• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seeking Resources on Metabolite Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

XoTillWeOverdose

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. I know we aren't allowed to ask questions about drug tests, but am I allowed to ask about where I can find resources on how long it takes metabolites to form in one's urine? I am not asking for you to answer my question about metabolites, I am only asking what sources I can look into. I've tried searching all over the internet and am getting conflicting/unclear answers. I am genuinely not trying to break the rules here so if this post isn't allowed either, I understand. It would just be great to find genuine resources to help me out because I'm pretty concerned here. Thanks so much for reading and I truly apologize if I still broke rules as I am not trying to, I promise. I fully understand if this post has to be locked, please accept my advanced apologies if this isn't allowed either. Appreciate your help & your time.

Discussing metabolites is not against the rules... but such a question is also impossible to answer with any amount of certainty... which bleeds into one of the reasons drug testing questions aren't allowed.

But shoot your shot :) nobody is going to ban you

But if it ends in "how long until I test negative" it is a fruitless question. Google.

Discussing metabolites is not against the rules... but such a question is also impossible to answer with any amount of certainty... which bleeds into one of the reasons drug testing questions aren't allowed.

But shoot your shot :) nobody is going to ban you

But if it ends in "how long until I test negative" it is a fruitless question. Google.
Oh okay, cool - thank-you! Yeah, that makes total sense. I'm a chronic pain patient and need to have pain medication metabolites in my system to pass. I've saved some of my medication, but I'm pretty worried about it still which is why I'm here seeking resources.

Appreciate the response :) I hope I posted this on the right forum here, I'm still relatively new to the site (I made my account a while ago but rarely come here these days) so I just didn't want to come off like I was trying to skirt around the rules haha

Not much info here to work with ( name of med, how many mgs, etc ) but a good rule of thumb is that MOST opioid painkillers ( codeine, hydrocodone,, oxycodone ) leave metabolites in your urine for up to 4 days. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.

IF you are saving a pill or two to be able to have it show up in your urine for a UA the best thing to do is to take it the night before your test. It will show up in your UA.

I am going to assume that you use more than you are prescribed and run out. No judgment.....many people do. Which means that come refill and UA time you arent showing them in your urine which could indicate that either you aren't taking them ( diverting ) or abusing them. Either way the Dr. ain't happy.

If you just use more than scripted you will have to save a pill or two ( and take it the night before or no later than 2 nights before ) your UA. If you are diverting them well......save 2 back and do the same. The only real way to answer your question is that MOST opioids taken orally that are popular scripts will leave metabolites for up to 72 to 96 hours on average. Hope this helps and good luck. And like snafu said this is a grey area and real close to a UA question but it's all good.

A quick google search showed me that each painkiller has metabolites present in urine for such and such a time. Just enter your painkiller and it should help. Many factors to consider in how long they are present. Age, weight, how long taking it, and general health. So it's all subjective. And yeah, I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.