• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Scary hallucinations on MDMA?

I take high doses for those hallucinations actually... Isn't the euphoria strong enough to keep you from being afraid?
Why not just get MDA, or 2C-B, save your brain and enjoy the trip.

I read somewhere that mdma is metabolized into mda in your liver (granted only something like 7 percent).

Could this possibly contribute to mdma hallucinations?

half a gram really isnt that much with mollys standards nowadays. The molly i get is extremely clean, and tested. However, it is full of non-active fillers...so half a gram that i take would be like 200mg of MDMA. Turns the marquis straight to dark purp/blue though

I have only rolled once; at the end of the night I took off my shoes, and got into bed, I realized I left the light on, as I'm about to get up, I glanced at my shoes which turned into a dark black swirling mass that scared me like none other. I freaked and closed my eyes, hoping it'd be gone and it was; however, for the rest of the time it took me to fall asleep, i'd get violent shadowy hallucinations when I squinted my eyes at anything.

On a more positive note, I look forward to rolling again, it was fun as all hell.

I've definitely experienced shadow bastards before typically at the end of a night when we pushed it a little hard. I think it seems like when we had high MDA mixture pills, that the hallucinations would be more likely to occur, but that seems like ancient history to me.

I've walked in the room and my friends are all flat on the ground staring at the tapestry, and they all saw the elephants printed on the mandala march around in circles and make their pffffff elephant noises. I don't really remember if I saw it or not.

I used to get this effect where everything seemed to be made of jewels that were organized in circular fractal patterns. They reminded me of what it looks like to look down a christmas tree from above, only made of jewels. Everything was made of it like legos.

Elephant noises LOL that reminds me of the time I saw a penguin and later found out it was some poor girl, apparently I was making noises at her and shit, shame I don't remember...

I have only rolled once; at the end of the night I took off my shoes, and got into bed, I realized I left the light on, as I'm about to get up, I glanced at my shoes which turned into a dark black swirling mass that scared me like none other. I freaked and closed my eyes, hoping it'd be gone and it was; however, for the rest of the time it took me to fall asleep, i'd get violent shadowy hallucinations when I squinted my eyes at anything.

On a more positive note, I look forward to rolling again, it was fun as all hell.
That's strange, that same exact thing happens to me when trying to sleep. I'll squint my eyes and see some
Scary figure, then as soon as I open my eyes all te way I can recognize it as a shelf or whatever it is. I thought a desk was a woman's arm, a shirt hanging on a door was a Paul frank monkey hanging, and a table was a shadow person. Only when trying to sleep though and with squinted eyes.

If I take just two points, I hallucinate on the comedown. Especially in dim light. People's faces morph, become entirely skin. In complete darkness I hallucinate a room I'm not in with people and faces around me. I once took half a gram (my first time and I was stupid), and I hallucinated other people with me and my friends.

I stepped out to smoke, and in clear light I saw one of my brother's eyes turn bloodshot and roll back into his head. I thought he was having an aneurism or something. I had no idea it was even possible to hallucinate on MDMA.

His eye flipped back into place, and I realized I was in a state of delirium. The comedown has always been the worst for me because of the disturbing auditory and visual hallucinations. Also note that my buddies, who took the same Molly and dose as me, never had these hallucinogenic effects. I believe some people are more predisposed to have more vivid hallucinations than others.

If I take just two points, I hallucinate on the comedown. Especially in dim light. People's faces morph, become entirely skin. In complete darkness I hallucinate a room I'm not in with people and faces around me. I once took half a gram (my first time and I was stupid), and I hallucinated other people with me and my friends.

I stepped out to smoke, and in clear light I saw one of my brother's eyes turn bloodshot and roll back into his head. I thought he was having an aneurism or something. I had no idea it was even possible to hallucinate on MDMA.

His eye flipped back into place, and I realized I was in a state of delirium. The comedown has always been the worst for me because of the disturbing auditory and visual hallucinations. Also note that my buddies, who took the same Molly and dose as me, never had these hallucinogenic effects. I believe some people are more predisposed to have more vivid hallucinations than others.
Do you by any chance smoke weed during your rolls? I've found that this greatly amplifies the hallucinations for me. If I don't smoke, I don't get them or I'd have to take a way too high dose. If I smoke a lot I get them at recreational doses even. They're quite enjoyable once you get used to them :D though perhaps a bit sinister they are often very detailed and beautiful as well, they feel more... lifelike than the hallucinations you get from most hallucinogenic drugs in some way. I've even had auditory hallucinations once, though admittedly that was at the tail end of a waaaaaay too high dose. Some people theorize that it's your body breaking down part of the MDMA into MDA, which is a hallucinogen. I'm not so convinced, I've done MDA a few times and I think that feels and looks a lot different than MDMA hallucinations

Any MDXX Substance THAT IS LEGIT and NOT ALDUTERATED should provide MILD And DEFINITELY NOT SCARY HALLUCINATIONS AND NOT HALLUCINATIONS more like Trails of people walking or hand in front of your face and different colours possibly once i saw a Urinal Morphing around Visually as i took a piss in the Washroom Lol.

Any MDXX Substance THAT IS LEGIT and NOT ALDUTERATED should provide MILD And DEFINITELY NOT SCARY HALLUCINATIONS AND NOT HALLUCINATIONS more like Trails of people walking or hand in front of your face and different colours possibly once i saw a Urinal Morphing around Visually as i took a piss in the Washroom Lol.
I can assure you that the hallucinations can be insanely intense and if you're not used to them really frightening since they are a bit sinister. This has happened to me more than once, on tested MDMA but in way too high doses and combined with lots of weed<

I seem to be very susceptible to this, my friends all have it way less intense, but this is to illustrate that it's not like that for everyone and it doesn't necesarily mean your MDMA is adulterated

As Bluebull said one theory for MDMA hallucinations is that it's really from MDA which stimulates the same kind of serotonin (5HT2A) that acid/mushrooms do, some people have been shown to have more 5HT2A so it might explain why some people are more likely to get hallucinations than others.

Another possibility is that it's the MDMA leading to a lot of dopamine release that results in hallucinations, things like cannabis that also release dopamine would intensify these effects. Too much dopamine is the route by which stimulants typically cause psychosis-like symptoms.

There are two kind of MDMA hallucination IMO, there are neon fractal patterns and shapes that overlay vision and a wavy/shifting aspect to the textures of objects. This can be really subtle and hard to notice especially without weed, but you can get them with average sized doses. I think these hallucinations must be coming from the 5ht2a agonism/traditional psychedelia of MDMA.

Then there's the kind where you are seeing or hearing things that are not there or that are drastically altered from the way they originally looked, but not in that 'classical psychedelic' sense of alteration. Things like when I've looked at my girlfriends face and seen it morph into a completely different one, or seen her hair turn into writhing purple glowing electrical wires. I think these hallucinations seem to come when you've had too much or at least a moderate amount and also had some weed, at the tail end usually when your body and brain are tired. I've had similar though much less intense experiences after staying awake for more than a day or two so I reckon this is down to your brain getting worn out.

I think the roll the weed plays is just what it normally does I.e amplifies everything you're experiencing

There are two kind of MDMA hallucination IMO, there are neon fractal patterns and shapes that overlay vision and a wavy/shifting aspect to the textures of objects. This can be really subtle and hard to notice especially without weed, but you can get them with average sized doses. I think these hallucinations must be coming from the 5ht2a agonism/traditional psychedelia of MDMA.

Then there's the kind where you are seeing or hearing things that are not there or that are drastically altered from the way they originally looked, but not in that 'classical psychedelic' sense of alteration. Things like when I've looked at my girlfriends face and seen it morph into a completely different one, or seen her hair turn into writhing purple glowing electrical wires. I think these hallucinations seem to come when you've had too much or at least a moderate amount and also had some weed, at the tail end usually when your body and brain are tired. I've had similar though much less intense experiences after staying awake for more than a day or two so I reckon this is down to your brain getting worn out.

I think the roll the weed plays is just what it normally does I.e amplifies everything you're experiencing
That's indeed what I suspect too, good post. For me it starts at 120mg (+weed) and peaks in intensity around 180mg (+weed), at that point the hallucinations are usually heavier than a heavy acid trip, really intense but thoroughly enjoyable :D

Yup, mdma+weed shouldn't be underestimated. It's very psychedelic, or can easily be, especially if you end up smoking a lot. :)

Cevs are really good too!