seeking old school groovers views on the exploitation of a scene that used to be true

Venusmoon, I understand where your first post was coming from, but I sincerly don't think it's as bad as you made it to seem. And if were you, I would of responded like:
The name of this thread is "seeking old school groovers views on the exploitation of a scene that used to be true", not "please come in an object to my view", assholes.
But all and all, I'm one of those people who will not complain about things I don't try to change.

Sure it's been played out, exploited, disrespected, and been taken advantage of by people who have no business involved with it in the first place so it's made things rougher on us all but what can ya do?
I may feel it was better a few years ago, but kids now are still having the same amount of fun and 5 years from now they'll probably feel the same way about it the same way we do now.
The scene changes as we change so it grows thattaway.
peace n' repect
------------------
Brock
"My reality check bounced."
[This message has been edited by Brock (edited 12 December 1999).]

Wow! No need for hastiness there people! I'm not saying that I agree with the way that Venus worded his 'complaint', just that I think that some people, no names need mentioned, need to relax and not take so much offense from this. To VM the scene is changing, dying, whatever. But all you gotta really explain is that although the scene is in fact changing, it changes just like we change and everything around us changes. The scene is not dying at all, it's just simply changing, not for the better nor for the worse. We sometimes gotta change with it. The rave scene revolves around having a good time, feeling the vibe and most especially PLUR! What's the point of preaching PLUR if you're gonna give stereotypes to some rave-goers like 'Gino's and gina's', or complain about the 'asian problem'? I'm not saying that that's what VM implied, but that's what I hear very often, and I think that old-school ravers who feel like their scene has been taken over by the newbies should just relax and just realize that ravers all have one same interest....to party!

Wow! No need for hastiness there people! I'm not saying that I agree with the way that Venus worded his 'complaint', just that I think that some people, no names need mentioned, need to relax and not take so much offense from this. To VM the scene is changing, dying, whatever. But all you gotta really explain is that although the scene is in fact changing, it changes just like we change and everything around us changes. The scene is not dying at all, it's just simply changing, not for the better nor for the worse. We sometimes gotta change with it. The rave scene revolves around having a good time, feeling the vibe and most especially PLUR! What's the point of preaching PLUR if you're gonna give stereotypes to some rave-goers like 'Gino's and gina's', or complain about the 'asian problem'? I'm not saying that that's what VM implied, but that's what I hear very often, and I think that old-school ravers who feel like their scene has been taken over by the newbies should just relax and just realize that ravers all have one same interest....to party!

way to put it down, stepper69.
wink.gif

you are awesome!!!
i used to feel the same way venus did. but then eventually i realized there was NO point in my feelings! why let others bring you down? everyone is there to PARTY....weather they are there for the music, or the drugs, or the vibe, or whatever....they all are there to PARTY.
like brock said, what can ya do?
best not to stress about it (because your bitching isn't going to make those people go away)
my advice (and the advice i gave myself as well) is...
be choosey about what parties you pick! there STILL are morematureundergroundlikeparties out there!
most likely the people you are talking about WON'T know about those...
wink.gif

------------------
<3 jen

Wow, it's so great to hear so much positivity from so many people! VM, I understand where you're coming from; even though I'm a newbie, just talking to people about the old days makes me nostalgic for what I never had. I'm aware of how mainstream it's become, but you have to realize, it's just evolving! Your frustration is part of that. Because people want to change this current trend, they're going to work harder at throwing smaller, more underground parties. I love this scene too much to believe that its going to get totally "exploited" and ruined. Maybe it will be ruined for some, but there are too many others out there who believe in PLUR and keeping it alive to let that happen, as you can see just by these posts. VM, don't let it get ruined FOR you! Use your frustration for positive change!
PLUR
smile.gif