View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Cactus & Mescaline Questions

Shaylum

Greenlighter
I am very new to this site, so please excuse me if I don't necessarily follow the "rules and guidelines".
I recently purchased 2 San Pedro Cacti clones from Home Depot. Specifically Trichocereus pachanoi. One of them is about 10" and the other is about 7". How would i go about finding a decent dosage for a first time. Ive had experience with 25i and LSA but no other psychedelics. I don't understand how people come up with the dosages of "200mg". Because all i have is the actual cactus, nothing else. Ive heard that cooking 8-12 inches of the cactus is enough for a good trip but I'm not quite so sure. I also want to trip before this summer ends. (ends on august 18th for me). So i don't want to let it grow for too long. Also do new clones, such as the ones i bought, already contain mescaline? How do you think i should go about with determining a decent dosage for me? I know i won't get a perfect dosage but i want a decent enough dosage for a first time. Also does mescaline dilate pupils? I plan on just cutting off the needles of the cactus, then cutting up the cactus, then putting the cuttings in a blender with water, then cooking whats left over. Ive also heard of people using weight as a dosage but still not quite sure.
And how does a mescaline trip compare to an LSD trip? Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Before you waste too much time and money the first thing you need to do is chop off a little of the skin, cook it in water a little and then try and drink it. It will taste like dragging your tongue down the crack of a homeless mans unwashed buttocks, then imagine rubbing your nose in his arsehole of his underpants.

If you can drink your first cup of cactus snot without gipping - then go for a larger dose.

The diameter is also important. Most measurements online assume 3", but that might not be the case for you. In any case, I'd recommend taking all 17", and don't expect to be blown away by that.

Part of the reason I registered here was to try and help with the cactus tea issue. A blender is a bad idea from my viewpoint. Cactus tea is very bitter, but with a little work, a drinkable tea can be made. I am going to do a little pictorial for bluelight next time I brew tea.

My process in a nutshell:
1. Notch out spines with a razor blade
2. Peel the waxy outer skin layer off and discard
3. Cut the core out of the cactus and discard (alkaloids are concentrated in green surface layer)
4. Slice the cactus material you are brewing as thin as possible. I shoot for slices a mm thick or so, like potato chip thickness.

5. Put cacti in large pot with water, simmer on low heat until water volume has reduced by half, strain and squeeze all liquid out of cacti pulp. Remove as much sediment from liquid as possible, I strain thru a cotton dress shirt. Save filtered liquid in fridge, return cacti pulp to the pot and repeat the boiling process. I usually do three pulls on the material. Combine all the strained pulls.

6. Reduce all the pulls to a smaller volume. I then put the tea in a container in the fridge for a week or so. Sediment, waxes, and other non-water soluble crap will settle to the bottom. Decant off liquid and discard sediment. I do this several times over a week or so.

7. When no more crap settles out of the tea, your ready for the final reduction. Put tea in pot on low heat. **set the pot half on and half off the burner.**. You will see a light colored scum/gunk form on the non-simmering side of the pot. This is the last of the waxes coming out of solution. Skim it off with a spoon and discard.

Reduce to to the consistency of natural maple syrup. I find that 4-6 oz of tea is enough for a full experience.

An important step lots of people overlook is the removing the waxy outer skin.

Sounds like you have enough for one dose, brew it up! If your in a hurry, skip the decanting part, and just filter the hell out of the tea before you reduce it.

Last edited:
1. Notch out spines with a razor blade
2. Peel the waxy outer skin layer off and discard
3. Cut the core out of the cactus and discard (alkaloids are concentrated in green surface layer)

After doing that you can also eat the cactus raw. Wash it down with some OJ.

christ this all sounds fucking annoying, just buy some mescaline you fiend.

christ this all sounds fucking annoying, just buy some mescaline you fiend.

I actually find the process of preparing a tea or performing a successful extraction very rewarding. Enjoying the fruit of your own labor adds to the experience.

Last edited: