• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Scared I ruined my hard work by not watching doses today please help! Thanks so much

crisler

Bluelighter
Been tapering tramadol I accidentally took double dose today did I ruin taper??

Been tapering 10% weekly for 11 weeks this week is 35mg but I took 70 accidentally how bad did I fuck up taper???

A one time increase is not so bad, just make sure to go right back to where you were on your taper. It likely won't effect things too bad, worst case is slight discomfort for the next day or two but nothing you should t be able to handle if you even notice anything at all.

The biggest problem with something like this (for some people) is the realization that they can get away with the occasional high dose without much consequence. This can lead to screwing up the taper as the "occasional" high dose starts to happen more and more frequently and soon they are back to where they started.

So as long as you go go back down and avoid further mistakes you should be fine. It sounds like you've made great progress if your only taking 35mg per day, you'll likely be free and clear very soon. Keep up the good work. 👍

Also, as 35mg per day is pretty low, have you tried skipping your dose for a day or two? It might not be bad at all since you've already tapered so low, you may be able to just stop now without much discomfort. I can understand if you want to continue your taper all the way though, just throwing it out there.

It’ll be ok, I know the horror though of that fuck up personally. You may feel it a bit the next day or two but this won’t set you back too hard. Also your reaction is a good sign your on the right path ;)

-GC

Thank you so much guys that makes me feel 100x better I cried and everything I was hurt lol I hurt my own feelings w that screw up oh boy

Just reinitiate your taper. These things happen and we all make mistakes. Don't over-complicate. You are doing great and there is no reason to get down on yourself. Keif' up the good work!