• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Scared and starting to want to reach out for help..

In this case just stop taking all that. Most people i know of are taking that much apap are addicted to hydrocodone. But here since dph is otc i think if 2 benadyrl is the extent of your vice your in a heck of alot better shape than i am. I think the op is really beating themselves up here. You shouldnt have to put yourself on trial like in the movie the Wall for wanting to feel comfortable and not in pain. Your never going to live in a way that pleases everyone.

(* i get my alt ast levels checked for lithium . You can go to your doctor they can do a level then they can go from there until its back in range. )

I thought lithium was dangerous for your kidneys (besides your brain).

High liver enzymes (AST and ALT usually) are just diagnostic. They only say, "something's messing with your liver".

And yeah, that's how docs know "you're cured": find a marker, watch it go down or up "to normal".

My first pancreatitis bout, the usual marker was "in-range" and they didn't have the better test available. SO THEY SENT ME HOME. Because they couldn't know if I was getting better. I'm serious. They confirmed it with CT and ultrasound, but I guess it's too hard to follow "his pancreas is getting back to it's normal size and he's not writhing in agony now".

Bout two: well, now they have a lipase test, and "HOLY SHIT ADMIT NOW NOW STAT OR WTF, do we cut him open on the table doc?" That was an 8-day hospital stay, because they had a number to follow.

What isnt toxic to the brain? The bigger problem i saw was outpatient where kids would be persuaded to stop their antipsychotic mood stabilizers or antidepressants by their well meaning friends and family then feel great for about a week then coming in bandaged to the neck from cutting. Its kinda like aspirin is it damaging to just take probably. Is it important when used correctly at specific doses in certain people with cardiovascular problems, yes.

Fair enough, and kind of what I meant. Lithium just has a narrow therapeutic window, and can get quite toxic from just going on a ski vacation (high altitude).
Anti-psychotics can have some nasty side-effects, but I'm not saying people shouldn't take them.

It's just risk/benefit.
Aspirin is more of a risk for ulcers in some people, they might take ibuprofen for pain instead.

But acetominophen/Tylenol is not the best med for pain in the first place, not any better than ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, other COX inhibitors, and yet can do a lot of damage to your liver, or be fatal. Really it shouldn't be on the market at all, definitely not in combo pills.

But marketing means you've heard of, and want, Vicodin for your wisdom teeth. You say, WTF is Vicoprofen? It's on the market, generic, available, hydrocodone plus ibuprofen. Marketing and idiot junkies made you want the Tylenol-containing med.

OP had a headache and couldn't sleep, one Unisom (diphenhydramine) would help, but Johnson & Johnson thinks she should include a whole gram of their poison with it, half the daily limit--they seal two pills together in the blister pack. They really scored a marketing victory there, better than Coca-Cola.

Yeah I know what it feels like to not want to live. To have lost joy and purpose in things I used to love. Sometimes all you can do is just take that next breath.... keep yourself alive., and just make the next right choice. Slowly, you will find yourself again. But the answer isn't in using drugs. However, maybe you should consider getting on an anti depressant. That will help with your anxiety in the mean time --until the clouds part and the sun shows through, you'll realize "wow maybe I can do this..."

You'll be okay my friend.

Just because some antidepressants haven't worked for you don't give up on the process. They have to figure out what type you need and that can be a process in and of itself. It took years for me to get on the antidepressants that worked for me. Then I needed an antipsychotic as well. Now 10 years later I'm going to see if my meds can be tweaked as I'm sure I could be better. I too am concerned about your liver. I hope that you have seen a doctor. Don't give up on the process of finding antidepressants that work for you. When you finally get them rihht a huge weight will be lifted from your shoulders!

^ i second the motion in the ocean

only recently found the anti-d that sits well for me (duloxetine) after several years, 5 other anti-d's along with three anti-psyches and various benzos
there's a lot of trial and error, and there are some people for whom antidepressants may never work but don't give up until you ve gone down every avenue as the resuls can change your life infinitely to the better.

Ya man dont give up i went from being in icu just about on the yearly for a suicide attempt or drug overdose because i didnt care what i took to sitting here listening to lana del ray playing my guitar sitting outside pretty content. I dont feel like im a god or like my heart gunna explode from intensity but after the right meds i found on average i feel pretty ok with some pretty music whispering in my ear its ok and a guitar.

I'm sorry that I'm late to this one. OP, are you consuming this much because it's coupled with an Opioid or because you're in pain?

To recap this game of telephone:

I was wrong about the opiate.

2 x Tylenol PM
10 x 650mg Tylenol.

For just a week.
No antidepressants.

Liked the loopy antihistamine feeling.
Thought she was getting hooked on APAP.

Sorry I haven't replied in a while.. Haven't been feeling the best, kind of feel like I have the flu. Think Friday I will be going to get some blood test done like a couple of you suggested..

Thanks for all of your replies... I'll keep this updated.

To recap this game of telephone:

I was wrong about the opiate.

2 x Tylenol PM
10 x 650mg Tylenol.

For just a week.
No antidepressants.

Liked the loopy antihistamine feeling.
Thought she was getting hooked on APAP.

To be more precise..

2 x Tylenol PM at 500mg each
10 x 650 Tylenol each
Total amount 7500mg

And this dose each night for a week.

Rest of that is correct.

Are you taking two benadyrl that should make it so you cant even notice. Its like switching from sandwich with poison to the same sandwich with out the poison itll do the same thing once you swallow but is much less likely to kill you.

I've taken a blood test to test my liver. Results are somewhat higher than normal range according to the document. I have an appointment with my doctor in the morning to follow up.

Liver enzyme results, from what I can tell, are....

Bilirubin count 1.4 - Normal range 0.2 to 1.2
MCH 33.8 - Normal range 27.0 to 33.0

A couple others fall within the normal range but are almost at the high end range...

These were both in bold on the results form and of course I googled it a little... I need to stop assessing myself.... So now nervous again as to what it could mean... I also have been having a couple early stage signs as well like pain/major discomfort under my right ribs and diarrhea issues.. (sorry for the mental image)

Hopefully my doctor will calm me down and say there's nothing to really worry about....

AST and ALT were normal?

You are so totally fine.

You had some liver enzymes that are very slightly elevated, which means you were taking too much Tylenol. That's it, you should be happy!

You're next test should show everything in the normal range.
The diarrhea is from your anxiety, but everything's good.

This is not the liver damage you were worried about. Think of this like a sunburn that's already healed. You took a lot of Tylenol, your liver got a sunburn, and a little bit of skin flakes came off and that's what you see on your lab results. You can even get a little sun in the future, just not as much.

Understand that if I get drunk on the weekend, and tested a few days later, my enzymes are higher than yours?
When I've had a booze bender, by poop turns clay-colored because I don't make enough digestive enzymes?
I don't think the doctor would even bring your results to attention.

So no damage at all.

AND you stopped taking that much, right? Just straight Benadryl or Unisom if you can't sleep?

Good, life is OK for at least one person now.