• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Seeking Benzedrex users to share their experience with the drug

or2136

Greenlighter
My name is Olivia, and I am a graduate student journalist at NYU. I am researching and writing a story on Benzedrex abuse for my investigative reporting class and am looking for people willing to share their experience -- positive or negative -- with the drug. Ideally, participants would be willing to share their names, but I'm also happy to have off-the-record conversations. The goal is to get an understanding of the drug, its impact, and its place in the OTC market. The deadline for the assignment is December 18. As of right now, it's just a class assignment, but I'm hoping to get it published if the final product is solid. I'll provide any updates if that happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I can be reached via direct messages on Bluelight or email at [email protected].

UPDATE 1/19/24: I submitted my class project but want to continue reporting on this, so I'm no longer working on the December 18 deadline... Please feel free to keep sharing experiences :geek:

Last edited:
Benzedrex helped me stop smoking crack every day a few years ago, and I haven't gone back.

wow this was not on my radar.. it does not seem to
be very healthy.. i also noticed that people were most commonly ordering 12 inhalers from the Wallmart website i ordered three tubes from to check it out 🤫

Last edited:
wow this was not on my radar.. it does not seem to
be very healthy.. i also noticed that people were most commonly ordering 12 inhalers from the Wallmart website i ordered three tubes from to check it out 🤫

woah interesting, just went to Walmart's website and saw the same thing -- ty for pointing that out! Please be safe :):)

@or2136
Here is relevant info around what @Rectify is talking about

"Long term (two plus years) trial of the use of Dextroamphetamine as a treatment and eventual replacement for cocaine addiction.

My opinion is that prolonged treatment with reasonable therapeutic oral doses of dextroamphetamine would have significant benefits for cocaine addicts including voluntary reduced use, voluntary gradually increasing intervals in-between use leading to possible complete voluntary abstinence from cocaine. Significant increases in stability, control over and quality of life for people suffering from Cocaine use Disorder. But it takes a little time. I believe this will enjoy significant success with many different types of addicts and ROA's.

D-amphetamine maintenance therapy reduces cocaine use in female rats

Currently, there are no approved medications to treat cocaine addiction. In this context, d-amphetamine maintenance therapy is a promising pharmacological strategy to reduce cocaine use. In both male rats and human cocaine users, d-amphetamine treatment reduces cocaine taking and seeking...
www.biorxiv.org

The acute dosing of amphetamine has been associated with priming effects for rats previously trained to self-administer cocaine. Acute administration of dextroamphetamine into the basolateral amygdala, in combination with conditioned cue presentation, to rats trained to self-administer cocaine has been shown to potentiate reinstatement of cocaine-seeking behavior.[11] Amphetamine infusion in the absence of conditioned cues failed to reinstate the extinguished response. The facilitation of conditioned-cue reinstatement produced by amphetamine was apparent only during the initial half hour of the test session. These results suggest that while acute administration of amphetamine may potentiate cocaine reinforcement, more chronic exposure to amphetamine does not.

Animal laboratory studies have demonstrated that sustained dextroamphetamine administration can attenuate the reinforcing effects of cocaine. Dextroamphetamine has been shown to produce dose-dependent reductions in cocaine self-administration in rats.[12] In monkeys, oral dextroamphetamine pretreatment decreased responding for a sweetened cocaine fluid.[13] Dextroamphetamine administered by slow intravenous infusion has been shown to decrease cocaine self-administration in rhesus monkeys in a dose-dependent manner, possibly by attenuating the reinforcing effects of cocaine.[14, 15] Further work with monkeys has suggested that continued treatment with dextroamphetamine may be necessary to produce a sustained reduction in the reinforcing effects of cocaine.[16] These preclinical data suggest that amphetamine administration must be of a sufficient dose and duration to affect cocaine reinforcement.

Human laboratory experiments have evaluated the effects of stimulant administration on models of cocaine self-administration. Initial studies investigated the possibility that stimulant treatment of cocaine-dependent patients would worsen cocaine craving and use. In a combination clinical trial and human lab study, Grabowski et al.[17] found that methylphenidate did not “prime” patients to use cocaine. Methylphenidate has been shown to be safe and not associated with increased cocaine craving or stimulant–related euphoria in the human lab.[18] Dextroamphetamine has been shown to be safe and well tolerated when co-administered with cocaine, and attenuates some of the subjective effects of cocaine.[19] Dextroamphetamine has also been shown to alter cocaine self-administration, most likely by altering the reinforcing effects of cocaine.[20] These human laboratory experiments support to potential utility of stimulant treatment of cocaine dependence.

Psychostimulant Treatment of Cocaine Dependence

Cocaine dependence continues to be a significant public health problem and no clearly effective pharmacotherapy has yet been identified. Substitution pharmacotherapy is an effective approach for treating opioid and nicotine dependence, and accumulating ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

dexamfetamine

Sustained-release dexamfetamine in the treatment of chronic cocaine-dependent patients on heroin-assisted treatment: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial - PubMed

Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

-I already know this works and have seen it work on both Base and IV addicts.

-Combined with a patient outpatient, instead of an intensive outpatient, during which an addict receives counseling, life coaching and assistance in obtaining self set, self achieved goals, the over all positive out comes have the potential to be life changing. A transformation while they willingly and naturally transition from the hell of cocaine addiction to dextroamptherapy and work together a new life.

Someone needs to give this a deeper look and get ball rolling already."

nsa

neversickanymore,

Break open the inhaler. You will find a piece of cotton. Do not swallow the cotton. Your body cannot digest cotton. Put the cotton in your mouth and suck on it with a Gatorade or other sweet drink. Keep doing that for a minute or 2. Lavender oil tastes horrible. Then spit out the cotton.

Last edited:
1-cyclohexyl-2-methylaminopropane.png

BENZEDREX
1-cyclohexyl-2-methylaminopropane

^--Ring hydrogenated methamphetamine.

1-phenyl-2-methylaminopropane.png

METHAMPHETAMINE
1-phenyl-2-methylaminopropane

Last edited:
So inhalers arrived and followed @Rectify instructions. Placed .33 of the cotton on tong and then in a following dose like a nicotine pouch aka “a dip.” Effects were mild and certainly seemed to be mostly adrenal.

As Rectify points out the organic oils are wretched. Personal conclusion: very little chance for personal abuse.

This is the only drug I’ve played with but never tried. And come to think of it the only drug my now ex wife had done that I hadn’t.

I extracted it to a pure powder then she tried 125mg. It’s fairly easy to purify to the point one could IV, but never should for reasons unique to the substance itself. But her experience was essentially 3-4hrs of euphoric stimulation that then became edgy for another 3-4hrs. We tried it to see if it could help her study (grad school lol) but was too euphoric and simultaneously the comedown too intense for that.

-GC

The come-up is nice, compares favorably to (m)amp. The comedown is not so nice and the high feels “dirty” but it’s still fun every now and then, or if you’ve never had it before and desire a recreational experience with a stimulant drug. No real ability to redose, though (or at least I sure as hell wouldn’t) so that limits its abuse potential I think.

The recreational and/or abuse potential of propylhex has been known about for a long time, yet it’s still a legal otc drug that you can get basically anywhere. That speaks volumes regarding the potential cost of overdoing it with this drug imo

I had a fun period with it about ten years back. I did the thing you weren't supposed to do lol, I ate the cotton many times - DON'T. I'M LUCKY. - but I always cut it into smaller pieces. Still a terrible idea, don't do it, can cause intestinal blockages very easily, but my effects were always intense, extremely stimulating and euphoric and with these pleasure waves that reverberated through the body like the best MDMA. Tastes wretched, like if rot gut gin had the effects of what HST called "King Hell Speed."

All in all, can't say I'd do it now but that's me and a lot of things... one thing I will say, I wouldn't advise mixing with dissociatives. Benzedrex, malt liquor and PCP landed me in the ER with vomiting, trouble breathing, palpitations, Armageddon headache and a 180bpm pulse.

Not trying to scare you away, just reiterating the HR perspective... stay safe. 🙂

saw this when i was looking into OD levels of this chemical.

Last edited:
Benzedrex is my favorite or as I call, "sister lavender". Never mainlined and never planned as it can be very dangerous. Take it orally or inhaling more than recommended. Usually after buying an inhaler, take a few hits then crack open and look at the cotton rod. They're supposed to be 250mgs each but that's bullshit. Some have a small yellow spot in the middle of the white cotton rod whereas others are dark brown all over the middle part. Used so much that I knew which ones were the strongest by remembering the expiration dates on them, which batch they came from (like the ones that expired in April of years later were better than the ones that expired in September that same year).
Been using recreationally since 2016. It's the only thing that helped my high functioning depression. I often go around introducing people where my drug use started, "had trouble in school as a kid, doctor wanted on meds, parents were against it, so I just made my own instead". I'll never quit sister lavender for good unless a doctor prescribes me some dexies or whatever. Anyways, my typical experience goes like this, typical dose I take is a fourth-half cotton rod after cutting the dark brown piece away from the white ends. Lets say my typical recreational dose, approximately 125mgs, ingested orally, swallowing the cotton. I've combined Benzedrex with other substances (Sudafed, caffeine, ephedra, alcohol, Ativan...) if using recreationally and not for being creative like one of my main hobbies, writing sort stories. I could go on forever about my surreal experience in Seattle back in 2021 when strung out on a cocktail of NoDoz, pseudo-speed, ephedra, Ativan and out drinking all night at the bar but I'll save that for another time.
So after ingesting, typically with a cup of coffee, start noticing effects around twenty minutes. Physical symptoms include increased heartrate, chills/rush (in a good, euphoric way like MDMA) throughout the body/tingling, increased libido, increased urine output, dehydration, dilated pupils, increased body temp, increased energy. Psychological symptoms include increased attention/focus (everything becomes more interesting), euphoria, increased confidence (sometimes to an extreme level but think it intensifies my personality), vision slightly altered (lights seem brighter, room more colorful), increased empathy, feeling connected to others, general wellbeing. Appreciation for music is one thing that I love about prop, listen to a lot of different music already but I'll be listening for hours and try all kinds of obscure stuff, discovered new genres and musicians. Often listen to anything fast or uptempo like hyperpop to brutal death metal. Think being high on prop, discovered my talent for writing as well. Focus on goals, start new hobbies and find ones I really enjoy. Last time using, found talking to my family more enjoyable, still haven't forgiven completely for everything, have a past with but conversations I'd normally find boring and stupid, found myself engaged in and didn't have any feeling of resentment towards.
OK, I only listed the positive symptoms but there are some negative symptoms like in an acute overdose (never been hospitalized, very minor case of taking too much) or crashing after a long binge: anxiety, paranoia, fast heart rate/heart skips beat/uneven heartbeat, restlessness, teeth grinding. Maybe not common but I'm a heavy drinker and get an intense craving for any for of alcohol, will want to drink a lot when taking, offsets the depressant effect of alcohol.
Effects usually last for a while for me, peak about 90 minutes after ingesting. It's a very speedy feel throughout the first six hours or so than next few more is a more peaceful, body high and tingling like ecstasy. After coming down, sleep well and don't notice the crash until the morning, feeling a little depressed, fatigued, mild paranoia like last time I used. Doesn't really feel like the drug is addictive, want to redose but if I stop, craving goes away after a few days and don't think about using until weeks or months later.
Propylhexedrine is a criminally underrated drug. Know different drugs affect people differently. For example, David Bowie experimented with heroin and didn't like it, discovered cocaine and liked it too much that he went into full-blown psychosis in the mid '70s. There were times that I was up for like 4-5 days and high on prop which led to paranoia, hallucinations (although knew they weren't real), weird feeling of connection to the supernatural from a terrifying experience investigating the Luxor hotel in Vegas to a calm, surreal yet eerie feeling while walking past an old school in a small town I used to live by.

Don’t IV this shit. Better yet don’t fucking use this bullshit ass drug please.

Trust me. I used it and granted chronically and now I have significant health issues. And I didn’t even iv it…this shit is very dangerous IV. Do NOT IV.

Probably wouldn't be harm reduction to post that process, I suppose.

Yea I learned that one that hard way… I did post it a long time ago on a different forum. Actually was one of my most famous posts on that forum. Subsequently people who probably wouldn’t have injected it, started doing so. I then realized there’s a limit on knowledge people should have in this game, not all knowledge will be used properly to keep people safe. I also didn’t know just how bad this shit was for you back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if people have died because of me and that process which was subsequently reposted in many other locations.

-GC

Yea I learned that one that hard way… I did post it a long time ago on a different forum. Actually was one of my most famous posts on that forum. Subsequently people who probably wouldn’t have injected it, started doing so. I then realized there’s a limit on knowledge people should have in this game, not all knowledge will be used properly to keep people safe. I also didn’t know just how bad this shit was for you back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if people have died because of me and that process which was subsequently reposted in many other locations.

-GC
Don’t blame yourself man…trust me there’s plenty of blame to go around.

I just took apart a Benzedrex inhaler bullet and made my own formulation as follows: I took one cotton ball and saturated it with synthetic Jasmine oil, grape oil fragrance, peppermint oil, and CK One. Then I stretched our the cotton which made it longer and with room to let air flow around it. Then I put the inhaler back together. Viola. I can now enjoy menthone without smoking a Newport!