• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Seizure and 190 pulse from weed and antidepressants (Ended up in ICU)

zoomx92

Greenlighter
So I tried weed for the first time yesterday, a really small dose since I’m very sensitive in general.
I take Trintellix 5mg and Bupropion 150mg regularly plus some natural supplements (Herb tinctures, pycnogenol.)

My intention with trying weed was NOT to get a high, I was trying to find out if I had some blockings mentaly since I’ve been feeling so bad for so long time and I haven’t felt present for months. I’ve tried A LOT of antidepressants but it hasn’t helped. I’ve also had a lot of panic and anxiety attacks during the years so I’m very familiar with that feeling.
I prepared myself mentally that this could go very wrong and there was gonna be some severe anxiety.

Anyway.
I got high quality green marijuana from a safe source and took only 3 smokes from the joint.
10 minutes later my heart began racing very bad, and I tried to calm down and breathe but there was no way it was possible (I also practise yoga, mindfulness and meditation with alot of breathing control). It got worse and I called 911. When I talked with the paramedics I started to get convultions and severe muscle spasms, it was really hard to get any words out but I managed to say my adress.
My pulse was around 190 ( I had several peaks with over 200 in the ambulance and in the hospital).
It was so difficult to breathe and my arms and legs began to numb.
Those ”attacks” went in waves and was getting worse every time.
The ambulance came and I couldn’t speak cause of all the cramps and shaking. I was constantly losing consciousness and coming back so it was hard to explain what’ve happened but I managed to say antidepressants and weed.

When we got to the hospital, 4 people had to hold me firm to be able to insert all the needles that was needed in my arms. Because of all the shaking.

During all this time (home-ambulance-hospital) I also felt really strong jolts and zaps in my whole body and brain, like I stuck my fingers in a socket or struck by lightning. Really painfull.
At the hospital, I was convinced that they gave me electrical shocks, whitch they never did.

They gave me meds for the cramps and after that it luckily started to calm down. I stayed the night to observe my heart rate. The pulse was 130 for ~4-5 hours.

Today I feel good except that I feel hit by a car, can’t hardly walk cause of pain EVERYWHERE.
If I was to get another ”attack” before they managed stopped it, I’m unsure if I had survived since my heart was about to explode.

I’ve searched the whole web for bad trip-reports but I can’t relate to any of those. It was never a trip, just awful pain, spasms and jumping on and off consciousness.

I did alot of research before this event to make sure it was ”fairly” safe with weed and antidepressants, didn’t see any of this bad reactions.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
What could have happened?
Sorry for type errors or confusing text but I’m a bit fried.
Just wanted to share! Take care you all!:)

Forgot to mention that I’m a really healthy person except the depression. I never drink, smoke or do other drugs. I work out regularly and always eat healthy.

Forgot to mention that I’m a really healthy person except the depression. I never drink, smoke or do other drugs. I work out regularly and always eat healthy.
+1
BB.jpg

@zoomx92 - Hey, welcome to Bluelight :)

The Wellbutrin definitely does not mix well usually with people who have panic attacks. How long had you been on the Wellbutrin (bupropion)?

Weed can do wacky things, too, and anxiety is a very common side effect.

I totally believe that the combination of high resting anxiety, Wellbutrin and a "shock" reaction to weed put you in the hospital.

Feel better!! Be careful and definitely tell your doctor.

@zoomx92 - Hey, welcome to Bluelight :)

The Wellbutrin definitely does not mix well usually with people who have panic attacks. How long had you been on the Wellbutrin (bupropion)?

Weed can do wacky things, too, and anxiety is a very common side effect.

I totally believe that the combination of high resting anxiety, Wellbutrin and a "shock" reaction to weed put you in the hospital.

Feel better!! Be careful and definitely tell your doctor.
Hey! Thanks for the reply!:) I’ve been on Wellbutrin for ~2 months this time. But I’ve also had it for a 1+ year time earlier in my life.

Have to mention that I’ve met soo many shapes of anxiety before.

The thing is that I really don’t fear anxiety, and I was expecting a big reaction but the expectation was nowhere near to what actually happened.
Couldn’t feel actual anxiety during all this time, it was something else.
It wasn’t anything similar to panic attacks either, it was just awful pain, jolts, severe spasms etc etc.

At least it could be a warning to people who’s thinking of trying the same combo?
I’m glad I’m still alive haha.

Take care!

So I tried weed for the first time yesterday, a really small dose since I’m very sensitive in general.
I take Trintellix 5mg and Bupropion 150mg regularly plus some natural supplements (Herb tinctures, pycnogenol.)

My intention with trying weed was NOT to get a high, I was trying to find out if I had some blockings mentaly since I’ve been feeling so bad for so long time and I haven’t felt present for months. I’ve tried A LOT of antidepressants but it hasn’t helped. I’ve also had a lot of panic and anxiety attacks during the years so I’m very familiar with that feeling.
I prepared myself mentally that this could go very wrong and there was gonna be some severe anxiety.

Anyway.
I got high quality green marijuana from a safe source and took only 3 smokes from the joint.
10 minutes later my heart began racing very bad, and I tried to calm down and breathe but there was no way it was possible (I also practise yoga, mindfulness and meditation with alot of breathing control). It got worse and I called 911. When I talked with the paramedics I started to get convultions and severe muscle spasms, it was really hard to get any words out but I managed to say my adress.
My pulse was around 190 ( I had several peaks with over 200 in the ambulance and in the hospital).
It was so difficult to breathe and my arms and legs began to numb.
Those ”attacks” went in waves and was getting worse every time.
The ambulance came and I couldn’t speak cause of all the cramps and shaking. I was constantly losing consciousness and coming back so it was hard to explain what’ve happened but I managed to say antidepressants and weed.

When we got to the hospital, 4 people had to hold me firm to be able to insert all the needles that was needed in my arms. Because of all the shaking.

During all this time (home-ambulance-hospital) I also felt really strong jolts and zaps in my whole body and brain, like I stuck my fingers in a socket or struck by lightning. Really painfull.
At the hospital, I was convinced that they gave me electrical shocks, whitch they never did.

They gave me meds for the cramps and after that it luckily started to calm down. I stayed the night to observe my heart rate. The pulse was 130 for ~4-5 hours.

Today I feel good except that I feel hit by a car, can’t hardly walk cause of pain EVERYWHERE.
If I was to get another ”attack” before they managed stopped it, I’m unsure if I had survived since my heart was about to explode.

I’ve searched the whole web for bad trip-reports but I can’t relate to any of those. It was never a trip, just awful pain, spasms and jumping on and off consciousness.

I did alot of research before this event to make sure it was ”fairly” safe with weed and antidepressants, didn’t see any of this bad reactions.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
What could have happened?
Sorry for type errors or confusing text but I’m a bit fried.
Just wanted to share! Take care you all!:)
They should of gave you some Ativan most definitely that's crazy if they didnt

They should of gave you some Ativan most definitely that's crazy if they didnt
Yes sir they did?5mg. They gave me something else aswell but I don’t know what it was. Think it was something for the pain.
I still remember that terrible taste in my mouth, even though they gave it IV?Don’t know if that’s normal haha

i used to get this from weed aswell.
Shaking uncontrollably, tachycardia.

not completely sure why as i was never on any other meds, weed does increase heartrate though alot of the time.

i used to get this from weed aswell.
Shaking uncontrollably, tachycardia.

not completely sure why as i was never on any other meds, weed does increase heartrate though alot of the time.
Ahh it’s not a pleasant experience:// I will never ever do it again, my body wouldn’t make it.
Hope you’re staying away from it aswell