• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Scheme involving converstion of neurotransmitter precursors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranidf

Bluelighter
Could someone provide a scheme that shows a point through which all neurotransmitter precursors are passing before being converted to neurotransmitters?

I suffer from an unusual condition that manifests in that my brain reacts strangely with all neurotransmitter precursors. It has started a few years ago, before that it would tolerate all precursors normally. Example to illustrate: A few years ago I would drink 50mg of 5-htp and it would bring all normal positive effects that are associated with it. Now, if I drink even 5mg I get hot, headaches and non of the positive effects, possibly elevated blood pressure as well.

That happens also with drugs and food supplements that are not precursors but affecting neurotransmitters: tramadol, mucuna pruriens, gingko biloba and many more. That happens whether I take them orally or sublingually.

Could someone provide a scheme that shows a point through which all neurotransmitter precursors are passing before being converted to neurotransmitters?

I suffer from an unusual condition that manifests in that my brain reacts strangely with all neurotransmitter precursors. It has started a few years ago, before that it would tolerate all precursors normally. Example to illustrate: A few years ago I would drink 50mg of 5-htp and it would bring all normal positive effects that are associated with it. Now, if I drink even 5mg I get hot, headaches and non of the positive effects, possibly elevated blood pressure as well.

That happens also with drugs and food supplements that are not precursors but affecting neurotransmitters: tramadol, mucuna pruriens, gingko biloba and many more. That happens whether I take them orally or sublingually.
There was already a very long thread devoted to your symptoms, except there you were saying that you were suffering from serotonin syndrome. The consensus was that you need to be evaluated by a doctor. There is no single "point" that all neurotransmitter precursors pass through.

Status
Not open for further replies.