• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SBS forum on party drugs

In other news, ive just received an email from Carol saying the show has been post-poned for a couple of weeks.

well it looks like ill be attending this program, i know jb and mac will be going , do we know who else by any chance?? from other org's for example

hey jb when are you and the others going up?? ill call you guys soon to see if we can meetup b4 hand :)

When is the episode going to be shown. I didn't think it was a live show. Unless i'm wrong. I don't want to miss it.

madmick19 said:
well it looks like ill be attending this program, i know jb and mac will be going , do we know who else by any chance?? from other org's for example
Actually JB will be handling the media side of things for Enlighten and therefore I will not be in attendance.

We will be taping at 7:30 on Monday 16 May, so guests will need to arrive no later than 7pm. We will organise and pay for people's travel.

Email from Sarah Gilbert
It has been changed back to the original date/time.

Waiting to hear on my inclusion

I spoke with Caroline about three weeks back now; I hope to have the opportunity to attend, but the date approaches and i've had no official OK.
Following the phone interview, which was pretty extensive and i was really open, she seemed to draw an odd distinction between those who just use psychostimulants while out partying, and those who (which I am in a current stage of - jeez, i'd like to see a record of how many different stages of what my fave drug and how i was using it at the time since joining bl 8o ) use the same drugs to work, or in my current case study and attempt to keep up with the 14-month old i care for (now if you could bottle their nerotransmitters and sell it ! $$ =D; although their moodswings r pretty intense) with my new fiance :D and go out partying when i can find a sitter.
That's a confusing paragraph with a lot jammed into it, but the short-story is Caroline conveyed the impression of wanting those using, as she states in her opening request party-drug and recreational drug users as opposed to someone using the same drugs for another purpose, even if some of the time that was, indeed, to party , and certainly has been the primary purpose for my use of them at different stages in the past. And, as i discussed with her on the phone, i think the whole term recreational drug users is confusing and potentially misleading anyway. If I use them two or three times a week - but on weekdays - is this any less fun (or recreational), or more dependent, than someone using them Friday-Saturday-Sunday?
I would have thought my CV - Ravesafe is 10 yrs old this month, as an interesting aside :D - would have earnt me a place on such a panel.
But if not, que sera. I have no doubt that JB and the Cowboy will do us proud. It would be nice but.
The last such forum i participated in was for 60 Minutes, where i was invited along with several other VIVAIDS staff, made to wait for hours, did get the opportunity to speak, along with a couple of other anti-prohibitionists, but was left, along with all similar comments on the cutting room floor. I'm sure we can expect better from Insight.

Last edited:
Redscout said:
When is the episode going to be shown. I didn't think it was a live show. Unless i'm wrong. I don't want to miss it.

I'm pretty sure they said at the end of tonights show that party drugs was the topic for next weeks show. Wasn't completly paying attention though, so I could be wrong.

Hi guys, i've also been 99.9% confirmed. As i'm in perth i will obviously be flying over. I don't actually know of anyone who is going. So if you are, any chance you could PM me, i would like to catch up with like minded ppl... :) and not being alone is a bonus!
cheers

I'm about 98% confirmed...still deciding wether or not to go!

Brand myself a as a drug user/supporter for life in australian culture or remain one of the shadows with no voice... :/

There is nothing more noble and more heart warming then standing up for what you believe nick. I dont know you but i know you will be there ;)

yeah nick you might as well brand yourself next to me and all the others :)

For those who are actually going, what substances do you take weekly? Or monthly.

e.g.

2 points of rock every weekend with about half a stick of weed...

Just curious to see the kind of drug users that are going on the show,
Im keen to see people who've taken substances such as 2cb,2ci..DMT, Salvia...etc not just the usual MDMA, Meth, Weed & LSD. And not people who take 1 pill every 3 months without using anything inbetween.

What an interesting thing to say.
But try to remember that they're looking at a broad range of users. So i reckon anyone with anythign of interest to say should be cool

I think they're silly to cap the age range at 30. The use of "party drugs" recreationally among us oldies is DEFINITELY on the rise ... and should probably be seen as a sign of the trend's acceptance in mainstream culture. Since people aren't stopping as they hit their older more "responsible" years, it could be said that recreational drugs are gaining the same kind of acceptance as alcohol.

Thats what i mean.

I personally don't think it should be called recreational drugs.

The word Recreational means so little.

Also, capping the age to 30, that is outright bullshit. No offence, but they're going to make it out to be like 'YOUNG PEOPLE ARE FRYING THEIR BRAINS' by leaving the older people at home.

Im pretty sure that around 70% of the meth users in my area are all 30+.
source: drive thru a certain suburb at 3 am on a saturday morning and you will notice alot of lights on :p:p:p.

The show should stress the differences in EVERY drug. Every drug is DIFFERENT. Grouping Amphetamines and Opiates into the same catergory is just outright silly...thats what the mainstream public do.

Im keen to see people who've taken substances such as 2cb,2ci..DMT, Salvia...etc not just the usual MDMA, Meth, Weed & LSD. And not people who take 1 pill every 3 months without using anything inbetween.
8)

I'll see you there...

well madmick19 and I are standing in the SBS foyer using their terminal waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive..

big and hearty kcuf you to those without the balls to stand up and reprezent

Last edited:
I just saw an ad on SBS advertising Insight on Tuesday, about drugs and other things, I'm not sure if this is the specific show, but it sounded like it... (check the TV guide to confirm this though)