• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Scary meth reaction

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
So i have been using crystal meth for about a couple weeks ago. The last time I used meth was two days ago, finishing up about a gram and a half. Ever since I stopped, I have been having episodes where I wake up out of my sleep around 4am, in a nightmare based panic, I run out of my bed and out the door to my house and running around my neighborhood in panic that I am in war and trying to be captured and killed, it took me a few hours to come to and realize "wtf am I doing?" And then go back home....just last night I woke up at 4am and attacked my girlfriend and ran out of the house to the park, sitting there in just my boxers until my girl came after me with her car.abd brought me home.
I am so scared I fried my brain, I haven't touched meth in two days and I can still feel it's effects...as far as when I get upset or angry I feel myself stuttering involuntary when I talk or quick facial tics...
Am I gonna go back to normal? I told my girl to tie my legs together tonight so I can't run out of the house. Is this meth psychosis? I'm only in a state of paranoid and psychosis when I run out of my bed for anywhere from 20mins-4hrs.

I'm very scared and want to go back to normal
What is causing this? Ok currently taking no other drugs at the time
Any help would be appreciated

If you haven't used anything in 2 days and you've also been sleeping during that time; then there's not a great chance that its psychosis.

Did you use any other drugs while using methamphetamine?
are there any substances that you normally use daily that you currently stopped using?

Suboxone , marijuana and occasionally dope, whether it is real dope or some other opioid analogue..hmm could this be the issue, RCs??

I'm in no means an expert on this topic, but i don't think any opiates/opioids would cause this reaction.

Again I'm a little out of my element here but this could be a pre-existing condition surfacing.
I don't want to put any negative thoughts about this situation in your head, but if it continues I'd see a psychiatrist.

Hopefully someone with a better understanding of pharmacology comes along and sheds some light on this.

I wish the best for you man.

Yea really strange it’s happening late night early morning and you don’t sound too tweaked or sleep deprived. Almost sounds like some version of sleep paralysis where you can’t escape that space even once up and moving..

Was it shorter last night? Hopefully this will pass within the week and is just due to you bashing neurons.

-GC

The first time it was a panic attack that woke me up and came to ten mins after awake, second time was a nightmare after I woke up that I stayed in while awake that lasted four hours until I came to. Third time was a nightmare that lasted one hour till I came to. Seems meth is precipitated my mental health.
Took a Xanax last night and I did not have an episode. I'm upset I can't take meth anymore obviously. But wouldn't adderall precipitate these episodes too?, It doesn't but meth does?

Taking a benzo is a good idea. I'd carry on taking Xanax for a week max but try not to take them every night, and then stop once it's been a week. What ever u do don't end up addicted to Xanax as ull end up alot worse than before u took them. Like I said don't take them for more than a week and u should be ok.

This sounds like sleep walking as your sleep patterns are fucked up from the meth probably. Were you sleeping every day when you were using it?

Meth is neurotoxic, so the stuttering and facial tics are perhaps a sign of what's to come if you keep on using.

Have a break if a couple of weeks at least and see if it gets better. I wouldn't take any amphetamines at all whilst your body recovers.

As the poster above said, the Xanax is helping knock you out so you don't get the episodes, but don't take for longer than 5-7 days.

I have faith that you will return to normal friend. If not, you're gonna have to go consult the big, bad MD. We will leave this open for you so long as you want/need our emotional support and then we're probably gonna have to close it. We don't know exactly what was taken and we can't cure remotely. I care about you though man, so I'm hoping everything works out.

I been clean from meth for 3 days and finally I sleep normal. I still feel facial tics and stuttering when I get angry naturally. Still taking Adderall as prescribed to combat the severe tiredness I'm feeling. I been out of prison for two months and think I partied too hard.

Thanks for all the support guys. I just want to do methoke everyone else and not have to suffer this sleep problem
I could end of killing someone without realizing it..
I had attacked my girlfriend the last time it happen without realizing it

Starting to wonder if it was actual meth and the possibility of an analogue these days since everything else is?

Sounds like you just got too high. By day 7 of my last binge I was running from navy seals shooting at me after jumping from trees until I hid in a dump for 2 days planning my escape while a group of gangsters shot spider webs at me in front of Walgreens . Though there was a task force raid at the time in that hood so I wasn’t completely out of my mind just 99% . Drink milk. Eat sandwich . Sleep long time

Um, why where you in Prison? I remember you helping me in 2012 and telling me how gabapentin is hard to come off of. I also know you when you had just got a adderall script and was walking but got hit by a car....

Why I'm asking is Prison is there to correct you, you can go in get better and come out a good citizen...I'm not judging by any means...

Also you are sleeping but I'm not sure I know whats going on.....It could be latent psychosis or something.

I was in prison from 2014-2019(was home a total of 6 months in between them years on parole). I was a passenger in a car when a hit and run was committed over a drug deal gone bad, and victim was injured severely. Prison does not correct you by any means. It's full of gangs, violence, and drugs, and most of all drama. I have learned to be functional and have three kids and responsibilities nowadays. The episode on meth really caused a lot of drama with my family and learned go tone it down.

What happened was that your body, principally your brain, was exposed to a very strong chemical stress, so it caused a lot of local inflammations, tissue damage, etc, so these are the side-effects. Not considering the meth-induced changes in brain signaling

What happened was that your body, principally your brain, was exposed to a very strong chemical stress, so it caused a lot of local inflammations, tissue damage, etc, so these are the side-effects. Not considering the meth-induced changes in brain signaling
Do I have brain damage because of this? Even though I don't have these episodes anymore like that. I still occasionally have night errors where I'll wake up frightened, conscious and scared out of my mind, and don't snap back into reality for about 5 mins...my original episodeasyed 4 hours

it is difficult to say how much damage was done, I don't believe it is something irrecoverable, but these things are being added up over time, so be careful

If you are no longer using but still fell some symptoms, this may indicate that a psychological pattern (supported by a biochemical signaling pattern) has been induced by the drug. Now that the drug is absent, the body is slowly recovering and returning to normality.

It is better not use it in the next few weeks, your brain is in a "sensitive state", very likely you will have the same heavy symptoms again.

Hey man, I think you'll be alright, you were doing meth for a while and presumably weren't sleeping, so it takes some time to recover. The fact that you aren't having the full-on episodes anymore is good. Night terrors suck but some people just have them, it's not abnormal. Just let yourself heal, definitely don't do any more meth or other stimulants. And don't stress too much, chronic anxiety can have all sorts of negative effects on you, both physically and mentally.

Well if gangs aren’t I deterrent I don’t know what is. I went to a jail that’s worse then prison. Average over 100’s dying in it.

Two guards attempted to rape me until I screamed I have HIV. Was thrown to the ground. Then thrown into a stretcher and ran thru the medical ward. Put a catheter in me and pulled it out w the balloon open. Put in a nasty dirty Ambulance and as I looked up I ask God for forgiveness and fell asleep. I went to jail two more times but in a different county.

While in jail the last time I didn’t even know how to use the phone.

What started all of this was I was binging out on the purest ice in 05.

Finally I snapped after taking shrooms.

The rest is history, I don’t wish this on my worst enemy.