• Indica

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Papaverium

Bluelighter
Which do you prefer, and why? :)

I prefer Indicas because they are a lot nicer on my anxiety and help me sleep.

This day and age, "CBD" is considered to be a strain group exactly like sativa, indica and hybrid.

With that said, CBD, indica, sativa and hybrid strains all have their place and time.

I like sativa's in the morning, hybrids in the afternoon, indica's in the evening and CBD's at night.

Maybe add a couple more options to the poll?

I voted indica. I like indica dominant hybrids as well, sativas don't really do it for me.

if we're honest then I think everyone would be voting hybrid because no one is smoking on pure strains these days. Maybe indica or sativa dominant but pure sativa or indica are like unicorns these days.

There's a huge variation in all of them tbh.

For the people who prefer indica, try a CBD strain sometime...you'll probably fall in love.

when I'm partying or whatever sativas and hybrids are my strains of choice. When I'm just chilling indicas are immensely better especially for the body high.

Hybrid all the way, baby!

I like to be surprised by my high. %)

Once I learn firsthand what kind of high each of my bags in my stash produce, though, I'll make sure that the sleepy buds are for when I just want to chill out, watch TV and say "Hey world, fuck you, buddy."

Uppity, high-energy buds (associated with sativa), no bullshit, I like to read books, play video games, and those buds are the only ones I'll bring to a social session. Too many of my friends are multiple drug users like myself (typically downers) and I can't stand when a mother fucker just smoked your weed with you and can't be assed to hold a conversation because of the addition of the sedating weed high.

Alone? I'll take what-fucking-ever for real. I really like to mix strains with seemingly contradictory effects. Normally leads to a really surprising high, especially when I've got a pretty consistent 5g-7g of mixed kief to add into my bowls on a whim.

I.... I don't think I answered the question, really. Fuck it, though, you guys are gonna read my essay and you're going to enjoy it, and hopefully not talk shit about my rambling-onnedness.

personally I really have no preference as long as it is a high THC strain. The rest is all part of the fun.

Hybrids for socializing indicas for being at home couch bound with munchies. I voted hybrid.

Its funny because I honestly don't even pay much attention to the indica/sativa thing anymore, I just figure they're mostly hybrids these days. I tend to think of it more in terms of indoor or outdoor strains. Growing a dedicated indica or sativa crop is a real bitch so I doubt most people have even been around anything but hybrids in a long time. That being said, I certainly won't smoke any kush if I plan on leaving my couch.

Sativa grows big and has a really long cycle, but as such it has a higher resistance to moisture and mold. Whereas indica is shorter with big fat buds that are really prone to mold problems, but indica also has a shorter cycle than sativa, although for some reason kush strains also have a long cycle like sativa but are extremely sensitive to moisture problems, kush is really only practical to grow in an indoor environment, unless you live somewhere like arizona where it's hot and dry well into october. I think in general the climate in north america is much better for growing sativa than indica, but indica has much bigger, harder and stickier buds and it has the characteristics that most people perceive as "chronic" so most growers are making hybrids with the size and resiliency of a sativa, but still trying to retain the look and flavor of an indica. ideally you would have a hybrid that has big sticky hard buds and finishes early like an indica, but still has the size and mold resistance of a sativa. I know indica strains came from the middle east, which explains why they do better in hot and dry environments, but I assume the sativa strains must have originated somewhere with a damper climate.

I honestly have respect and appreciation for sativas, indicas and hybrids. There's really not one which is better than the others, just different, but of course a hybrid has the potential for exhibiting the best characteristics of both, and I doubt most people have ever smoked a pure indica or sativa. Hybrids just make more sense from a horticultural standpoint, so aside from an indoor grower who specializes in boutique strains, there is very little weed in circulation that isn't a hybrid. Even the OG Kush and Sour Diesel and have probably been hybridized in order to be more mold resistant. Those two strains are so popular, but 99% of the time they are grown from clones and the plants are really sickly and pathetic little things, versus a sativa based strain like blue dream that grows like a weed without any maintenance and ends up yielding 5 lbs per plant.

love the muscle relaxant feel of a nice indica but usually lean more towards sativa-heavy phenos that aren't so incapacitating.

Sativa is my favourite. Nevilles Haze is my personal favourite though i dont smoke anymore.

There are pure indicas, but as far as I know there are no pure sativas which are cultivated. There are wild strains but they aren't very strong.

Found out recently that ruderalis is very high in CBD, but it doesn't respond to the 12/12 cycle. It takes 9 months to grow, and exactly 9 months. It can't be forced sooner.

I prefer CBD myself, as an extract. Sativas make me heady and neurotic. Indicas make me uncomfortable because usually I can't move so I feel trapped in my body. The only time I enjoy sativas is when I'm in nature or in a high energy environment like a festival.

Weed has never put me to sleep, ever, so a strong indica is quite useless.

^ You are totally wrong about how long cannabis ruderalis takes to grow. Ruderalis is an autoflower and generally has a very short veg period before flowering kicks in. The hash marijuana & hemp museum states ruderalis can complete it's cycle in as little as 10 weeks, which is obviously well short of 9 months.

You are correct that ruderalis doesn't respond to light cycle, this is because ruderalis flowers purely on plant maturity in terms of age, whereas cannabis generally flowers based on photoperiod. This fact actually makes the average ruderalis take less time to grow (although the plants are generally quite small) when compared to indica or sativa. Unless you are running a SOG style grow you generally want to give plants a longer veg time than autoflowers have before they start flowering.

I prefer CBD myself, as an extract.
An interesting thing about extracts, is that a CBD extract does not necessarily have to come from a CBD strain, although it helps.

There's a ton of CBD strains you can google to find.

Even though i don't/cant smoke bud anymore, when i did though i loved a good hybrid, indica dominant strain, or maybe at the most a 50/50 strain if thats all i could get, i liked sativa to a extent don't get me wrong but, anything too sativa would make me anxious, jittery, fast heart rate, over think, felt the need to be busy, over power my meds, mind fuck me, and when i smoke im just trying to chill and relax, not do stuff and think and if i smoked it in the day when the sun was bright it was like a very very mild mushroom trip, i would see things, colors would be super bright and i tend to have gotten headaches alot more off mostly sativa strains, plus there usualy always rather leafy and the buds are to fluffy or loose for me although some sativa strains are bomb as hell and some have great flavors/scents that indicas dont, i just aint a huge sativa guy.. Indicas or indica dominant strains on the other hand went perfect with me, i would sit down, chill, they made playing games alot better, i felt more at peace, they made my pain go away, they made my stress go away, just made me happier, gave me more of a appetite, combined alot better with my meds i have to take, and had more euphoria but, maybe that was just me plus they had way denser/tighter nugs, which i prefer, i had a small/medium sized jar i liked to use and if i grabbed a quarter of sativa i couldn't fit it all in there most of the time, and the indicas usually but, not all the time, have a stronger/louder smell and very little leaf and a better taste and burn better in my opinion and they finish quicker and seem more available here but, as somebody else mentioned, the only prob with indicas are the mold/moisture factor, gotta make sure you air out your jar daily if you got some nice dense nugs in there and if your growing it you gotta be extra carefull, bottom line anything indica dominant from 60/40 on up but perferably more around 70/30 or 80/20 but id settle for a perfectly balanced strain..

Last edited: