View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Schapelle Corby’s boyfriend arrested in Bali on drug charges

poledriver

Bluelighter
Schapelle Corby’s boyfriend arrested in Bali on drug charges

114848-d8247bde-2f16-11e4-a639-0fb2d2d716a3.jpg

SCHAPELLE Corby’s boyfriend has been arrested on drugs charges and is now locked up in a police jail in Bali.

Ben Panangian faces a maximum 12 years in jail after police allege that he was caught with marijuana in a Bali street. A later search of his Kuta home also allegedly found more marijuana in his wardrobe.

This week the 32-year-old was among a group of drug suspects paraded by police in Denpasar, wearing orange suspect overalls and balaclavas on their heads.

At the time his face was covered, he was not named and police gave only the initials BPS.

Several different police sources confirmed to News Corporation that the man arrested was Corby’s boyfriend.

One source said that shortly after the arrest, in Nusa Dua, that locals in the area who witnessed the bust told police the man was “Corby’s boyfriend”.

He was arrested under the name Bernard P Simanjuntak. This is his full name but he shortens the first name to Ben and his second name is Panangian. He is from the Indonesian province of Sumatra.

He did however regularly drop off food and water for her but wanted to stay away from the spotlight.

Then after her release the pair rekindled their relationship and have been photographed together on several occasions, most recently by News Corporation as Corby worked to refurbish her brother-in-law Wayan Widyartha’s surfwear shop in central Kuta.

News Corporation understands they also went on a diving trip together.

Panangian, who is known on the police records as Bernard P Simanjuntak, was arrested on August 20 in Nusa Dua.

It was about 6pm and Panangian had just arrived on his motorbike at an address in Nusa Dua.

Police were there conducting a raid on another man, known only as TMY, and when they approached Panangian, he allegedly threw two packages onto the street.

114926-3f2e3780-2f16-11e4-a639-0fb2d2d716a3.jpg

Denpasar police chief, Djoko Hari Utomo, said the packages were found to contain marijuana.

A police raid on his home later also allegedly found marijuana in a wardrobe.

The amounts involved are 0.64 grams and 8.21 grams of marijuana.

Panangian faces charges under Article 111 of Indonesia’s narcotic laws which carries a maximum 12-year sentence for drug possession, planting, storage or providing.

The other man, TMY, outside whose home Panangian was arrested, faces charges in relation to 5.31 grams of methamphetamine.

At the press conference this week in Denpasar police paraded six suspects however they relate to different drugs cases and were trumpeted as part of a drug operation.

The drugs allegedly seized were displayed on the table in front of the suspects.

A top stand-up paddle boarder, Panangian had a business teaching but that business now appears closed.

In 2013 he was hailed a hero after a Lion Air plane plunged off the runway at Bali airport and crashed into the sea, near where Panangian was surfing. He rushed to help save the passengers of the jet.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/national/sch...-on-drug-charges/story-fncynjr2-1227041114311

The amounts involved are 0.64 grams and 8.21 grams of marijuana.

I know I feel better knowing this dangerous criminal will be off the street spending the next 12 years in prison.

No doubt.

Funny how it's all cool to do shrooms or drink alcohol with methanol in Bali/Indo but have any weed and they will come down like a ton of bricks on you.

She's going to end up back inside.

I wonder what she and todd carney got up to? Water sports of some kind.

No doubt.

Funny how it's all cool to do shrooms or drink alcohol with methanol in Bali/Indo but have any weed and they will come down like a ton of bricks on you.
Indeed. I know people who did smoke cannabis in certain SE Asian countries and were way too open about it. But back when I used if I did travel to such a country I would not even risk it. I have heard about them drug testing tourists at the airport, and then putting them into jail if they failed.