve consumed and quit.

I went 36 hours without clonidine after a year of 0.1 mg 3x daily.

I tried to go to bed and as soon as I laid down on my side I started to seize. I didn’t even realize it was a seizure till I thought about it.

My body was numb/limp, I lost control of my ability to sit up or move, I was slightly shaking / tremoring, and my brain was like spasming with random chest pains.

If that’s not a seizure than idk wtf it was

Tomorrow I’m gonna try and get the doc to switch me to propanol.

I’m sober now but I can’t help but think I need to get some
Benzos to get off this crap. Having a seizure is pretty scary man fuck

Clonidine needs to be tapered. If a doc can't do you a taper plan look into liquid dosing dissolved pills to gradually decrease dosage each night.

It is known to produce a dangerous rebound.

I'm sorry you went through that.

If you were fully aware of it, then it likely wasn't a seizure. Clonidine withdrawal isn't known to trigger seizures. It can however lead to a hypertensive crisis where blood pressure spikes to a dangerously high level, which can certainly cause the symptoms you describe in some people.

You should contact your doctor right now and inform them that you think you've had a hypertensive episode from Clonidine withdrawal. Clonidine is never meant to be stopped abruptly and should be gradually tapered off.

I seen no reason why someone should be going through Clonidine withdrawal in such a way?

If you were fully aware of it, then it likely wasn't a seizure. Clonidine withdrawal isn't known to trigger seizures. It can however lead to a hypertensive crisis where blood pressure spikes to a dangerously high level, which can certainly cause the symptoms you describe in some people.

You should contact your doctor right now and inform them that you think you've had a hypertensive episode from Clonidine withdrawal. Clonidine is never meant to be stopped abruptly and should be gradually tapered off.

I wasn't fully aware of it to be honest it's almost like I kept forgetting they kept happening but had slight recollection. There hard to describe. I recently just detoxed off tramadol fentanyl and sporadic high doses of benzos about 35 days ago. Could be contributing factor.

Clonidine needs to be tapered. If a doc can't do you a taper plan look into liquid dosing dissolved pills to gradually decrease dosage each night.

It is known to produce a dangerous rebound.

I'm sorry you went through that.

Thank you