• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Same

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter

After much experimentation and much mention on other sub-forums, the 3 compounds are more or less identical. Slight differences due to the other sites they have affinity for and slightly different doses (due to differing MW) but in a small test, none of the 40 people in our trial could tell the difference. 80mg of each one does the same things.

I think that's a useful fact for people to know. The 3 key elements are:

1) the benzene ring (other aromatics work, but benzene is most active and most convenient).
2) the ionizable nitrogen function (amine) or more specifically it's lone-pair that in all 3 is in a fixed in relative position to the benzene ring
3) The 3,4-disubstitution of the benzene ring. In the indole it's an aromatic N but when you compare lone-pair orientation to the ⭕ it's the same.

Now people have estimated with alpha ethyl tryptamine (sold as MDA in the US for 2 years) and things like p-Me aminorex. But these seem the safer options.

I am not saying any of them are safe, only that for an MDA-like effect, research so far suggests that they are the safest (and safer per dose than many medicines).

BUT they remain illegal in most nations. I cannot and will not recommend that people exceed the law. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Last edited:
In the indole it's an aromatic N but when you compare lone-pair orientation to the ⭕ it's the same.
how could that metabolize the same way as MDA? or even the other two compounds, there completely different. That indole ring is a versatile pharmacophore, a privileged scaffold and an outstanding heterocyclic compound with wide ranges of pharmacological activities due to different mechanisms of action.

They are all metabolised differently but the pathway for all is well studied. What is important is that none of the metabolites are:

1)Toxic
2)Active

After all, they are so similar to naturally occurring compounds that the body is as it were 'ready made' to remove them.

PubChem will reveal all of the details. I am claiming no ownership.