Sasha VS Digweed

demon-d in the 3 yrs that i lived in chicago it was always behind the rest of the electronic dance music scene. it takes everyone a period of adjustment and chicago just hasn't even done the club/euro trance thing to death yet. so i doubt ppl are quite ready to move on yet. unforunate for dj's but thats the truth.
------------------
" well oiled dark house ... mean , selfish grooves show off some emotion while motorised funk shakes a silver clad ass , and shivery melodies reach for the stars " -dom phillips global underground 019

i am lucky enough to hear these two guys live every month at twilo, recently sasha has taken some time off for production work, so digweed has done it alone and delievered, his programming of his sets is unreal, he is thinking of like 4 or 5 tracks ahead of the one he is playing, diggers plays some dark and evil shit!!

How the fuck can u say FERGIE in the same sentence as Sasha when talking about quality music?
Right on E-xist
------------------
"To start press any key. Where's the any key?" - Homer J. Simpson
...I can't sleep. Something's all over me. Greasy, insomnia please release me and let me dream. About makin' mad love on the heath, tearin' off tights with my teeth...
- Maxi Jazz
[This message has been edited by Squirrel6362 (edited 25 February 2001).]

Ex-fuckin-scuse me E-xist. I haven't got a musical listening ear? Sorry, I've been playing guitar since I was about 14 years old. In addition, my major is audio production so I damned well better have a musical ear or else I'm going to go broke once I graduate college. Also consider the fact that I spin mainly trance, and I usually keep my hard house down at 140-145 bpm.
The fact that Fergie is so well liked proves that many many many people are into higher bpm music. Personally, I like the fucked up hoover and other sounds in hard house. Shit, Yomanda is one of my favorite artists, and most of his shit is around 138 bpm.
Finally, please please please don't generalize people into one fucked up group based on musical preference. That is utter bullshit. I personally despise hardcore, be it happy or not, but I sure as hell don't crucify others for liking it.
------------------
Jonathan
Bottled at the CG Roxanne Source at California's Mount Shasta
CG Roxanne, Weed, CA 96094

20394802934802938402398x love nsync.. thats not saying a whole lot there.
------------------
" well oiled dark house ... mean , selfish grooves show off some emotion while motorised funk shakes a silver clad ass , and shivery melodies reach for the stars " -dom phillips global underground 019

E-xist you fuckin piece of shit! were do you get off saying i dont love deep trance you fuck! Did i say i play anthem garbage,no and i never did. I play trance but i dont stick to one sub-genre and be a close minded idiot like yourself. I mainly play either Deep Trance or Hard Trance..and no not that crap Nu NRG style. I play labels like Tracid Traxx, Overdose, Underground,Flashtraxx, etc. If you have any musical knowledge then youll now the style. Im kinda sad though that even Hook Records went Deep. I love all the Deniro and Lawrence tracks. nice dark epic choons!
PS. ohe yea, bite me asshole!

Yo E-xist, i agree with all of your post accepting the part where you dissed Demon... he was comming out to support the deep sound. Believe it or not there are tracks that marry the hard sound with the deep. Im going to stand with demon on this one when i say, if youre going to dis kids who like a 'harder faster sound' dis the kids who like durade and all that other pop shit.
Im a Mod, yet Im powerless to quench these little spats... woe is me.
To get back on track, Im very slightly more prone to liking Diggers rather than Sasha, cuz hes got a more "sign of the times" progressive house sellection; while Sasha seems to throw down tracks that are most likely to weird you out and keep you guessing. On the other hand, Diggers is sometimes a bit TOO housey for my taste... So i guess that puts me in the middle.. NEVERMIND!!
I like Dave Seaman, Anthony Pappa, and Sandra!!!! and potatoes!! hehe..
smile.gif

------------------
Bluelight_pimps up in this mutha fuckin hizzouse...
[This message has been edited by AcidBurn (edited 25 February 2001).]

I think that digweeds housy sets are kick ass! I really dont like the new GU019 though.
I think digweed back in 98' was the baddest dj i ever heard. did any of you guys hear or have his live @ Chemistry,amsterdam 98' set....all i gotta say is wow! every damn track is better then the other.

ooooooooooooo, i have struck a nerve havent I. didnt i say i was sorry for what i said somewhere in my post?.
just that the fergie thing got me mad!!. u dont realise how UK hard house pissses me off!!. As for hard trance, i dont mind this as it has more depth to it than Hard House.
I think the reason why sasha and digweed are playing mainly house these days, is because trance is going downhill over here in the uk!!. dont know if its still in over in the US?.
and lets face it, they try out all their new sets techniques etc, on the british crowd before unleashing it accross the world!
demon-D, I never said u dont like like deep trance!!.
anyway, im happy a few of u hated my words!. there is no point in arguing is there.
P.S KISS.......
------------------
The journey never ends!!!

Jesus, you hate uk hard house that much huh? All about personal taste...enjoy what you like and dont get so caugh up in what other people like...know what I mean? I like hard progressive the most anyways...say what you will!
------------------
Roll safe and dance like it's goin outta style

oh come on Demon-D, you know the only music you listen to and play out is all by Hybrid. I know you love those guyz.
wink.gif

------------------
(¯`·._(Lane)_.·´¯)
"Music defines time." -DJ Psydel

E-xist:
That stinks that trance is over the hill in the UK. It's still on the rise over here in the states, but we haven't been listening to it as long as you guys. When UK DJs started spinning trance, we were still stuck on NY House.
------------------
Jonathan
Bottled at the CG Roxanne Source at California's Mount Shasta
CG Roxanne, Weed, CA 96094

hahaha i guess you know how much i hate them.
lately ive been downloading lots of diffrent trance breaks tracks and mixes. im trying to get into it but it just aint working.
I love electro though . the only track i can say i like that is in the trance break catagory is "Velodrome TV"