• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Secret compartments could get drivers busted

Bluelight Crew
A hidden compartment in your vehicle, with or without drugs, could mean big trouble as Ohio officials get serious about slowing down drug-smuggling.

A proposed state law, advocated by Gov. John Kasich, would make it a fourth-degree felony to own a vehicle equipped with secret compartments. A conviction would mean up to 18 months in jail and a potential $5,000 fine.

The hidden-compartment law, coupled with nearly 150 new highway signs warning traffickers that they face prison time in Ohio, are part of a stepped-up drug interdiction campaign announced yesterday by Kasich. The governor gave a brief commencement address at graduation ceremonies for the 151st Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy class at the academy, adjacent to the state fairgrounds.

Kasich unveiled a new number for motorists with cellphones — #677 — to alert law enforcement about possible drug activities.

“A lot of the people that are dealing these drugs are after our kids,” Kasich said at a news conference. “When you see something, call this number.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...et-compartments-could-get-drivers-busted.html

I love the way they encourage people to snitch by saying "DRUG DEALERS ARE AFTER YOUR CHILDREN" . Because, everybody knows children have the most money to buy drugs with. Yep. Thats the targeted demographic. Children.

Who the hell defines what a hidden compartment is? I can see this law getting thrown out as unconstitutional.

Who the hell defines what a hidden compartment is? I can see this law getting thrown out as unconstitutional.

They likely define it in the legislation itself, but a little bit of Googling didn't lead me to it.

I dated a girl who's father was an ex-cop, his Explorer had a tissue box in it that dispensed tissues but you could pull the front off and he kept a pistol in there. A lot of people on gun forums are bitching about this as well.

Just more over reaching from Kasich in Ohio.

Last edited:
probally the funniest thing i read since that other article related to USA drug laws just a few minutes ago

The dealers arent after the kids, the government is after them. In the future, if your shoelaces are untied, you will be arrested & thrown in jail...........I can see where the government is going with our future.

The dealers arent after the kids, the government is after them. In the future, if your shoelaces are untied, you will be arrested & thrown in jail...........I can see where the government is going with our future.

Don't you know how dangerous it is to have your shoes untied? The government isn't trying to punish us, they are trying to "protect" us from ourselves.

I love the way they encourage people to snitch by saying "DRUG DEALERS ARE AFTER YOUR CHILDREN" . Because, everybody knows children have the most money to buy drugs with. Yep. Thats the targeted demographic. Children.

Lunch money is totally enough to cover a habit...a milk habit ffs.

Drug dealers have never been after kids, hell all of the good ones I know avoid under 18 y/o's because they are a liability...plus adults tend to have more money than kids. Just saying, they need to use logic and not some random spews of propaganda and fear.

a lot of suburban kids'll turn snitch if you threaten to tell their parents on them

Technically he is correct. Everybody is somebody's child, so they are going after children of somebody.

Oh totally. They were my target demographic for sure when I was an adult drug dealer. Why deal with people that are more mature, have jobs and money than kids who have to steal $20's from mom's purse and will cry like babies if they're even pulled into the office at school, let alone taken to a police headquarters for questioning.

Not to mention there are SO many drug dealers that have long term ambitions of getting a larger customer base by starting your kids on weed so they'll be buying your crack by the time they're 18!!!

Because I was not only malicious and just wanted to get your kids hooked, but I needed that life long customer base that was constantly expanding.

But it's okay, because I got all of my cocaine from some guy who got it from a CIA agent who in return got it from Noreiga for Oliver North to help fund covert anti-communist terrorists in Latin America and use the funds to purchase arms to sell to Iran in violation of our own embargo.

LOL the old classic "for the the children" line. Fear mongering is so pathetic and desperate. Anybody remember that lone star tattoo myth about dealers giving little kids temp tattoos that were laced with lsd to get them addicted to it 8(. Dealers are not after peoples kids it is the other way around; kids are out looking for dealers. If your kid uses drugs it is not the big bad dealers fault or the "wrong crowd" it is their's.

This law is just another failed attempt at a failed cause. People ghetto rig their own hidden compartments in vehicles so I really don't see how this is sapossed to accomplish anything other than making innocent people suffer.

A hidden compartment in your vehicle, with or without drugs, could mean big trouble as Ohio officials get serious about slowing down drug-smuggling.
they'll take my bat-mobile dream from my cold, dead brain.

if a cop can find a hidden compartment the compartment would fail at being hidden making it essentially useless. Like this law.

And really their still spewing about "dealers are after the kids". Fuck I wish dealers were after me as i was a kid

I think it'd be more accurate to say your kids are after drug dealers. I wonder why?