• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Scary hallucinations on MDMA?

lunae

Greenlighter
Can you hallucinate off of high doses of MDMA? I say hallucinate, but it's more of a recurring sort of trip for me. The past 2 times I've done MDMA, I've had the same trip. I only had half a gram both times. The first 2 times I had this weird hallucination was after a nos balloon. Then the other time, I'd had a nos balloon earlier that night, but it wasn't until the end of the night that I started hallucinating.

The trip sort of thing terrifies me though, the first time it happened I was kinda scared after it, but I was then fine for the rest of the night. The second time it happened, it came out of nowhere and I freaked out big time. It wasn't like the other time either 'cus I couldn't get it to go away for the whole night and I kept slipping back into it, especially when I heard the nos balloons going off :(

I don't know if these are being brought on because I'm taking a rather high dose after not taking MDMA for a while. Or maybe I just need to embrace it and deal with it to have fun.
Anyone had anything like this?

wow man, half a gram of mdma?! WTF?! Take a much need 3-5 month break and try a dose around 100-150...........

Exactly what epic11 says,

Take a nice 3 month Minimum break, then start at 100-150mg.

500mg... or half g mdma...
Madness , that will do some damage to you, but dont worry its reversible providing that you dont keep taking mdma at that rate.

I take high doses for those hallucinations actually... Isn't the euphoria strong enough to keep you from being afraid?

Ah man I never thought I was taking that massive of a dose, clearly I was wrong haha. I love the euphoria I get off of it, along with the mild visuals, but recently the visuals are becoming far too vivid, I think break is needed.

I've definitely experienced shadow bastards before typically at the end of a night when we pushed it a little hard. I think it seems like when we had high MDA mixture pills, that the hallucinations would be more likely to occur, but that seems like ancient history to me.

I've walked in the room and my friends are all flat on the ground staring at the tapestry, and they all saw the elephants printed on the mandala march around in circles and make their pffffff elephant noises. I don't really remember if I saw it or not.

I used to get this effect where everything seemed to be made of jewels that were organized in circular fractal patterns. They reminded me of what it looks like to look down a christmas tree from above, only made of jewels. Everything was made of it like legos.

I've had some recurring visions in my MDMA trips, although I think it was because of the one time I candyflipped (also the second time i'd ever used MDMA)
and had an extremely strange and intro-spective trip which was quite sinister and borderline disturbing (not really what you need at a psychedelic rave tbh haha!). During this I saw this sort of tin mechanical flying object with a small helicopter blade on it hovering in the sky, sort of looked like one of those flying security bots in Bioshock if you've ever played it?. Well most times I take MDMA if I look into the sky, I see it hovering there, at the time I think it looks cool but when I think about sober it sometimes gives me the creeps aha. Strange.

But yeah I'd definitely cut down on the dosage man, traditionaly it's surposed to make you extremely happy obviously (among other things), but I've found (and I'm sure alot of others have to) it can turn a bit nasty and feel like you're stuck in a bad cartoon at higher doses.

Half a gram of mdma is way too much. More than 180 mg is just a waste. The rest is not absorbed by your system, you just piss it out.

Half a gram of mdma is way too much. More than 180 mg is just a waste. The rest is not absorbed by your system, you just piss it out.
LOL not true for everyone. Taking 180 Mg's is a roll wasted for me. I tried before and it's always... meh should have taken more...

Original Nuttah - So glad I'm not the only one to experience this. It's horrible, I have this recurring thing where everyone turns to look at me and they all have the scariest looks ever and won't stop looking at me, I also get a really warm and uncomfortable feeling. It's nasty. I get scared and think everything is repeating itself for the rest of the night haha. I'm definitely gonna cut down on the MD for a while 'cus I think my body's had enough lately!

I have only had proper trips on 2 occasions with MDMA (Meaning full on trip where no matter how hard I tried to see
past It, I could only make out the non-existent details). The first time I was fairly new to MDMA and had 1 gram
between 3 of us at the beach, when I looked out the door of my tent into pitch black in the forest I saw a sunny
courtyard, flowers, cobbles, ect. as well as my friend stand up and walk down a long row of trees (I was in a tent so hecouldn't of done this)

The second time me and my mate went through 3 grams between us (Fun but I wouldn't recommend this in a hurry) and
we actually had a shared trip when he found a sea horse on the floor, the messed up thing being I don't even know
what a sea horse looks like yet I could see every single scale on its skin (For the record it wasn't real, turned out to be
a bit of fluff). I later laid back on my sleeping mat, zoned out and came to only to see a whole wind farm appeared
in front of me.

Personally I love tripping but like Brimmy said take less if you don't.

Don't get me wrong, I love tripping, just not like how I was them times

Do you smoke weed when doing mdma?

Personally I smoke weed with everything I take, just play around with it and see what different effects you get. even smoking a tiny joint can be good sometimes, and others just pack your cone and chong away.

Yeah but for OP if hes getting bad trips it might be an idea to try without next time..

I totally agree with you dezz, i usually like to dose at at least 250 to start of with and then redose after a few hours or so... also i feel as if i cant roll unless its off of really high grade molly, I hate spending money on it unless its moonrocks or visibly crystal

I don't like high doses because I don't like strong MDMA hallucinations. If I want to trip, I eat some mushrooms with it. Maybe 100mg of mdma and a gram of shrooms a little later.
The reason I don't like the MDMA trip is because it happens at higher doses, so its basically a crazy reaction to using up serotonin. I feel like what goes up must come down....Opposites to the euphoria.....Sometimes I feel like the bad hallucinations at the end of an MDMA trip happen because you saw everything so soft and beautiful for a couple hours, now you are going to see things the opposite of that. What was once a face of a friend that you could just kiss and hug, suddenly becomes a beadie eyed zappy zombie. Its like you get this rebound into the underworld or something. I can see why it happens....After you have emptied your serotonin, some things flip around. I call it 'the Weirds"
But if I stop at 100-200mg max and just continue on with a bite of mushrooms, I still have a serotonin stash so things dont get as dark. Sure they might get strange, but I prefer the shroom strange over the too much molly strange. If I want to GO there.....
If I havent been doing MDMA much, I can lay down after a good night of it and hear beautiful songs in my mind and feel love. I know I have been doing it too much or too often if I get scary visions when I lay down and need to put on some music to keep the creepies out.

Yeah I do smoke weed with it, I ususally do everytime and I never hallucinate like this. It's nothing to do with the quality MD I get either, 'cus I always get pure MD

Rebubula - I completely agree with you on that, what's good must be bad at one point. I do like the idea of MDMA and shrooms though, it sounds like it could be fun :)