• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seeing an anesthesiologist this afternoon; have taken drugs, even today.. more inside

k.bear

Bluelighter
Hello all!

So this week I went on a bit of a bender (well, a mini one). After a few months of just OTC Codeine-family cold water extractions I said "fuck it" and ordered a gram of really nice heroin and 50 Xanax bars. I smoked the H in 3 days (my tolerance was loooow) and have just over half of the bars left.

ANYWAY.

This afternoon I'm going for a colonoscopy (where they violate you up the bum with a camera). They have an anesthesiologist on hand to sedate you ("the internet" tells me everything from ketamine to fent - each anesthesiologist and hospital is different - but knowing my luck it will just be 5mg Valium :p) Apparently you are "out of it" and need someone to take you home though, you're not even allowed to take public transport on your own.

ANYWAY AGAIN.

My appointment is early afternoon (13:00 - 14:00). I woke up early as I couldn't sleep, and took 4mg Xanax (because, well, I'm a fuckhead and I like Xanax). It has a short half-life so I imagine that it will be gone by then (unless I take more... :/)

Given the drugs I've taken over the previous days, the drugs I've taken this morning, and the drugs that I may inevitably take later (see above: fuckhead) leads me to my question:

**Do I need to tell my anesthesiologist about my illegal drug abuse?**

I want him/her to give me the good stuff (inject me with the ketamine please) but I'm not sure that divulging the past few days is the best thing to do.

Thoughts welcome.

I don't have an answer. I can say that while undergoing light pain management I was unable to go under with fentanyl and versed for a.colonoscopy. I was conscious, and well frankly yelling while it felt like my insides were getting torn apart. They had to bring another nurse in to hold me down. I got 5 shots of fentanyl and didn't feel a thing.

to this day, I think one of the medical staff took it...
really not a cool day

I don't say this to scare you but to give you an anecdote. I was taking 10mg hydrocodone and 10mg diazepam a day. I also have an extremely long history with opiates/opioids including and up to IV heroin, but it's been years.

I honestly don't know what happened that day but the drugs didn't work. The versed did, I felt it wash through me. Again, no opioid feeling whatsoever from supposedly 5 shots.

^ Same thing with me last procedure I had done and I told the anesthesiologist about the temazepam and hydrocodone I was prescribed. I could have sworn that the iv was not in right because I didn't feel much relaxation from the fentanyl/lorazepam. I know it's too late now but it's always best to advise them what drugs you have taken so they take that into consideration.

Wtf? I got a endoscopy and they used propofol and titrated it until i was unconcious with atropine sulfate preloaded and epi for emergergency stop breathing. Just giving people some arbitary dose of fentanyl and benzo is boardline like in the civil war just getting you wasted on booze and hoping you are out .