• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sassafras tea (saloop) effects

Once I tried and make a simple water infusion of about 30 g Sassafras, actually it didn't taste that bad most plant drugs are known for (Calea, nutmeg, Cactii). No effects whatsoever, though I didn't loose any sleep over the 3$ I paid.

bloodpromise said:
´

These where bought in the only smartshop i've ever known of here in stockholm, sweden, but it doesn't exist any more:(

I think they where made from a sassafras extract.

I hope that it didn't sound as though I were asking for exact sources, that is against the guidelines and I am well aware of it. I was just wondering the country or area.

As I stated before, safrole is illegal, and in what country/area is it not? I hope that is not against the guidelines.

I do not believe that stating "smartshops... in stockholm, sweden, but it doesn't exist any more:( " would be against any rules. That is quite a wide span of area to list.

And sorry to the mods, if I caused any trouble with my prior post.

i drank the tea, and might or might not have noticed anything, if i did it was very mild sense of well being and quetness. No hangover( as from nutmeg ).

Juggalotus said:
I do not believe that stating "smartshops... in stockholm, sweden, but it doesn't exist any more:( " would be against any rules. That is quite a wide span of area to list.

And sorry to the mods, if I caused any trouble with my prior post.

I did not think it was against the rules either, and so, I'm sorry if i caused You any troubles Juggalotus:\

Since someone said something about adding safrole to the tea, or using sassafras oil...

You should be aware that, in the US at least, ordering sassasfras oil from pretty much anywhere is HIGHLY suspicious. Inquiring about safrole from anywhere that has a clue could/will draw serious heat. Safrole is a List I chemical (used to make x, and other novel things). Bear this in mind if you have stuff laying around at your place or have legal troubles, etc, as such a purchase will probably be investigated to some degree.

Also, file (sassafras leaves) has no appreciable amount of safrole. I believe the compound most abundant in the oil found in the leaves is eugenol.

Last edited:
Safrole is NOT illegal to posess however. The DEA might give you a call asking why you bought pure safrole, but if you don't participate in illegal activity, it's perfectly legal to purchase List I chemicals as an individual. The only restriction on these chemicals is that you're required by law to report all sales of the chemicals to the DEA if you sell them.

a friend bought 1lb of bark back in high school, tried making a tea from it a couple of times and felt a slight almost neglible effect from it. so far so good on the cancer though.

The reported carcinogenic effects are probably exaggerated in an effort to keep the oil and/or safrole out of people's hands. Sassafras trees grow wild all over Arkansas (where I dwell), and I know people who have made and consumed the tea all their lives basically, to no ill effect. This includes people in their late 70's.

In the northwestern parts of AR, you can somtimes find it being sold at homegrown-produce shops/stands.

Nutmeg has myristicin in it, and it will affect you. It is generally regarded as unpleasant. I think the reason a lot of kids (since they are the ones typically eating it) don't get any effects is because they are eating really old ground nutmeg from the spice rack at the store, and that they are not eating enough. I don't really know anything about the stability of the chemical, but fresh stuff seems to be the preference. Also, even if you are only eating like 4 tablespoons or whatever the dose is.... thats a lot of nutmeg to eat. I imagine people under-dose all the time.

I don't know what you were smoking, but nobody was talking about nutmeg. :)

I grew up in south eastern pa where sas grows everywhere. My friend dana would cut about ten seedlings and peel the bark from roots and stems, then boil it up with about a gallon of water and a cup or two of sugar and chill it. Or boil it down thick and mix with cold club soda, it tastes exactly lile root beer and does get you a little high. Mild euphoria, even you drank a lot it is a very mild buzz, similar to maybe doing 1/50 gm mdma. If you can feel coffee, you will feel this. Was nicer than nutmeg.

my grandma in vermont made the same tea along with a whole lot of other herbal brews. she was a living encyclopedia of herbalism and folk medicine type things. i'm sure she was aware of a whole lot more than i ever imagined.
-izzy

Why would it be psychoactive? Without a nitrogen, it's not going to be binding to any receptors. Unless you're going to being making MDMA, just forget about it.

I don’t care if this shit is old, you could still be alive, a user of this forums, and ignorant. A drugs psycho activity isn’t depended on it having a nitrogen group. If what you said is true then cannabis and ethanol wouldn’t be a thing.