View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Scored me some LSD, FINALLY - but some questions about storing it

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
It's been 8 years since I last took it, and I don't even know how much it was. Probably 100 micrograms. I got 7 tabs 150 micrograms each, my plug was moving out of town and the timing was perfect. 150 mics alone seems like a sufficient dose for a good "first trip" (really it's like my third it's been so long it might as well be) right? Dude said just take all 7, or take 5, I don't remember, but he's out of his mind. He says he usually takes 3 though.

It's legit, he had a vial of it and everything as well as a testing kit, but I still have some questions: do I need to store it in the fridge? At the moment it's in my dresser, a cool dark place, because my house isn't exactly warm. In the Summer, with no AC, it gets very hot. I suppose by that point, I would need to store it in the fridge, right? Or is the freezer better? This is what my main question is.

At the moment it's naturally wrapped in tinfoil and in a little plastic baggy. I'm not sure when I'll decide to try a tab. How long do you leave it on again, and it doesn't matter if your stomach is empty or full does it? I heard serotonin receptors in the gut are a factor so I'm not sure. Some people seem fine with food in their stomach, some don't. Some get hungry from LSD, most don't, I certainly didn't.

Mushrooms after using DMT so much became unenjoyable. I still took the trips for what they were, they still helped me realize things, but they give me such an uncomfortable rushing sensation in my body. DMTs rushing sensation I find really enjoyable.

I'm wondering if LSD has the same kind of rush, or if everything feels completely different. Again having only taken a probably low dose 8 years ago (despite having some pretty strong visuals and odd thinking), I'm not sure just how similar the two are. Shrooms always gave me heartburn, I'm sure LSD wouldn't.

Oh, and I have pleeenty of Trazodone in case things go wrong and I want to end the trip, like if I took 2 tabs and it was too much. I'm not currently taking any anti-depressants, but I do take Gabapentin, and I take Valium at bedtime. Would these being in my blood make me require more, or is that more with anti-depressants?

I'm not on any right now, although I'm on something similar: Flexeril. It's not an anti-depressant but a muscle relaxer, but it shares some properties with tricyclic anti-depressants. Amitriptyline/Elavil for example, which is actually known to boost LSD trips by a lot and has a warning on the psychedelics to anti-depressant interactions chart. I actually found it did the same with shrooms and DMT as well when I was on it. Most of my DMT trips were blackouts, and shrooms fucked me up more than they ever had.

Seriously, fuck off man, I'm just asking a question and you're not answering. I've seen you be a complete douche not just to me too.

I was able to find a different doctor who is better about my meds. You really had to laugh about me being in benzo withdrawal after he didn't re-fill my Valium in my thread about that and then come here just to say this, offering nothing relevant whatsoever? Why you have to follow me around like an insect?

So anyone who isn't an asshole, do tell about storage methods and whatnot.

You're asking a lot, but I don't have the time or resources to respond at the moment.

Xork needs to come back, I can't do this alone. Or mod me already.

i don't know if you really have to worry about getting the same rushes as dmt on lower doses.... i haven't tried smoking DMT, but i heard it can be intense. i tried 5meo-dmt with 1p-lsd and that kind of had a rush, but i was kind of tired at the same time too. i just had to sit there and it felt like i was on a magic carpet ride with my eyes closed traveling through all these painting like universes. i felt like i had the flu with out a stuffy nose when it was over, and lsd or any analogues have never been like that. i usually feel like 100% when any lsd or analogue trip is over... lsd can be kind of stimulating physically but usually it's not too noticable like i don't feel strung out, just a noticable body high (this can be different highs on different analogues, but they are all pretty subtle.)... if i smoke weed than it's like twice the weed body high which some people don't enjoy and visuals kick in like crazy even on lower doses ime.

if you are going through benzo withdrawl though, i'm gonna guess the lsd is gonna intensify that and not really help it.. i took a pretty decent dose one time by accident when i was withdrawing from alcohol after a full day of light drinking and i felt really bad the whole night and was sweating a lot. wasn't really fun.

i hear so much about storing lsd, that i don't really know what to think.. usually keep in cool temps, def away from air moisture.. when i used to order the lsd analogues that were common, they came in thick black plastic packaging with a zip lock on the top.. i wouldn't worry too much about the tabs being stored in a fridge unless you are trying to keep them for years and years.. i've had stuff out in the summer of north east usa and it never seemed to degrade at all.

If you aren't on meds that may cause bad reactions, then instead of overthinking it, just eat one hit, then save the rest for a couple/few more trips where you take 2 or 3 hits after knowing what one hit does. Then you'll have an experience under your belt that is more recent than 8 years ago

As for freezer or refrigerator, doesn't matter as long as it's sealed well, but I use the refrigerator because freezers add moisture and refrigerators reduce moisture, which is why food dries out in the refrigerator but gets freezer burned in the freezer

store it in a vitamin jar in a cool dark drawer. fuck storing it in a freezer lol so unnesscary.

Put the tab under your tounge and you can spit it out or swallow later on. Or you can swallow, but it abosrbs quicker under the tounge.

the trip has a come up, it can take like 15-25 minutes to feel the onset, which usually starts a body feeling, more energy, stimulation, skin feels different.

around 45 - 1 hour mark is usually when the visuals will start to come up aswell, your headspace will be different, all the effects get stronger, senses more in tune and expanded. around the 2-3 hour mark is when the peak of the trip starts and this varies trip by trip, but trust me you will know when the peak hits.

at extact moment i peak is when I realize what LSD is truly capable of. Cause you spend a few hours wondering is this it? then the MAGIC Hits, the onset/come up anxiety melts away as you relax more into the trip and no longer half between reality and half way in your trip. your now fucking tripping.

Take one tab see how it affects you,

will last around 8-12 hours depending on the dose, sometimes upwards of 16 hours for residual visuals if your taken a large dose.

the peak can last between 3-5 hours then you start coming down slowly.

acid feels totally different to shrooms.

If you start to feel uneasy switch up the music and change the room you are in, i.e if in bedroom move to lounge. This change in enviroment literally changes the mood, as what i do if i start getting into my head to much about shit i dont wanna think about.

having candy on the comedown is great for blood sugars as your brain feels pretty fried from the acid by the end of it, take it easy for a couple days after.

if you like 1 tab, you can try 1 and a half. two tabs compared to one tab is far more intense. Its a exponential curve response. and 3 tabs is far far stronger than just 2.

If they are dosed 100 ug. 1 tab would be great starter.

200 ug is a strong trip

300 ug is seeing god and ego death very fucking intense visuals.

i don't know if you really have to worry about getting the same rushes as dmt on lower doses.... i haven't tried smoking DMT, but i heard it can be intense. i tried 5meo-dmt with 1p-lsd and that kind of had a rush, but i was kind of tired at the same time too. i just had to sit there and it felt like i was on a magic carpet ride with my eyes closed traveling through all these painting like universes. i felt like i had the flu with out a stuffy nose when it was over, and lsd or any analogues have never been like that. i usually feel like 100% when any lsd or analogue trip is over... lsd can be kind of stimulating physically but usually it's not too noticable like i don't feel strung out, just a noticable body high (this can be different highs on different analogues, but they are all pretty subtle.)... if i smoke weed than it's like twice the weed body high which some people don't enjoy and visuals kick in like crazy even on lower doses ime.

if you are going through benzo withdrawl though, i'm gonna guess the lsd is gonna intensify that and not really help it.. i took a pretty decent dose one time by accident when i was withdrawing from alcohol after a full day of light drinking and i felt really bad the whole night and was sweating a lot. wasn't really fun.

i hear so much about storing lsd, that i don't really know what to think.. usually keep in cool temps, def away from air moisture.. when i used to order the lsd analogues that were common, they came in thick black plastic packaging with a zip lock on the top.. i wouldn't worry too much about the tabs being stored in a fridge unless you are trying to keep them for years and years.. i've had stuff out in the summer of north east usa and it never seemed to degrade at all.
I'm not going through benzo withdrawal, conky is being a stalk-like troll. I'd posted a thread about this 2 months ago.

As for the rushing sensation, I only came to dislike it on shrooms, but on DMT I really enjoy it. Regardless even if the trip did go out of control, I have like 2 bottles of Trazodone which can stop an LSD trip in its tracks.

Thing is I doubt I'd take all 7 tabs by Summer, and again it gets very, very humid and hot in my area, so I don't think there exists such a thing as a cool dark place that wouldn't be a freezer since I don't have air conditioning.

No air, no light, cool temps.

Everyone says acid goes stale quickly. Not my experience... exactly. I've stored acid a number of times since it's best to stock up a little and have a well known batch to dose. Acid, properly stored, seems to last with little potency loss for a long time, a couple years anyway. Then, it suddenly does have a potency loss. It's still perfectly doable, just a noticeable loss.

Still will likely have to use my fridge given no AC. It's fine for now unless I take all of it by some heatwave in May or June which I don't expect to.

i have kept acid over summer in very high temps heatwaves where most days were over 86 fahernheit just keeping them in a vitamin jar with mositure packet in a plastic bag. You can chuck it in a wardrobe and have the jar inside if you dont have drawers. it will be fine.

I have stored acid like that for over a year with zero potency lost, I had dropped tabs on the carpet and had my fingers all of them aswell and still just as potent as the day i got them back in those days.

As long as you keep it away from light, don't put it next to a gas heater or anything it should be good. Just dont leave it in a hot car or on the windowstill lol.

enjoy the trips, take it slow in your own time you will enjoy it.

Its been a while since i use to trip alot the years go by quickly. I did so much acid in 2016-2020 boat loads of it, now i don't have time to trip anymore and got old.

but he's out of his mind
<3
they still helped me realize things, but they give me such an uncomfortable rushing sensation in my body. DMTs rushing sensation I find really enjoyable.
Mushrooms arent always fun, but they will always teach you.

DMT i dunno. If it does teach me, it's on a very subconscious level. I've taken DMT probably 1000x

Mushrooms slap me in the face and its not always fun but they teach me things. i should take them more.

So... store it in the fridge, bagged, tinfoiled?
Just wrapped up in an air tight jar in a cool dark place works for years.

Some good advice here (minus the arrows slung at Mac unnecessarily). I agree with Electrum. Just take one. Make sure you have the day to do what you want. No phone calls, lots of good music. No drama. A day to take care of your spirit. Take your meds as normal. Maybe a little extra diazepam at the total end of the day.

Everyone should do this.

Wrapped in tinfoil inside a book will retain potency for years - probably decades and decades. I've had 5 years and not noticed any decrease in potency - I always eat it within 5 years so I've never tried ten year old acid.

Start with a very low dose first - if you enjoy the effects up the dose a bit for your second trip. It really is that simple.

I don't think anyone has any idea whether the meds you are taking will affect the trip - who cares if it does affect it anyway? Unless you intend to give up all the other meds first then what's it matter? Take the acid and if you enjoy it you enjoy it.

One bit of advice - split the dose in two and take them somewhere between 20 and 35 minutes apart. This seems to increase the bodyhigh to being like the cleanest E you can find. You don't always hit that magic spot but it's something I always try. I call it "Ismenes wormhole" - a bit like Ismene's arsehole but nicer. It takes you through a wormhole in space and time to a place where you normally don't go on LSD. I'll meet you there brother.

I keep my tabs in an old envelope to prevent photobleaching I guess. Not too careful about it. Foil would be wise, but meh.
Mushies I keep in a freezer sealed up in a baggie in tupperware with a dessicant pouch.
I like the book idea of keeping tabs.