• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Script Cut Off - Pissed Clean [Clonazepam]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XANAX XR

Bluelighter
Never sold or abused em, how do I prove, even with real pharmacology backing up that clonazepam rarely shows up in urine?

I plan on bringing my bottles to the appontment to show him I have exactly what I should... and briefly go into pharmacology and a majority of the people prescribed it.

He's a cool doc, but sent me a letter in the fucking mail saying, sorry, your klon prescription is revoked.

Luckily I have an extra bottle from 2 days before he cancelled it.

UA test was for surgery, as was the bloodtest but they didn't do any drug screening.

drug testing questions not allowed. but as someone who worked in that field for several years....most of the lab supervisors and workers cannot do basic arithmetic...let alone interpret test results....all test results are basically done by software or a machine.

someone probably fucked up at the lab and the computerized results sometimes have errors.

you need to have the lab re process and retest your piss.

It was probably the insurance company they always randomly send my doctors letters saying you should stop these meds because they cause side effects

I would request the lab report and a retest if possible... Unless they're doing something like GC/MS I think the UA ordeal is pretty bogus. Unless they can be absolutely certain than someone is abusing their meds, they shouldn't be cutting people off.

The thing with Klonopin is less than 2% unchanged medicine is excreted in the urine so it's not likely to show up in a drug screen, even if you take it every single day. You can find this information online if you really dig deep enough, but here is what I would suggest. Find out who manufactures the brand of Klonopin you take and call them up. Ask them about this specific situation. You can even mention that you heard less than 2% of the unchanged medicine (Klonopin) is excreted in the urine. Ask them if this is true. They should of course tell you yes. Then, ask them if there is any way they can provide proof of this. You can even request that your doctor's office contact the manufacturer as well so they can get/hear this information firsthand.

Another option you have is to request a blood test instead (or in addition to) a urine test. However, I must warn you that it has been said that Klonopin isn't likely to even show up in blood tests either. How is this possible? I have no idea. This is also something I would ask the manufacturer.

Visit the following PDF link and you will see at the bottom of the first page where it mentions that less than 2% unchanged Klonopin is excreted in the urine, thus making detection very difficult.

I'll make your life even easier by including a link to the below Google search that includes all the information you could possibly need/use on this subject.

I hope this post has helped you. Good luck retaining your Klonopin prescription.

Last edited:
I would request the lab report and a retest if possible... Unless they're doing something like GC/MS I think the UA ordeal is pretty bogus. Unless they can be absolutely certain than someone is abusing their meds, they shouldn't be cutting people off.

This
They need to do a retest and and maybe try and find out the test methode and ask for a GC/MS if they only did a immunoassay or something else.

I would normally close a thread like this as drug testing questions are against the rules, but as you don't want to beat the test and just want to prove that you take your meds I'll let it stay open

The thing with Klonopin is less than 2% unchanged medicine is excreted in the urine so it's not likely to show up in a drug screen, even if you take it every single day. You can find this information online if you really dig deep enough, but here is what I would suggest. Find out who manufactures the brand of Klonopin you take and call them up. Ask them about this specific situation. You can even mention that you heard less than 2% of the unchanged medicine (Klonopin) is excreted in the urine. Ask them if this is true. They should of course tell you yes. Then, ask them if there is any way they can provide proof of this. You can even request that your doctor's office contact the manufacturer as well so they can get/hear this information firsthand.

Another option you have is to request a blood test instead (or in addition to) a urine test. However, I must warn you that it has been said that Klonopin isn't likely to even show up in blood tests either. How is this possible? I have no idea. This is also something I would ask the manufacturer.

Visit the following PDF link and you will see at the bottom of the first page where it mentions that less than 2% unchanged Klonopin is excreted in the urine, thus making detection very difficult.

I'll make your life even easier by including a link to the below Google search that includes all the information you could possibly need/use on this subject.

I hope this post has helped you. Good luck retaining your Klonopin prescription.

Yea, I'm aware of this and I question why he isn't... and thanks guys, appreciate it.

Just remember no one here can give you an answer just speculation. Did they specifically tell you that you have been cut off for not showing it in your urine? Really this makes no sense as you shouldn't just be discontinued, but gradually weened at least as I assume your dose is at least 1 mg once or twice a day if not 2 mg 3x a day. If you run out and aren't doing well go to the hospital and explain everything. I'm sure if you end up in the hospital with obvious discontinuation symptoms it will get the Dr to think twice about his choice whether or not they reconsider. Hell rather than run out just stop as if you ran out like you would've without the last bottle and when you get symptoms go to the ER and I'd they don't help at least you still have your leftovers to help do a rapid ween.

Id sure like to see them try to quantify metabolites of 1 or 2 mg of something in your pee.

If they where ttesting you before surgery im confused normally thats. Just to make sure you didnt like snort cocaine before coming because anesthesia sensitized the heart to adrenaline which could cause a fatal arthymia

Yea, I'm aware of this and I question why he isn't... and thanks guys, appreciate it.

Like I said in my reply above, if you haven't already, I personally would do whatever it takes to make your doctor and his/her staff aware of these facts. If your doctor isn't a total prick he/she should continue your script and if it is continued, I'm sure you'll save a lot of other people the headache you're currently dealing with because I guarantee you aren't the first person this has happened to, nor will you be the last. The Internet is filled with people sharing your current dilemma. Once again, this is only friendly advice of what I would do in your situation. Good luck and please remember to inform us of the outcome!

I'll close this thread for now, as I feel it has been answered and drug testing questions are against the rules
OP PM me if you want me to reopen the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.