Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Saturday Night Live or Kids in the Hall (merged)

SNL or KITH

• Saturday Night Live

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Kids in the Hall

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
the people have spoken....

SNL and KITH are equally bad, er, i mean great.

alasdair

Hi! my name is Jerry Sizler, and this is my sister.....jerry sizler!

bigjesustrashcan said:
This isn't really a question worth asking..........
a better one would be:

Best Sketch Comedy: Mr. Show or Kids in the Hall?

WURD!

nothing beats Dr. Retarded (props ot those who know that sketch)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh;)

Well, SNL has hade a much longer run so its hard to say. Early SNL (Golden Years) blew Kids out of the water. But, Kids was consistently better- they definitely have been better than SNL since they went on the air and even now. I mean, theres some really bad stuff on SNL the last five years.

I think they come out about equal, averaged out.

SNL definetely has longevity and starpower on it's side but I'd rather watch Mr. Show or The State reruns than the new SNL stuff

ehqme said:
But, Kids was consistently better- they definitely have been better than SNL since they went on the air and even now.

much easier to be consistent when your run is 1/5th as long.

let's look at it this way: what kind of good comedians have been featured on either show? you would have to be insane to think that KITH produced even 1/10th of the talent that SNL did.

SNL has had such a long run I don't think you can compare just generally "SNL" to Kids In The Hall. There were sections of years that SNL had where it was the fucking SHIT. The years with Chevy Chase and John Belushi and Steve Martin and Richard Pryor, etc. And then the early 90's I think with Farley and Myers and Sandler and Hartman were some of the best years as well.

The SNL nowadays SUCKS BALLS.

The State doesn't hold a candle to the Kids in the Hall, which in turn doesn't hold a candle to Mr.Show. "damn this counterculture, it's got me all bugaboo!"

Of course Kids In The Hall is gonna have more indie cred because their humor is so esoteric at times. There are a lot of KITH sketches that are not only not funny but not even supposed to be funny. Just sort weird and surreal and "what the fuck". Especially Bruce's stuff.
SNL is a much more traditional sketch comedy show. A lot of parodies and celebrity impersonations. IMO, there is no better sketch comedy than SNL on a good day. There is also no worse sketch comedy than SNL on a bad day.
There have been some pretty rough times. Like the 5th season when Belushi and Akroyd had left and poor Bill Murray was pretty much having to carry the show on his back. 6th season was so bad that they ended up firing the entire cast except for Eddie Murphy and Joa Piscopo.

My dream SNL line-up would be: Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Phil Hartman (best straight man ever), Eddie Murphy, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, Tina Fey, and Cheri Oteri.
On the subs bench would be Gilda Radner, Norm Macdonald, John Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, and Adam Sandler.
Weekend update would be co-hosted by Dennis Miller and Tina Fey.

Never rated John Belushi personally. While Bill Murray has a lot of funny movies, he was not that great of a sketch comedian. Ditto Chris Rock. Excellent comedian, not cut out for sketch comedy. I loath Will Ferrel. He's not funny at all.

I had no idea they aired The Kids in the Hall outside of Canada.

I'm crushing your head!

Of course Kids In The Hall is gonna have more indie cred because their humor is so esoteric at times.

There are a lot of KITH sketches that are not only not funny but not even supposed to be funny.

Just sort weird and surreal and "what the fuck".

Especially Bruce's stuff.

SNL is a much more traditional sketch comedy show.

A lot of parodies and celebrity impersonations.

IMO, there is no better sketch comedy than SNL on a good day.

There is also no worse sketch comedy than SNL on a bad day.

There have been some pretty rough times.

Like the 5th season when Belushi and Akroyd had left and poor Bill Murray was pretty much having to carry the show on his back.

6th season was so bad that they ended up firing the entire cast except for Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo.

My dream SNL line-up would be: Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Phil Hartman (best straight man ever), Eddie Murphy, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, Tina Fey, and Cheri Oteri.

On the subs bench would be Gilda Radner, Norm Macdonald, John Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, and Adam Sandler.

Weekend update would be co-hosted by Dennis Miller and Tina Fey.

Never rated John Belushi personally.

While Bill Murray has a lot of funny movies, he was not that great of a sketch comedian.

Ditto Chris Rock.

Excellent comedian, not cut out for sketch comedy.

I loath Will Ferrell.

He's not funny at all.

I know you don't need me to tell you this, EA, but I hereby decree that you, Sir, know your fucking comedy.