• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Scot government asks if they can decriminalise all drugs

How do we treat dependent cocaine users, for example. It's the class we have had little or no success in treating.

ADHD drugs might work. Ritalin is very similar to cocaine, as is Ritalin's sustained release version. Both of these drugs are available on prescription from a psychiatrist.

Ritalin is potentially abusable though. I know it's sought out among recreational and more hard core drug users. I've sought it out myself.

This makes it not very suitable imo, as people may just switch their addiction from one stimulant to another.

ADHD drugs might work. Ritalin is very similar to cocaine, as is Ritalin's sustained release version. Both of these drugs are available on prescription from a psychiatrist.
Depends what the root cause of use is. If it's self treatment, without even knowing it, then they may work as the person may have a version of adhd. If looking for the dopamine cascade then it's harder. The trials invlving various types of medical stimulants in the early 2000s didnt do ADHD diagnostics so not really useful.

Ritalin is potentially abusable though. I know it's sought out among recreational and more hard core drug users. I've sought it out myself.

This makes it not very suitable imo, as people may just switch their addiction from one stimulant to another.

A few years ago one American BLer told his story of visiting the UK in the early 1970s and 'Rits and Dikes - two for £5, five for £10' was a popular cry.

Now, to be clear, I have no idea what dose(s) or formulation(s) of Ritalin were available back then but he did note that both drugs went to feed the needle and it would seem, the combination was especially popular.