• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

sativa v indica

tunesey

Bluelighter
hi guys I have the option of getting some indica today. I have never tried it before and smoke cannabis very rarely. Usually it gives me anxiety but thats with the sativa strain is there much difference between the two. I have some benzos to combat the anxiety this time but can someone tell me the difference in the two types of weed please I want to give it a go so what is the difference.

India types are usually more sedating or relaxing high, or you may find it difficult to move or don't want to move, and a high that's less energetic/psychedelic like Sativa types give.

But I've heard that most cannabis/hash these days or good cannabis anyway, is a hybrid of both.

Most indoor grown bud is either indica or a hybrid because they're shorter & faster flowering plants with a better yield grown indoors. Indica just means Indian. Indica & sativa are a bit meaningless unless you're growing or breeding it. The anxiety might disappear at higher doses or with regular use, or with some different types of weed, higher CBD types might cure it.

There are actually different species(not being argumentative just a passionate plant science major!):
cannabis sativa, cannabis indica and cannabis ruderalis.

Sativa originates in tropics like Jamaica, has a long flowering period thin leaves and light green scraggly plants. It has psychedelic properties causes uplifting buzz and often anxiety.

indica In afghanistan area, short flower period with higher yields and a single cola growth habit with dark green thicker leaves. Causing munchies sedation and painkilling effects.

Ruderalis in Russia, auto flowering(doesn't need a certain light/dark period like the rest) low thc very short and slightly scraggly. It's aka ditch weed in the USA

Last edited:
I love both, but mainly prefer Indica. I currently have more Sativa than Indica so I've been hitting the Sativa more. It's caused insomnia the last few nights.

I also find watching movies/tv to not be fun on Sativa. My mind ends up thinking about other shit and have have no idea what i going on and I have to rewatch shit constantly. I don't get that with Indica's; however they can knock me out quick; thus another rewatch lol.

Hybrids are nice because they are the best of both worlds if you find the right strain. Basically finding the right balance.

Variety is the spice of life. Have fun exploring!

They just have different plant and growing structures. The high is determined by how developed the trichomes are. I don't buy into the indica sativa difference thing too much. I've had so many types of weed with all different effects, no sense to any of it except when the crystals are clear, it's a energetic high and when they are closer to amber, it's a sedating high.

I try to find the right grower rather than the right strain.

I am an indica man myself as I can be prone to anxiety even after all of these years of smoking. not to say I do not enjoy smoking sativa too I just prefer the more sedating effects you get from an indica strain.

Sativa that hits hard as fuck! To hell with that couchlock stuff.

Indica all the way. Every sativa i have ever tried but one just felt weak and wore off too fast (i live in uk and here sativa is rare and nearly always shit) Indicas on the other hand have had me stoned for hours barely moving, super bad dry mouth but don't want to drink anything cause it will ruin the high. Hindu Kush best ive ever had only needed one bucket (grav bong) and couchlock for hours. Couchlock is what i smoke for <3

Indica all the way. Every sativa i have ever tried but one just felt weak and wore off too fast (i live in uk and here sativa is rare and nearly always shit) Indicas on the other hand have had me stoned for hours barely moving, super bad dry mouth but don't want to drink anything cause it will ruin the high. Hindu Kush best ive ever had only needed one bucket (grav bong) and couchlock for hours. Couchlock is what i smoke for

Last edited:
Indica all the way. Every sativa i have ever tried but one just felt weak and wore off too fast (i live in uk and here sativa is rare and nearly always shit) Indicas on the other hand have had me stoned for hours barely moving, super bad dry mouth but don't want to drink anything cause it will ruin the high. Hindu Kush best ive ever had only needed one bucket (grav bong) and couchlock for hours. Couchlock is what i smoke for

It all comes down to personal preference...I on the other hand like the Cerebral effects and dont want to be couchlocked. But, I do like a good hybrid, so I do get some Indica effects. Blue Dream, Chiesel, Pineapple Express, Blue Cheese, are all great..Although an Indica late at night is good for me. Any Kush strain or Blueberry is good..

Kush is a gift from God... Pain relief (bad back pain) Nice high but a balanced one, not over thinking at all just in the moment chilling. Indicas ftw

Kush is a gift from God... Pain relief (bad back pain) Nice high but a balanced one, not over thinking at all just in the moment chilling. Indicas ftw

Depending on where you are and which one it is your kush is most likely a hybrid. Unless its a pure hindu kush strain. The OGs and the like apparently have some sativa in them to improve the high. If it works for you though who cares what the genetics are as long as you can locate it.

I couldn't really say I like one over the other. Some hybrids have a really balanced stone but some are just too much. Some pure sativas are also way too strong for me also but some are just right. For me I like it to be well balanced and dont care if its wide leaf or narrow.

Sativa and I don't get along. So much anxiety that no amount of benzos can kill it.

I've got some Pre 97 bubba kush that's almost pure CBD and I've got some 98 that's pretty low CBD but they're both Indica and I enjoy a hit here or there. Blueberry is my all time favorite strain. In high school, Maui Wowie was my favorite strain. Although back then I didn't ever find a strain I disliked.

Everyone I know IRL prefers sativa, but so far the majority in this thread prefer indica. Maybe all us indica-loving folks are just more prone to hanging out inside chilling on the internet :D