View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seeing the machine, cogs turning

Mizora

Bluelighter
Tripped solo last sat, 10g atlantis truffles. Saw amazing (cev) machines, massive cog like structures all turning in diff ways, absolutely beautiful!

Done a lil searching and have found ppl with similar tales!... just wondering if any fellow BLs have experienced the same thing?

If not, still, what do you think this could be?!

It was like the structure itself was huuuuge and i could scan around looking at it, all turning, perfect symmetry!

I look forward to anyones opinion....

I've seen a machine like structure too on a synthetic cannabinoid overdose. My body was seizing at the time, which added a rather wicked flavor to the whole thing. It seemed as if certain realms of consciousness were perpetually fueling the motion of a gigantic somewhat pyramidal looking fusion of various sized intertwining cogs which appeared to be lubricated by some sort of eternal soul-magma that governed existence.

I was less than comforted by the notion that this had become my fate, but I can see how this place could be beautiful on another occasion.

^ interesting

I have seen like giant structures with moving mechanisms and cog looking things, with entities racing around the structure in patterns on my accidental dmt breakthrough but its not a regular vision for me.

Sortof similar, I saw a world/machine being build by the music we were listening to (more specifically: the bass guitar), and in the end I was part of it, and of the music, experiencing itself.

^ interesting. I have seen like giant structures with moving mechanisms and cog looking things, with entities racing around the structure in patterns on my accidental dmt breakthrough but its not a regular vision for me.

And of course Psilocybin is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine and Psilocin is 4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine.

QED the machine elves?

Perhaps more common, or only appearing, with high dose mushrooms/truffles, but I reckon there are distinct similarities with the N,N DMT. For me anyway.

I saw such machines but it was mostly / centered around one massive gear and it was all made of golden light.. (on DMT)

I see this all the time on pretty much anything that can produce visuals, including cannabis. No explanation to offer though.

I'm more interested in the hyperdimensional objects that the jesters often hold in their hands (on DMT), that explain the ineffable to me. The fuck is that? How can I learn so much from looking at something a weird little elf is holding in my mind's eye? No answers to be had in this realm but it's interesting for sure. I think it's rather odd that people report seeing the same thing so often even without any suggestion towards seeing said thing. Cosmic consciousness or some sort of archetype that the molecule carries? The Harlequin theme is another interesting one that so often pops up in DMT trips.

Last edited:
I saw such machines but it was mostly / centered around one massive gear and it was all made of golden light.. (on DMT)

I've seen the very same golden big cog machine, although that was on the way up and out from a massive MXE-hole. I assumed it was the reverse side of consciousness, like behind the scenes at a theatre or whatever.

I'm more interested in the hyperdimensional objects that the jesters often hold in their hands (on DMT), that explain the ineffable to me. The fuck is that? How can I learn so much from looking at something a weird little elf is holding in my mind's eye? No answers to be had in this realm but it's interesting for sure. I think it's rather odd that people report seeing the same thing so often even without any suggestion towards seeing said thing. Cosmic consciousness or some sort of archetype that the molecule carries? The Harlequin theme is another interesting one that so often pops up in DMT trips.

This.

Ive had entities offer me things numerous times on DMT not even breakthroughs either. The objects are past comprehension and are detailed or operating in a way that makes it almost impossible to look at.
Quite a mind boggler.
I heard terrance mckenna speak of offerings and such on DMT.
But im unsure what i believe about the "dmt hyperspace" whether it be in your mind or outside it.

Yeaaaaah this guy knows what I'm talking about! ^

Like he said, I'm not even talking about breakthrough experiences here, just something that happens very often when I meditate and go deep into that dreem-space.

"The objects are past comprehension and are detailed or operating in a way that makes it almost impossible to look at"
This is a pretty spot on description of what I'm talking about. But I find myself staring at the objects personally, and as they rotate and whirr, it's like downloading terabytes of cosmic patterns into my brain/spirit/mind/internal processor/whatever. It's a sort of all-encompassing thing; I can't say this box showed me this, and that cube showed me that - but rather it's like watching it becomes a telepathic history lesson about human civilization and archetypes and astronomy and alchemy and on and on. I mean, just fucking reams of information in the form of patterns in a matter of minutes.

I respect you guys that can meditate that deep without hallucinogenic assistance. Sober, I can only ever go knee deep into the chasm of my mind, just the way it is.

Excuse me, I meant to make it clear that I meant meditating after taking a hit of DMT. I used to be able to meditate that deeply before I started drinking alcohol though. Damned ethanol, great tool for dulling the subtle energies..

When I was big into meditation, lucid dreaming, and astral projection, I found that I only started to get really interesting things happening with any of them after at least 6 months of daily, dedicated practice. Like literally every single fucking day for at least a couple hours. But then there's this curve and after some serious dedication things start to move along a lot quicker. Too bad I didn't keep it up, I can only imagine how much better off I'd be if I kept up that meditation practice from my youth. Time to get back into it I suppose, it's been on my mind a lot lately.

.......... but rather it's like watching it becomes a telepathic history lesson about human civilization and archetypes and astronomy and alchemy and on and on. I mean, just fucking reams of information in the form of patterns in a matter of minutes.

Cosmic consciousness or some sort of archetype that the molecule carries? The Harlequin theme is another interesting one that so often pops up in DMT trips.

I wonder if it's more that the archetype is carried in the person's perspective on the collective unconscious (ref. C J Jung) and that access to this on a personal level is facilitated by the DMT. Harlequins and other mythological objects of imagery are the only way we express our deep awareness of our being in this strange place we call the universe or reality (I know, I know. Let's not go there ;-)). The symbolic realm certainly is pre-verbal, if not totally non-verbal. This might account for the ineffability of the visions and even detailed aspects of the content of these visions (the things/objects being incomprehensible etc.).

Incidentally
Muzda Jonxx said:
I've seen the very same golden big cog machine, although that was on the way up and out from a massive MXE-hole.
even on MDMA (which may of course have been adulterated with MDA) I have "seen" heads of flowers like daisies - white petals and yellow centre - packed closely and spinning, interlocking with each other as they turn. Just like the mechanical cogs I see in psychedelic experiences. Salvia for me has the feel of rotating, but unfortunately it's me that is the big cog and the turning feeling is not particularly pleasant.

Could they all be images of our internal gyroscopes??

I wonder if it's more that the archetype is carried in the person's perspective on the collective unconscious (ref. C J Jung) and that access to this on a personal level is facilitated by the DMT. Harlequins and other mythological objects of imagery are the only way we express our deep awareness of our being in this strange place we call the universe or reality (I know, I know. Let's not go there ;-)). The symbolic realm certainly is pre-verbal, if not totally non-verbal. This might account for the ineffability of the visions and even detailed aspects of the content of these visions (the things/objects being incomprehensible etc.).

Incidentally (), even on MDMA (which may of course have been adulterated with MDA) I have "seen" heads of flowers like daisies - white petals and yellow centre - packed closely and spinning, interlocking with each other as they turn. Just like the mechanical cogs I see in psychedelic experiences. Salvia for me has the feel of rotating, but unfortunately it's me that is the big cog and the turning feeling is not particularly pleasant.

Damn, I'd completely forgotten about the Salvia rotating thing. One trip it felt like my whole body was formed into about 16 vertical strips, each one rotating in the opposite direction to the next. It would have been great, if it weren't for the 'hyper itchy woolly jumper' effect that went with it.

Probably would never have thought about that again unless you'd mentioned it!

The symbolic realm certainly is pre-verbal, if not totally non-verbal. This might account for the ineffability of the visions and even detailed aspects of the content of these visions (the things/objects being incomprehensible etc.).

Well damn, I think you nailed it right there!

Thanks for the input guys, ive been meditating for a year now, often twice daily only short periods, working on longer sessions!

It did feel like it, whatever it was, it was special. Behind the curtain, i like that lol.

yessss, this. good description of what i was seeing actually.

Why would we see images of mechanical-like gyroscopes if not for having discovered gears/cogs? Our own internal gyroscopes are in the inner ear and are looped tubes partially filled with fluid and hairs that detect flow/presence of the fluid - one for each dimension basically - so that'd be three.. ;)

Personally I just think cogs/gears are among the first things that pop up in our heads when we picture "inner workings" (maybe you meant that?), although I mean it less literal, and more in the sense that we might be seeing mental "processes" being translated into imagery, and some of them involve face detection (but that is already the visual system), others may be more rational. I guess if you interpret it like 'being shown answers' (also objects held by the elves) or seeing how things work or models (worlds) it pretty much matches mushroom/DMT/salvia imagery, although salvia is more chaotic because the utter dissociation is so disorienting.

I was once 'told' on DMT that matter as condensed energy is held together by love and that this is somehow mediated by what were basically a helicoid torus and calabi-yau manifold, another time I saw a square circle lol.. but idk wtf to make of that..

Last edited:
I would love to see a square circle,that sounds pretty cool. I'm not too sure about the torus love atoms either, but it made me chuckle! :D

It's like one time on mushrooms when I looked at my father; he also partook in some fresh shrooms diced in our soup but didn't really have any effects... I didn't have much effect either but when I looked at him I felt that proportions of his body parts were completely wrong - which freaked me out and made me have a laughing fit - but at the same time he visually looked pretty normal... I guess things out of sync in my head, the square circle is probably similar and imo there are many more psychedelic effects involving experiencing two conflicting (paradoxical) things at the same time.

I saw a bunch of gears and cogs once when I was high, but then the janitor showed up and told me to get them hell out of the factory.