• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Second line

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
What is the second line of treatment for ADD inattentive type impulsive? Adderall worked amazing at first. I never even knew I suffered as bad as I did and the only reason I refused to be put on it was I didn't want to relapse into meth. Well I know my meth days are well over so my doc is comfortable about giving me Adderall. I just don't want him to think I am drug seeking cuz I'm telling you, doc's nowadays will refuse you if you even bring up any detail of drug history. Sad but true. I tried to ask about Adderall XR but he said let's just keep it where it's at. The reason I said this was because IR is hard to come by.

Anyways please direct me to what would best help me. Adderall is a very powerful stimulant and can work better then most others stimulants. I need to know tho just in case I bring it up that it's not doing what it use to. If 60 is maxed out I don't see that helping me. And to detox would defeat the whole process of treatment and I'll just run into it again eventually.

I think CBT is basically the only other option, right? Organizational strategies, time management techniques, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken the only medications effective for adhd are stimulants.

It's advisable to take days off of adderall when you can afford to have less productive days to manage tolerance.

Can't do cannabis. Literally was DX cannabis psychotic disorder. If I take a one hit its like it thrusts me back into all and every emotion of 05. To the neglect, to an awful debilitating fear that God is angry at me. I used to love weed. Can careless now. Therapy I think is the best option.