• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ scariest trip?

I have had many intense trips where I encountered all kinds of transpersonal suffering, even experiencing the suffering of multidudes of people simulataneously. I've experienced the terror of thinking I was dying. But the worst was simply encountering something I have difficulty describing. It was like the essence of horror without any content to be horrified by. I think the lack of content was part of what made it so difficult. If it was the horror of death or of being tortured as I've experienced before, I could just surrender to that content. But there was nothing to surrender to, it was just pure horror, pure unnaceptance but with nothing to work with. I called a friend and it was really helpful to just to hear another human voice.

for scary take too much salvia.
for dangerous, add stimulants and opiates, that can be scary too.
if your body is healthy, and your setting is safe and relaxed, psychedelics are not scary in general.

I’ve had those trips where I thought I was dying. I remember one in particular: I was still living in Maryland at the time, and I was sitting on my couch in the living room, and I thought I saw red lights flashing through my blinds that led to the front porch. My mind made me believe it was an ambulance come to take me to the hospital because I had done too much drugs and was dying. And (this is one of the few trips where I saw things that weren’t there, AND believed it was real) I thought I saw my mother and father standing in the doorway, gazing at me sadly, as if their hearts would break. It was disappointment and fear, like, “how could you do this?? Now you are dying of drug use and we are so upset and also disappointed in you.” I was literally unable to move because of fear and kept imagining I could feel my heart stopping and my breath getting fainter. (Another trip I had, also in this living room, had me worrying about my baby that I could visually see on the living room floor. I didn’t have kids at that point…but I digress…)

Had another bad trip, earlier, in college: we were joyfully running around the area near my friend’s apartment when I saw the streetlight through the trees. The lights seemed to be multicolored, and I thought it was fireworks. I have an intense fear of loud noises (an actual phobia) due to a condition called “recruitment” that occurs in people with progressive hearing loss. I freaked out, ran back into the apartment, and shut myself into the closet. My friend found me cowering in there a bit later…yikes!!😬😬

I have had many intense trips where I encountered all kinds of transpersonal suffering, even experiencing the suffering of multidudes of people simulataneously. I've experienced the terror of thinking I was dying. But the worst was simply encountering something I have difficulty describing. It was like the essence of horror without any content to be horrified by. I think the lack of content was part of what made it so difficult. If it was the horror of death or of being tortured as I've experienced before, I could just surrender to that content. But there was nothing to surrender to, it was just pure horror, pure unnaceptance but with nothing to work with. I called a friend and it was really helpful to just to hear another human voice.

I can relate. I remember one of my rougher DMT trips I had, my friends afterwards saw I was having trouble for a moment but then I went with it and it went ok of course. I thought about it more anc realized what scared me was for the first time I felt alone and just nothing from the DMT. Before there was always a narrative but this one was completely devoid of anything, like falling into a black hole.

-GC

Scary for me was taking a dangerously large amount of shrooms and time dilating so much that seconds felt like hours.

It was hard to convince myself I would be back to normal after experiencing this, while I was tripping.

Nothing else has ever really been scary to me on a trip. Well, besides the time I nearly made my heart explode from physically straining activity on mescaline. But that was short lived and I was OK after my heart beat finally came down.

The mushroom trip however... I reckon it was at a minimum several years if not 10 years long. Hard to describe. Very mentally taxing and hard to deal with. Like being stuck in a time capsule but you are also tripping.

i once took 300 liberty caps. i cant say i was ever scared as i dont tink fear actuslly existed for me but it was intense to say the least

been to literal hell with satan on shit load of LSD + weed. Was toruted in hell for tens of millions of years by the devil himself in hell. This was the most scary thing i ever experinced and it tramusisted the fuck out of me for a long time. I was jumpy for a month afterwards.

ALD 52 fucked me up good. Spent 6 hours vomiting and dry heaving. Everything was melting before my eyes. I was spitting up blood. I did not have anything to abort the trip so I spent at least 10-12 hours with severe anxiety and nausea. Couldn't call 911 because numbers moving around and melting. I was also on sertraline.

Couldn't call 911 because numbers moving around and melting. I was also on sertraline.
That happens to me on high dose lsd. Letters and numbers look like they're floating in soup, rotating and spinning around. Makes it impossible to use my phone.

In the past I saw people warning about using hallucinogens while alone and inexperienced. But that is exactly what I did. My head was fucked for at least a week after that night.

In the past I saw people warning about using hallucinogens while alone and inexperienced. But that is exactly what I did. My head was fucked for at least a week after that night.

Yeah, it's a lesson many learn the hard way. Eventually once you've got the experience you may come to really like solo trips - I sure do.

I enjoy tripping with noobs and guiding them, but recently for the first time in my life I tripped with a guy who was far more experienced with psychedelics than me. I've tripped with people of similar experience, and many many people with little or no experience. It was so nice to have someone like that.
Even learned a few things from him. Maybe that's the feeling I give people on trips, I dunno. But it made the whole experience so much more grounded and calm. He really came through and helped keep us chill when shit was getting crazy(finding a fire randomly burning when we went for a walk into rural darkness and being kinda lost) It was a pretty strong lsd trip, stronger than I'd ever had before - I can see why tripping with experienced people is suggested hah.

Yeah, it's a lesson many learn the hard way. Eventually once you've got the experience you may come to really like solo trips - I sure do.

I enjoy tripping with noobs and guiding them, but recently for the first time in my life I tripped with a guy who was far more experienced with psychedelics than me. I've tripped with people of similar experience, and many many people with little or no experience. It was so nice to have someone like that.
Even learned a few things from him. Maybe that's the feeling I give people on trips, I dunno. But it made the whole experience so much more grounded and calm. He really came through and helped keep us chill when shit was getting crazy(finding a fire randomly burning when we went for a walk into rural darkness and being kinda lost) It was a pretty strong lsd trip, stronger than I'd ever had before - I can see why tripping with experienced people is suggested hah.
I'm wary of blotters cause I've heard they can contain 25-NB

I wonder if that is what I got instead of the ald52

I'm wary of blotters cause I've heard they can contain 25-NB

I wonder if that is what I got instead of the ald52

Just buy a test kit bro and have peace of mind. Don't want to be wondering if you consumed a deadly chemical when you could be enjoying your trip.

5-Meo-DMT accidentally overdosed. It can already make you think you are dying at large doses. When you accidentally take way more than you ever have before, you already go in with the fear of having killed yourself.