• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Seeking advice for detox

We don't encourage things that can kill you. We try to help each other. Don't ask for that.

We support things that help make us all healthier.

I am sorry OP that you are suffering. I hope you get to feeling better.

We can try to tell you what it is but don't hurt yourself with that stuff.

Sorry to Lecture. lol Harm Reduction Site.

but maybe Kratom isn't that dangerous ;)

edit: NO SOURCING <3

got it, I’m honestly desperate to get into detox but I don’t have the money or insurance. I’ve tried cold turkey or “tapering” a million times, I can’t get through it. I tried the methadone clinic but without transportation it was nearly impossible to get dosed daily. Going to try the methadone clinic again, just moved to a new area and need to intake.. I’d do anything to have money for detox, I know that’s all I need. I don’t like doing this shit, it hasn’t been “good” to me in a really long time 😔

Also I was all about kratom back in Colorado, if I can just get over the hump of wd’s that’s all I need, I just can’t get over the thrashing/bone pain.. I’ve finally reached the point of being “ready” to get off of the shit, try all over again, but we’re staying at my in laws for the next 2 months before we go back to Denver and my husband is completely against letting them on that we’re strung out. We don’t even have a room here (bed in the living room) so no possible way to hide with drawling from Fent. Just a horrible situation.

Sorry i'm Canadian so i have no clue about paying for detox. The USA has an awful health system, unless you can afford insurance. Our healthcare isn't the best but there's far more help for addicts here. Seems the American government don't care for addicts at all .

Someone wants to get clean but denied due to money, i really feel for people living there.

Clonidine really helps with some symptoms. Kratom has worked for many.

If you call 988 they can probably tell you if any detox nearby can take you without insurance.

Kratom extracts may help a bit. Probably won't completely negate fent withdrawal, but it would help to some degree.

Emergency rooms usually have social workers that will call around to see who can take you to detox or treaMtnw and jsut bill you later. Or the very hospital will have its own detox section. Hospitals tend to work for not free but like they have to treat you, and not require up front pay. - Lenny the heart. Fans Lennyheart sound
got it, I’m honestly desperate to get into detox but I don’t have the money or insurance. I’ve tried cold turkey or “tapering” a million times, I can’t get through it. I tried the methadone clinic but without transportation it was nearly impossible to get dosed daily. Going to try the methadone clinic again, just moved to a new area and need to intake.. I’d do anything to have money for detox, I know that’s all I need. I don’t like doing this shit, it hasn’t been “good” to me in a really long time 😔

I
Emergency rooms usually have social workers that will call around to see who can take you to detox or treaMtnw and jsut bill you later. Or the very hospital will have its own detox section. Hospitals tend to work for not free but like they have to treat you, and not require up front pay. - Lenny the heart. Fans Lennyheart sound
must add *emergency rooms in Metropolitan areas”

I have this irrational fear of telling the er I need detox, from being born in Georgia where the incarceration rate is so insanely high, 5 years ago you wouldn’t DARE to tell anyone in the hospital you had taken any type of illicit drug for fear of jail time. In Colorado I learned that that wasn’t a “all of America” type of thing, more of a Deep South thing. Like it was just a thing where I’m from, you’d rather od than risk the hospital calling the cops on you, because they would. Im in Florida now, but the fear is the same. Deeply wish I sought this help in Denver. Anyway all to say, it always feels like rolling the dice when you tell a ER doctor in the Deep South that you’re on drugs (even if you have none in your possession… police corruption is alive and well..)

Edit: not so much “corruption” I guess, more sadism. Truly

I've been in treatment for about a year in the US on Obamacare (Molina), my treatment costs would be between $600-700 a month without insurance, no matter how many office visits I make, even one, no discount out of pocket. One of my biggest fears at the moment is getting cut off of my insurance and having to cold turkey off these subs without a taper.

I have this irrational fear of telling the er I need detox, from being born in Georgia where the incarceration rate is so insanely high, 5 years ago you wouldn’t DARE to tell anyone in the hospital you had taken any type of illicit drug for fear of jail time. In Colorado I learned that that wasn’t a “all of America” type of thing, more of a Deep South thing.
Lots of people do treatments out of state. I know you said you have no money but that might be something you need to look into. Is there anyone you know that might be able to help you out with either a ride, a greyhound ticket, a flight, etc. If you are serious about wanting to get into an inpatient rehab. there are programs and state-funded ones you can get into but there's a lot of times a waiting list. If you are at your wits end, like the people above said, you can usually go into Hospitals and find people who can help you. I don't personally have experience with inpatient rehabs but know many people who have. Sometimes you have to weigh the options and realize that sometimes stigma isn't worth more than your life. And remember, you don't have to pay hospital bills, and they cannot garnish your wages etc. over them, but they can fuck your credit if it gets sent to collections.

Lots of people do treatments out of state. I know you said you have no money but that might be something you need to look into. Is there anyone you know that might be able to help you out with either a ride, a greyhound ticket, a flight, etc. If you are serious about wanting to get into an inpatient rehab. there are programs and state-funded ones you can get into but there's a lot of times a waiting list. If you are at your wits end, like the people above said, you can usually go into Hospitals and find people who can help you. I don't personally have experience with inpatient rehabs but know many people who have. Sometimes you have to weigh the options and realize that sometimes stigma isn't worth more than your life. And remember, you don't have to pay hospital bills, and they cannot garnish your wages etc. over them, but they can fuck your credit if it gets sent to collections.
i think I need to look into getting out of state like you said. I’m tired of worrying about how leaving to get treatment will affect my relationships (marriage, my parents, etc) I just need help. And I think I need to get back out of state, to a more liberal state that’s more likely to help drug addicts than incarcerate them. I just gotta get help. Im going to work on finding somewhere to go and go. I’m done worrying about how it’ll affect my relationships, reputation whatever. I just need help, bad

i think I need to look into getting out of state like you said. I’m tired of worrying about how leaving to get treatment will affect my relationships (marriage, my parents, etc) I just need help. And I think I need to get back out of state, to a more liberal state that’s more likely to help drug addicts than incarcerate them. I just gotta get help. Im going to work on finding somewhere to go and go. I’m done worrying about how it’ll affect my relationships, reputation whatever. I just need help, bad
Step 1 is admitting you are powerless over your addiction. I personally am not fond of the 12 step model but that statement is more true than anything. I describe opiate addiction to non-addicts as having a siamese twin that shares your thought process, and as you slip further and further into withdrawal, your twin begins to take control of more and more of your body and mind, until you are no longer in control and its just your thoughts against theirs. And they win. Every time.

Step 1 is admitting you are powerless over your addiction. I personally am not fond of the 12 step model but that statement is more true than anything. I describe opiate addiction to non-addicts as having a siamese twin that shares your thought process, and as you slip further and further into withdrawal, your twin begins to take control of more and more of your body and mind, until you are no longer in control and its just your thoughts against theirs. And they win. Every time.
Absolutely. I wish judemental people could understand the powerlessness, the helpless feeling when you don’t even want to get high anymore, but your brain and body drive you mad until you do. But thank god they don’t know the feeling I guess. I don’t want everyone to suffer, I just wish there was more understanding. Me and every other junkie, I’m sure. My birthday is tomorrow and I’m either going to be dopesick or hating myself for getting high. There’s no in between.

Wow sorry for the heaviness, not what I meant for this post. I’m just feeling a lot of feelings and none of them good lately.