• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Schizophrenic on meth binge

ovo1024

Bluelighter
My friend is schizo & acting really strangev he's been up for over 2 days. What should i expect from this situation? I been tweaking with him. & popping klonopin periodically

Honestly, as bad as it sounds you should seek medical attention if this seems serious to you. (Amphetamine psychosis is said to resemble Schizophrenia in many ways)
Regardless as long as you don't have drugs on you then they cant legally do anything to you or your friend Besides treat him if hes in danger*** . But I highly recommend seeking medical advice from somewhere other than a forum. Good luck to you both. Hope that helps.

Also probably a good idea to chill on the clear till you know for sure if he/she is ok (And you).

Has your friend lapsed in taking his psych meds ? I would implore your friend to stop using and cease facilitating his use in any way plausible. Your role in this kind of changes from co-pilot to pilot. You might want to ease off the klonopin till your friend has crashed or one of you has sought help for him, as it's no longer an option for you to go to sleep or leave him alone. The problem is compounded by possible interactions with his meds and the amps even if you were to administer them. It's also difficult to decipher the sleep deprivation/ meth psychosis from the schizophrenia as Lucky stated. Does your friend have a significant other or family member you can call that might be able to better judge whether or not medical intervention is warranted ? If not then best to err on the side of caution and call for help yourself.

Last edited:
I wouldn't seek medical attention if I were you; It'll most probably get him sent to some psych yard when all he needs is some rest. Confiscate all meth, hide it for all I know, go get some booze (take him with you, have him go out!!! <= real good going out) and go get drunk OUTSIDE. Do not stay locked up, go out and have him turn his attention to something else, AND GET BOOZED! Also (sounds perv I know) having sex or at least ejaculating helps a hella lot, your mind will think about something else.
It's not worth it sending a f(r)iend to the psych yard when it's just a stim induced psychosis; once again, stop using, get booze and benzos, get out, walk to some nice place (park, lake, woods whatever), and get down!

I wouldn't seek medical attention if I were you; It'll most probably get him sent to some psych yard when all he needs is some rest. Confiscate all meth, hide it for all I know, go get some booze (take him with you, have him go out!!! <= real good going out) and go get drunk OUTSIDE. Do not stay locked up, go out and have him turn his attention to something else, AND GET BOOZED! Also (sounds perv I know) having sex or at least ejaculating helps a hella lot, your mind will think about something else.
It's not worth it sending a f(r)iend to the psych yard when it's just a stim induced psychosis; once again, stop using, get booze and benzos, get out, walk to some nice place (park, lake, woods whatever), and get down!

Why get booze when they have benzos? I don't think it would be smart to get 'booze and benzos' and go outside to get fucked up when ur schizo and in meth psychosis lol

Bluelight is a harm reduction forum. Telling someone who is tweaked out with a psychiatric condition to get drunk and take benzos is reckless advice. G dan, does your friend take prescription medication as well? Do you know if indeed he has schizophrenia and how is he doing now?

Bluelight is a harm reduction forum. Telling someone who is tweaked out with a psychiatric condition to get drunk and take benzos is reckless advice. G dan, does your friend take prescription medication as well? Do you know if indeed he has schizophrenia and how is he doing now?

Im not the OP :) im the guy who advised not to get drunk on benzos outside haha

Sorry for the late replies guys. My friend is scripted zyprexa & abilify but hasn't been taking them. I ditched him earlier cuz i felt like he was gonna get me in trouble. Don't know what he's doing now

Ok, so I would keep an eye on him closely, Schizophrenia if not medicate can be very serious for the individual .

As a good friend encourage him to take his meds instead of non prescribed drugs, tell him it will make him feel much better.

You need to be a sensible person in this instance, unless you yourself have an addiction problem or mental health problem, leave the drugs alone when you are around him at the moment. Even if it means visiting him for short periods when you are not high. .

Does he have family that can help, or close friends that are aware if his condition?

Schizophrenia can be extremely scary for the person with it and death rate from self harm is 4 times higher then that of normal population

They do not need any other drugs to make them feel not part of this world (my friend freaked out when he first was diagnosed as the grass wouldn't stop growing on his lawn front of him) so you need to make sure he feels safe and comfy.

These people don't need drugs to help with highs. Usually people with the illness will self harm and will very rarely hurt others. Ask him how he feels, if he is worried that something is out to get him etc or \ If he refuses to take meds or has paranoia or psychosis I would call the CATT team who deal with mental health issues for those in mental health Crisis. Sorry See you are in Arizona USA try these societies that can help. He has a psychiatric illness and if you see he is in trouble you need to find someone that can help (like calling 911)if he was in another sorts of trouble)
https://www.google.com.au/#q=Mental...0&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

Last edited:
Im not the OP :) im the guy who advised not to get drunk on benzos outside haha
^ That was for Lagafani's comment.

Ovo1024, I don't blame you for ditching this guy but I hope he's okay. I wouldn't want to party with him because going off his meds could make him unstable. Add meth to the equation and that's a recipe for trouble. I mean, you want to have a good time without worrying if your friend might go off the deep end.