• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Seizure after MDMA

zed93

Greenlighter
*I* took around 0.2 - 0.25mg of pure crystal MDMA. He had an incredible time, but the next day, he suddenly felt faint, and passed out for around 4-5 seconds. During this period his friend said he was shaking, with his eyes open, having somewhat of a seizure. He's never had a seizure before. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen this before but your friend should have gone to the hospital and needs to go if this happens again! He could have an underlying epileptic condition that may be serious!

Hi Zed, we don't use self-incrimination techniques on this forum. They don't provide legal cover and are plain irritating to read.

Regarding your question, MDMA could induce a seizure in someone who is succeptible to them. However, I would expect this happen during the MDMA, not the next day. Nevertheless, it doesn't sound farfetched. I'd recommend getting it checked out, seizures are common in a lot of people.

A friend of mine had a seizure the day after rolling and once three days after and once during a mushroom trip.

He has never had a seizure before and now only rolls once a year or so and hasn't had a seizure since. No idea what caused it

He'd rather avoid going to the hospital if possible as he doesn't want to say he did MDMA. He basically had just woken up, hadn't drunk much water the night before, hadn't eaten anything, and after smoking a cigarette fainting, and shook for about 3 seconds on the floor. Do you reckon he had a seizure, or just fainted?

He'd rather avoid going to the hospital if possible as he doesn't want to say he did MDMA. He basically had just woken up, hadn't drunk much water the night before, hadn't eaten anything, and after smoking a cigarette fainting, and shook for about 3 seconds on the floor. Do you reckon he had a seizure, or just fainted?

We can't tell you what happened, we're not qualified doctors. If you want to find out, you're going to have to just man up and tell the doctors what happened.

Do u do MDMA alot . cuz if not 0.2 Is 200mg not 25 mg. An 200 is a big dose for someone that don't roll often. U should take vitamins b4 u roll an always stay hydrated

200mg is a "typical" dose for someone who has done MDMA a few times, it's a tiiny bit high for someone who's never taken it before, but even so, most people probably take around that amount their first time. It does seem really strange that this happened :/

Unless you have literally no health care coverage and 100% can't afford to go, I really recommend going and getting tested for a seizure disorder. Or at the very least: Bring it up to your doctor next time you see him/her. Unless it just happened that day or the day before, it would be better to see your family doc than the ER doc. It's always best to be honest, they can't do anything to you legally. Even if you just tell him/her what happened without releasing the MDMA details, they may discover an underlying condition. Until then, if you do decide to roll again (not a great idea, but if you do), do so at home with a trusted friend, and have a friend around the entire next day to watch you. If it happens again the night of or the day after, head straight for the ER so they can do their tests while the effects on your brain are still present.

Be careful about overheating, as that is often what causes seizures when people are on M. If you were out raving the night before, that would be my best guess as to the cause of the seizure. If that's the case, save your rolling nights for house parties or at home, where you won't be dancing like crazy. Your body has a hard time regulating your body temperature on M and it is made much worse when you're dancing. Some people are completely fine with dancing all night while high, but some bodies can't handle it as well.

And no, it was definitely not fainting. Your eyes would never be open and you would never be shaking!

Just a bump to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this. It's been 2 months, and have not had any problems since, but I'm cautious about rolling again. I never went to see the doctor as my family (being doctors) are well known to a lot of the doctors in the hospital, I'm aware of doctor patient confidentiality, but I'd still rather avoid it.