• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

SANDOZ FENT PATCHES --NO LONGER AVAILABLE ? AT ALL IN USA ??? AS OF 12/1/12 (help)

skippy321

Greenlighter
IT has always cost more and I have always jumped through hoops for the sandoz and my favorite brand for pain relief without any w/d --- it sticks perfect / great size ... etc ..

I ordered from pharmacy last week and went to pick up today and they substituted with a new brand never heard of ---- the newest one out thur so I didnt take it --- But I had my pharmacy and every other one in 50 mile radius call suppliers and no one can get --- some say back order and others dont know ?

I was going crazy cause I dont know what I should use / what manufacturer ? --- I had luck with Watson for a while / gel type -- but then sandoz with 16.8mg 100mcg came out n worked too perfect in every way

Mylan and others I have tried are almost like having nothing on ?

I actually called the Sandoz USA headquarters and the Canada Sandoz and both were very polite but stated they are no longer shipping or manufacturing as of now --- ?
I just couldnt believe it ---- (and right around the holidays .... just great ! )
They also had no reason they could give out and no future date of releasing the product ---- one rep said they may be taking off market completely !
oh no !

Does anyone have more info or any ideas ?

plus anyone have advice of what works well for them ? im in a pickle it seems ..... - I have been on due to cancer for 6 years now ---- a change like this is tough ? any advice I appreciate -- n great karma ! thx
bless
peace n respect

has anyone been able to refill sandoz matrix anywhere this month ? if yes where please .... if not ....... what are you using as a substitute my friends ?

thank u in advance for any info ..

respect

we don't do brand name discussion on this site, moreover we don't discuss drug sourcing either, sorry

if you're having no luck with the adhesive then you can try something like a piece of tape over them. for example there are waterproof patches available from pharmacies.

personally i never had luck with any tape nor even saran wrap around the patch to keep the adhesive stuck which was the determining factor of me jumping off them when i did and onto morphine.

as for your pharmacy problems, well, that's something we can't really help you with and this isn't the forum for discussing those sorts of issues.

^I had a question about adhesives and someone very kindly PMed me with a great suggestion: put a Tegaderm on top over the patch, so long as the tegaderm is larger than the patch will be golden. Have used saran wrap, scotch tape, even goddamned duct tape one time when out of scotch tape and was afraid the patch would get screwed up if left in the air while I went to the store, but so far as an additional adhesive over the patch tegaderms worked perfectly.

OD===> NASADD

But remember, no specific sourcing on what pharmacies will fill what script.. or this will be closed over there.

Tell your doctor that none of the fentanyl patches you can get from the pharmacies are going to work for you. There's probably something else he can prescribe you.

Im sorry I didnt know about brand mentioning --- ( i am surprised there really isnt any forums that discuss generic and other actual brands ... ? who monitors this aside our great govt ? lol -- )

anyway thx for accepting my mistake ---- n thx 4 all advice --

after 10 years i still have issues with sticking ---- a cover -- is the best -- thx lots n lots -- it has helped but of course extra money ...

peace n respect -

to change subject out of brand ----

any one have luck after long term on patches switching to a pill er ? How has everyones luck been -- any new extended release on the horizon that may help ?

after all this time of course im nervous about switchin

100mcg fenyt patch every 48 hours
15mg oxyir 4-6 hours for bt ..

I have noticed that several people have suggested using tape or tegaderm to keep patches on. This might help, but in my case the problem is controlling the pain. I agree with skippy321 about jumping through hoops to keep a particular brand for my use. Other patches just don't control the pain (nor do they stay on without the use of tegaderm). Also, if you read the instructions with these patches, they advise NOT using tegaderm on them because it can cause a more rapid release of the medication into your system. Personally, I don't want to have to tape 4 sides of a patch down, nor do I want to wear a patch that doesn't control my pain. I have called the corporation in question & received the same answers as others .. they just don't know. I am now researching my options as to how to keep my pain under control. If I find anything, I'll share it with you.

Last edited: