• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sedentary for best Benzodiazepine affects?

Swallowin_Klonopin

Greenlighter
Please excuse me if this is in the wrong section. - Moderators please move this if you deem necessary.

I just noticed something and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same or different results.

I've noticed that if I'm up and moving that I don't seem to "feel" the affects of my Klonopin as much as if I take it and I'm sitting down (I only take 1mg 2x a week).

Any other data points out there? It doesn't have to just be with Klonopin, any benzo would do. I'd be interested to hear.

I hope everyone has an anxiety free day!
Cheers!

Speaking of every benzo: never noticed any difference, I remember first times feeling relaxed and overall good, despite moving or standing in the bed.
Anyway: stay away from clonazepam/klonopin, and every kind of benzo if possible. From the first day I tried clonazepam I've been hooked to it and now it's almost 4 years~ I keep taking it even if I don't feel the effect. It's not funny and it's not something to joke around with.
I second that. I'm 9 years deep into a Benzo addiction - of which have been mostly hellish!

Just took 8 mg Clonazepam around 2 hours ago. I never really 'feel' much from Clonazepam, compared to almost every other Benzo. At one stage in my life I used to call Clonazepam the 'Placebo Benzo'. To me, it was nothing more than a mint - used to take 20 mg per dose and still never really 'Felt' much. Yet I'm sure in it's own subtle way it's working.... I'm just not sure how?

I'm also like you where if I don't feel the effects, I take more. Although, the past few years I've not been as bad at bingeing, as I realise it just raises tolerance and leaves most Benzo's feeling almost useless at therapeutic doses.

Would love to rewind 9 years sometimes...

Thanks for all of your concern guys but that's not what I was looking for. I know the risks I'm taking with this, but it REALLY helps me.

Plus I'm on/been on this really low dose for a while now only 2x per week.

Does anyone have any experience with my question in the OP?

Cheers!

I don't take benzos but I know when I take my oxy and just sit and chill I def feel it more . I think it's all about being mindful living in the moment .

I don't take benzos but I know when I take my oxy and just sit and chill I def feel it more . I think it's all about being mindful living in the moment .

That very well could be it exactly, I didn't think of it that way. I was thinking about being up and moving might raise your heart rate and dull the sedative affects somehow? Idk... I like your logic better than mine. :)