Sasha VS Digweed

Dammithree11

Bluelighter
I'm starting to think that Digweed is so much better of a DJ than Sasha. I mean Sasha is definitely good and better than average but compared to Digweed, hands down Digweed is better.
How does everyone feel about this? Agree or Disagree?

I am going along with you on this Digweed does seem better than Sasha, they are awesome together. That other omega dude is an ass. He must not like trance or something. Spread the word!
------------------
<plur>

To underscore at least you could of went along with the whole thing and mentioned which one you hated more but that's cool that you took the time to say they both suck. You do realize that you just opened the door to get a lot of negative posts directed towards you..........my question is why?

He must not like trance or something.
LMFAO!! Your musn't assume so readily things you obviously don't have a clue about. I love trance, I spin trance.. if you are in Philly, come to Motion night club on May 11th to hear me play some.
As for why I don't like Sasha and DW, well it's rather complex. However, I will simply state that I don't like what they play, I don't like. I have nothing against them personally nor do I think they lack any specific skill at DJing and keeping their respective crowds entertained.
To all my BL headz that I put D with the info about me spinning at Motion tonite, I have been bumped to a later date (Above). Over booking of "real" talen was sited as the issue
[This message has been edited by underscore_omega (edited 23 February 2001).]

digweed really comes on top because of his total consistancy. he's out there week after week dropping mean beats seperating himself from what is becoming pretty fad.. progressive dj's (hate to say it but i told u all.. progressive wasgonna take off). you cant expect nothing but 'the best' from john digweed. as for sasha.. when he does play out and is in top form.. there is none better.
------------------
" well oiled dark house ... mean , selfish grooves show off some emotion while motorised funk shakes a silver clad ass , and shivery melodies reach for the stars " -dom phillips global underground 019

I haven't had the pleasure to hear Sasha spin live, only Digweed. CD's can't compare to the effects of a live set.
Just recently I've been exposed to Digweed and I have to say, WOW. The new GU-019 is amazing, if you're into HOUSE at least.
I'm trying w/ all my might to go to Twilo tonight for the album release party.
The last time I saw Digweed, he spun 9yr's straight and had the crowd bouncing off walls.
my dos centavos.

Why are we still questioning S&D. Hands down, they are the kings of the decks. There are no ifs, ands, or buts. If you haven't heard an extended LIVE set (not a download, not a CD, not a bootleg mix of your best friend's brother's uncle who lives in east bumblefuck), but a live 8 hr voyage in a deep dank sweatbox, then your all kidding yourselves and missing out on where the sound of today's music is - AND HEADING.
You can read all the charts you want, you can search napster till your blue in the face and until the plug gets pulled on you, you can scour every vinyl store from here to eternity, but you'll never see evolution in motion until you've caught a live and upfront mindfuck from these two wizards.....
I'm antsy, diggers GU release 2NITE, and I'm done my rant.
Period.

well put Sinthetic!!. you have to experience the magic on the dancefloor!!!.
Progressive has become the IN sound at the moment, But there are loads of people who are only hearing the average parts!!. I know loads of people who say they like progressive, but Have never ever gone out their way to experience either of these guys!!
Its all about the journey and only theses two can give u one in my opinion!!!
Bring On Fabric next Month!!!!!
------------------
The journey never ends!!!

i guess it's a matter of personal preference. sasha yanks my chain harder than digweed does.digweed may ahve technical skill and crowd pleasing abilities. but the music sasha puts together, i feel, is more heartfelt and complete when put together: to tell a complete and sensible story.
cheers
puta

I can't believe somebody said they spin "trance" and don't like sasha/digweed! Wow. They (especially Digweed) have the best programmed sets I've heard, along with the newest,unreleased tracks. There aren't any progressive dj's that even come close. They are the masters of the genre. Period.

I can't believe somebody said they spin "trance" and don't like sasha/digweed! Wow. They (especially Digweed) have the best programmed sets I've heard, along with the newest,unreleased tracks. There aren't any progressive dj's that even come close. They are the masters of the genre. Period.

Sasha and Digweed are both Quality Dj's, but unfortunately lately they have been playing more house than trance. They still go off, but not like they used to.
------------------
"I do not regret the things I have done, only those I did not do!" - Lucus (Empire Records)

I have to say I'm with Omega on this one. Their style is way too laid back for me...interesting to listen to but not stuff that makes me go off like a bomb. I need energy for maximum enjoyment. Im not saying I dont like either it's just that I cant understand all to well why so many people like their sound so much. But if I have to choose I would say Digweed because from what I have heard of both...Digweed seems to have a darker sound...remember I'm saying from what I've heard of both.
------------------
Roll safe and dance like it's goin outta style

I with RushingRococcoo. I had the "pleasure" to see Sasha and Digweed on new years and was somewhat let down. The only trance I can remember from the set was Xpander and a wierd mix of Heaven Scent. Otherwise it was a very housey set with very little treble to speak of.
------------------
There is no spoon.

I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one who needs lots of energy in my sets. This is why Fergie has shot up to the top 10 (out of the DJMag Top 100 List) in one year. The kid's only 21 years old, but he spins UK hard house, and people love it!
------------------
Jonathan
--"That's Willy time."

I seen Digweed live here in Chicago in November and i was disapointed. I think Digweed is alot better though i only heard live sets from Sasha on cd's. I dont understand it how many people on the net love the deep trance/house sound but here in Chicago whenever i through down a phatass deep set it looks as if 80% of the crowd is dead. i can only get away playing deep trance in specific places were they like more slower stuff but then again 90% of Chicago is in on the bandwagon progressive anthem crap (alicedeejay,fragma,aguagen.etc).
When i do play a deep set i always get respect from the deep tranc fans and they give me props all the time.

TO THE ONES WHO WANT ENERGY..........
IF U RELY ON HIGH BPM'S TO SOAK ENERGY FROM A TUNE, IM AFRAID U ARE MUSICALY IMATURE!!!
Dance music is not about banngin tunes over 140 BPM!!.. fuck it , im gonna write it as i would say it!!
I hate people who say this shit!!. u havent got a musical listening ear!. U must have some kind of filter in your ears, and can only hear the bass kicks!!. no wonder u require high BPM
Another thing FERGIE PISSES ME RIGHT OFF AS DOES UK HARD HOUSE!!. its just plain shit!!!!
majority of peole who like this music dont know jack shit about quality music. they just go round all day bouncing up and down like spastics on speed cussing proper dance music (most other genres bar UK hard house).
and finally to Demon-D, if u havent got a passion for deep prog, why bother playing it!!. u must be fuckin stupid, or just lame on the decks. would u have been better off playing Alice deejay?.....probably, after all there is LOADS OF ENERGY IN THAT ONE!!!!!!
I have no probs with people's preference in music, but just dont say stupid shit like this energy thing!!
I could feel more energy from a deep house set than most people feel to hard house. But just because its nott as bangin, MOST DUMB FUCKS WOULDNT REALISE THIS THO BECAUSE DEEP MUSIC IS JUST SHIT ISNT IT!!!
im sorry about this, just that I live in uk Hard house capital AND IT REALLY GETS ON MY TITS!!
sasha and digweed must feel the same as me, and piss their pants when they hear this crap!!
How the fuck can u say FERGIE in the same sentence as Sasha when talking about quality music?
ARE U A COMEDIAN?
------------------
The journey never ends!!!
[This message has been edited by E-xist (edited 24 February 2001).]
[This message has been edited by E-xist (edited 24 February 2001).]