• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seeking Advice: Home Heroin Detox

Bookman11

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone... New guy here. Wanted to say Hi, and also, I'm not sure how to get a question out there aside from here... I tried to "Start Conversation" where the envelope is up on the right, next to my new username.. I wrote this big thing about what I was tryin to ask, and it wouldn't work without the recipients spot filled in, of which I didn't have one... Anyway, I gotta start a home heroin detox tomorrow night.. I got some supplies; some suboxone, gabapentin, clonidine, vistaril, etc.. Gotta get some OTC stuff tomorrow... But my main question was, "How long should I wait before I take a little suboxone so it won't throw me into a FULL-BLOWN heart attack??" I don't wanna get hooked on suboxone in the process either, ya know?? I do need more advice and help than just this question but, I don't know how long it will take to get an answer and I need to know this first, I think.. I'm brand new to forums and threads and talking like this at all, and really not that good at ANYTHING on a computer either so any help on this or most importantly I guess just getting my question out there would be a life saver!! Thank you very much in advance...

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight Bookman11 - You'll get better replies in Basic Drug Discussion, so i'll pop you over there.

Good luck!

NMI --> BDD

Thank You VERY Much madness00!!!!! I'm from New England Too.. Not sure if you are, just saw that word under your name...

Hi Everyone... New guy here. Wanted to say Hi, and also, I'm not sure how to get a question out there aside from here... I tried to "Start Conversation" where the envelope is up on the right, next to my new username.. I wrote this big thing about what I was tryin to ask, and it wouldn't work without the recipients spot filled in, of which I didn't have one... Anyway, I gotta start a home heroin detox tomorrow night.. I got some supplies; some suboxone, gabapentin, clonidine, vistaril, etc.. Gotta get some OTC stuff tomorrow... But my main question was, "How long should I wait before I take a little suboxone so it won't throw me into a FULL-BLOWN heart attack??" I don't wanna get hooked on suboxone in the process either, ya know?? I do need more advice and help than just this question but, I don't know how long it will take to get an answer and I need to know this first, I think.. I'm brand new to forums and threads and talking like this at all, and really not that good at ANYTHING on a computer either so any help on this or most importantly I guess just getting my question out there would be a life saver!! Thank you very much in advance...
Hello and welcome! You came to the right place for advice. Bluelight is my go-to for any drug questions..

So you have the right supplies to get off of dope. You will want to wait for just a little bit of time, not long..but a little bit of withdrawal may be inevitable..but thats okay because you aren't going to die. Let me explain a little bit about suboxone.

I have used it for a long time, about 2 years. I no longer take it but I take kratom instead. These are both miracle drugs for opioid users and without them I don't know if I ever would have gotten clean until I went to jail and prison.

Suboxone is very long lasting, 20-70 hour halflife..average about 40 hours. So once you take a dose you will be good for at least a couple of days. I dont know how much you have, but if you have a good supply of it, you will want to take 16mg after at least 6 hours from your last dose of heroin..now of course, the longer you can wait to take the suboxone, the less likely you will have any precipated, but short-lived withdrawals. If you do get withdrawals, they will not last long as the suboxone will take hold very quickly. There was very often times where suboxone alone could make me violently sick for an entire day. Suboxone is extremely powerful..milligram per milligram it is much stronger than heroin. Difference being, heroin you can continue to take more to get a stronger effect, and suboxone tops out at about 16mg where taking any more than that will make no difference in its effects. Any more questions feel free to ask, and checkmark the box below to send you notifications when you get replies.

WHAT?!?!?! We've got some fellow New Englanders in the house huh? I'm from Lowell, MA myself. Perhaps you've driven down to buy Heroin and/or Crack Cocaine at some point from one of our lovely itinerant Cambodian street gangs? You can get wicked jammed and take a tour of our prestigious Textile Mills or perhaps meet our Mayor, who is actually just 3 children stacked up wearing a trenchcoat. Lotta history in this town.

You can feel free to just keep responding in this thread, but we can also plan your detox privately. Whatever you wish man. At this point, I'm guessing that your head is spinning a little bit, so I'm going to refrain from laying everything out at once. You're going to have to fill me in on some of the details of your usage through for me to really serve you most effectively. All the details man.

How much are you using, for how long, is it Fentanyl or Heroin/Morphine, what are your worst withdrawal symptoms, have you done this before? Any and all information will help.

For starters, let's get through the first day. At this stage I would recommend going easy on the medications. Gabapentin (Neurontin) is going to be your best friend, but Gabapentinoids are well-known for how quickly tolerance can develop, so we will wait on those. Take some Clonidine (Catapres) to help you sleep and we will do our best to get you to the first stage: sickness -> Buprenorphine. I really like to play it safe regarding the precipitated withdrawal. Wait until you are in fairly severe withdrawal. Once you are there, we will start administering small amounts of Buprenorphine.

Any questions? Let's just go step by step.

chicken hoagie... Thank u soo much for ur reply.. It's taken ALOT of my anxiety about this away, or at least got it under control, ya know??? I mean, I've been thru it before as it sounds like u have before also.. Cumin off methadone it jail is no joke, for instance.. don't know how we make it thru summa the things we do, only to pick up again later in life when we start to feel good again.. I can only speak for myself , but it sounds like you've been thru summa the stuff I've been thru.. Sounds and looks like your doin quite well tho now... I couldn't find the box to check to lemme know bout responses to my posts tho.. And also, 6 hours seems like nuthin, are u sure thats all I gotta wait b4 takin suboxone?? doesn't seem long enuff although it DOES sound VERY doable!!! I thought I had to wait MUCH longer than that with a pretty serious heroin habit, ya know?? Anyways, this site tells me to follow people to be able to start a thread or chat or whatever its called.. How do I know who to follow?? Anyone I talk to?? Like u for example?? And, do u only follow peeps u talk to?? And can peeps tell when u are followin them?? Will they get offended? Like a female, for example, will they think I'm hittin on them, ya know??? Sorry to kill u with questions, u don't hafta answer all this. I just don't have any connections, but thank u for bein there, I really appreciate it man... I been real nervous about this...

Keif' Richards... I like that.. thank u for gettin back 2 me man.. I'm from Providence brother... I'm gonna write back to u in a few, jus tryin to help my mom w/ somethin... Soon as I can, I'll give u some details, thank u sooo "F"in much tho, jus wanted to say that till I can say more....

chicken hoagie... Thank u soo much for ur reply.. It's taken ALOT of my anxiety about this away, or at least got it under control, ya know??? I mean, I've been thru it before as it sounds like u have before also.. Cumin off methadone it jail is no joke, for instance.. don't know how we make it thru summa the things we do, only to pick up again later in life when we start to feel good again.. I can only speak for myself , but it sounds like you've been thru summa the stuff I've been thru.. Sounds and looks like your doin quite well tho now... I couldn't find the box to check to lemme know bout responses to my posts tho.. And also, 6 hours seems like nuthin, are u sure thats all I gotta wait b4 takin suboxone?? doesn't seem long enuff although it DOES sound VERY doable!!! I thought I had to wait MUCH longer than that with a pretty serious heroin habit, ya know?? Anyways, this site tells me to follow people to be able to start a thread or chat or whatever its called.. How do I know who to follow?? Anyone I talk to?? Like u for example?? And, do u only follow peeps u talk to?? And can peeps tell when u are followin them?? Will they get offended? Like a female, for example, will they think I'm hittin on them, ya know??? Sorry to kill u with questions, u don't hafta answer all this. I just don't have any connections, but thank u for bein there, I really appreciate it man... I been real nervous about this...
Its understandable to be nervous. Like you said, I've been through all of this as well, and it is never easy. The one good thing about opiate withdrawals though, is that it is typically not deadly and can almost always be dealt with without any lethal complications(this is usually unless you are seizure-prone). You are more than welcome to follow me, probably by clicking on my name and going through the options. Kief Richards is a smart guy too and I would most definitely recommend following up with him as well. As far as getting updates on this thread, the option is usually towards the bottom when you are first posting it. Although there is an alarm tab at the top to give you notifications also. Don't be afraid to follow anyone on here..the option is there for good reasons.

As far as taking the suboxone, it all comes down to how bad your habit with opioids is, when the last time you have used was, and listening to your body to look for any beginning signs or symptoms of withdrawal. I say 6 hours because this is typically how long it takes for short acting opioids like heroin to start exiting the brain and preparing to leave the body. This is not always the exact case as every individual has a different metabolism. To ensure that you aren't thrown violently into a puking contest, I would personally wait 12 hours, or until symptoms become untolerable. Obviously the longer you can hold out the better..if you can make it until the next day, this will ensure that you do not receive any withdrawal symptoms with suboxone..Kief may have a different take..but when it comes down to it, the withdrawals may be unavoidable with suboxone. The good thing is, they won't last long. If you took the suboxone right after a dose of heroin, you would more than likely get very sick and be throwing up the rest of the day..but it would be over by tomorrow. If you want to avoid this, your body will let you know when it is craving another dose of heroin or whatever your opiate of choice is..once you get this craving, waiting it out long enough until you can't anymore will ensure that the suboxone takes hold and works as soon as it kicks in.

Hi, and welcome.

So are you planning a short sub taper? I would highly recommend that. a 5 day taper is usually pretty effective. There's different protocol fore that depending on where you look, but usually it's something like day 1: 8mg, day 2: 6-8mg, day 3: 4-6mg, day4: 2-4mg, day 5: 1-2mg, then none. you won't get addicted to the sub with a decreasing ratio like that in your system. but definitely wait to start the sub until your feeling pretty shitty, precipitated withdrawals are horrific.

The gabapentin will help so much, as said before. i don't know how much you have but i used doses between 800mg and 3200mg(if it's really kicking your ass) start low tho. and wait til you feel like crap so you dont run your tolerance up.

i would like to give you some more ideas, but i've actually gotta run. i'll try to get back here tonight, but if i dont, best of luck, you CAN do it. pls keep us posted as to your progress

suboxone can be tricky, and even doctors who deal with suboxone administration dont always agree on when the best time to give suboxone is. Some doctors will give you suboxone right away. Some will hold out until they find you shaking or puking. Sometimes you can take suboxone just a couple hours after using dope and not get sick. Sometimes you will get sick. I've gotten sick from being inconsistent with my suboxone doses when suboxone was all I was taking. It is so hard to say whether or not it will make you sick from the first time using it..but this is why it is best to wait until you feel like shit to take it, because more often than not, you will get sick if you don't wait for some of the dope to leave your system first. What was your habit like? Are you shooting up heroin? How long have you been using and what frequency?

You guys are right man, there is no magic bullet way to do this... I' haven't been shooting at all.. I used to, not in a few years, lately I've been snorting, thank God cuz I can get just as addicted to the process, ya know?? But, its hard to say exactly how much I've been doin cuz of the quality changing... I'd say probably about 1/2 gram a day, somewhere around there, maybe a little more. And for the most part it was probably Fentanyl... but for the past couple weeks I'm pretty sure it's been heroin.. My memory is pretty shitty but I would say this time around it's been 3 or 4 months at least.. Thank you guys so much for helpin me, this really is a Godsend.. I've got 7 or 8 8mg. suboxone and a bunch of clonidine, probably 60//800mg. gabapentin, and a shitload of 50mg. of vistaril, and maybe 10 or 15// 1/2mg. ativan... And OTC stuff.. I actually have a bunch of 20mg. of Bentyl(Dicyclomine)..

You guys are right man, there is no magic bullet way to do this... I' haven't been shooting at all.. I used to, not in a few years, lately I've been snorting, thank God cuz I can get just as addicted to the process, ya know?? But, its hard to say exactly how much I've been doin cuz of the quality changing... I'd say probably about 1/2 gram a day, somewhere around there, maybe a little more. And for the most part it was probably Fentanyl... but for the past couple weeks I'm pretty sure it's been heroin.. My memory is pretty shitty but I would say this time around it's been 3 or 4 months at least.. Thank you guys so much for helpin me, this really is a Godsend.. I've got 7 or 8 8mg. suboxone and a bunch of clonidine, probably 60//800mg. gabapentin, and a shitload of 50mg. of vistaril, and maybe 10 or 15// 1/2mg. ativan... And OTC stuff.. I actually have a bunch of 20mg. of Bentyl(Dicyclomine)..

Okay, so..because you have limited suboxone, here is how you should follow..

Wait 12 hours from your last heroin dose, or until withdrawal symptoms noticeably present itself.
Take 50mg vistaril, followed by 800mg gabapentin and one 0.1mg clonidine. Make sure you take this before the suboxone..I am very iffy about you taking the ativan with all of these medications..I cannot in good conscience recommend that you take the ativan also..but if you insist, start with HALF of a 1mg tablet...if it is a 2mg tablet, split that into a FOURTH...so only 0.5mg of ativan..but if you can go without, save it. Mixing benzos with suboxone or any opioid is always dangerous. So please be careful as you are also taking many other drugs that are potentiating the suboxone.

Now..

Take one 8mg suboxone by placing it under the tongue and hold it for 30-45 minutes. Do not swallow your saliva or the suboxone as the naloxone can severely agitate your gut and make you violently ill. Spit your saliva and the excess suboxone out after 30-45 minutes..you should feel the effects coming on about 45 minutes to an hour in.

You will be good for the rest of the day, so I suggest waiting and following a quick taper of the suboxone..follow the regimen of other medications first(the gabapentin can be taken 3 times a day, vistaril and clonidine can be taken twice a day). The next morning, jump the suboxone down to 6mg if you can accurately cut and measure the strip..the day after, 4mg. Use 4mg for the next several days until you get down to having 4 strips..Once you have 4 strips left, jump it down to 2mg per day until you have 2 strips left, then 1mg per day. At this point you can continuously cut the dosage down every day, and even skip a day to really stretch it out..suboxone stays in your system for roughly 3 days, so there is no worries about withdrawal if you go without the next day. Any other questions along the way, ask away.

Thank u soo much brother, you have NO IDEA how much this will help me... I jus needed a good gameplan to follow.. I will let you know how I am makin out.. I wanted to start tonight, like 8 hrs or so would've gone by, by the time I woke up.. UNFORTUNATELY, I still have a little left, and I can't bear to flush it as much as I wanna get started... It's pretty tuff to do that, ya know?? Anyway, I'll keep you posted an let you know how I'm makin out... Thanks again, man, you really are helpin me alot.. It's nice to have sum1 when you really need them.. This can be a lonely thing....

You have everything you need to help get you through, so just listen to your body and it will guide you. The only time you should ignore your body is when it’s pleading for the poison that got you into this mess. Start taking the subs when you’re starting to feel withdrawals (I know it’s safe when I poop - sorry for the TMI, but it hasn’t failed me yet, lol). Stay hydrated, try to eat as healthy as possible, and keep busy. You’re going to feel like shit for a while (or you might feel pretty good after two weeks, everyone is different (unfortunately for me I still feel like shit and it’s been 2 months)). And don’t ever forget that you’re not alone. We are all here for each other.

Blueberry75... Thank u very much, I certainly don't feel as alone as I have in the past goin it alone, ya know?? I really appreciate your and everyone's help and concern for a fellow battler of the poison... Thank u all, I'll keep ya posted.........

My advice i will warn, is not for the feint of heart.
When i went without my opiates was one of the most difficult times.
I wont go into what i did but i found
Alcohol and crack cocaine to help..... now those two substances in themselves im sure you know are yeah... but you have ALOT of meds so i cant suggest a drink now and then and depending on your amount of use its hard to know the extent of how difficult itll be, that being said, hot baths will help, but it is possible, physically. Mentally i can only wish you the world of luck because from exp, it will never leave my brain but everyone is different n maybe youre stronger than i am

THERE IS A BUT you are 500000x more prepared than i was, i went cold turkey, so you can just imagine but i genuinely believe youll do it just fine, itll be abit tough but just keep in mind, itll be over in 3-5 weeks and youre in the clear, some say months but generally 3 weeks 75% of withdrawal is gone

Thank you for your encouragement Zonxx, I appreciate everyone's input and advice it reminds me that people do care... When you are in the throes of addiction or more often for me, detoxing, the depression that comes with it can be devastating... I'll never know for sure, but sometimes, I suspect, alotta suicides happen that way... Most of the everyday suicides of everyday peeps we don't hear about, but the ones that come to mind for me are summa the more famous ones... "Why, when they have soo much???" I ask myself... I know there can be A MILLION reasons that I no nuthin about, but, sometimes I just wonder, ya know?? Another situation that comes to mind is when comin down from crack or reg. coke... I've gotta say, I've had some dark thoughts then too, haven't been there in a LONG time, thank God, but it can be a dark place... Maybe it's sumthin we should talk about once in a while, ya know?? Cuz summa THOSE particular situations are the only time in my life that I actually contemplated stuff like that... It can truly seem like there is NO WAY OUT, when like they say, "It's darkest before dawn"... Maybe summa this stuff can be avoided with the kinda support u guys are showin to me, I don't know, jus thinkin out loud I guess........

Hey... Just wanted to say I had a short delay startin my at home detox... I wussed out a little to be honest!! I ended up gettin a little more shit which lasted till today, but I'm almost out... I'm stretchin it as far as I can, hopefully till I go to bed tonight but realistically it's almost gone!! D-DAY FOR ME!!! I'm nervous but I'm doin it, no more delays... Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help me, I'll keep ya posted for real this time!!!! :oops: