Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvinorin A Insufflation Method and Dosage

Hessam

Greenlighter
Hello my friends,

I just got my hands on approx. 3mg of pure Salvinorin A and I’m wondering if there is any effective way to insufflate a part of it. If so, what is the method and how much will be enough for a breakthrough?

Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited:
Due to low water solubility, it would be difficult to insufflate salvinorin and have it work. Sort of like how nobody insufflates THC.

You can instead dissolve it in acetone or ethanol and make a tincture for sublingual use. (or put it onto herb and smoke it).

What I would do is to vaporize it in a glass apparatus. Smoking it on herb would probably destroy some of it through burning. Maybe dissolve it in alcohol and drop 200 mcg worth onto a piece of foil, formed into a little cup, let it dry and roll it in a loose ball and put it in a glass pipe. It's boiling point is high, over 700 C, so it may not be easy, I don't know. You have to remember to hold it in for as long as possible for it to absorb too.

Last edited:
Pure Salvinorin A sounds like pure hell. Salvia is hands down the most unfriendly and disconcerting drug experience I've ever had. Breakthrough Salvia Trips are terrifying for me and for some reason it seems unusually easy for me to breakthrough.

As for the topic at hand, as others have said, you're probably best off vaporizing it. Just remember to start small and work your way up. It's said to be active as low as 600ug.

I have had pure salvinorin A.
It is extremely potent.
It is a waxy crystalline solid.
when dissolved in acetone and carefully put on cigarette paper you can cut it into measured doses and combust in a tiny pipe.
when the paper combusts, the salvinorin A melts and tiny droplets of it go into the smoke stream which can be inhaled safely.
On the huge surface of your lungs, the salvinorin A can be absorbed through the highly vascularized alveoli.

there is no more efficient way to ingest it.

none. don't even think of snorting. the pain of solvents will last longer than the trip which would be insufferable.

Due to low water solubility, it would be difficult to insufflate salvinorin and have it work. Sort of like how nobody insufflates THC.

I was hoping to try this stuff in several ways and see what’s the differences. Salvinorin is so powerful and also it’s so easy to waste this material. So I should be cautious on both sides.

You can instead dissolve it in acetone or ethanol and make a tincture for sublingual use.

Yea. That sounds a good idea, but I heard that Salvinorin is less effective sublingually and you should mix it with some other chemicals to make it more active this way. Is that true?

salvinorin A is hard to absorb because it is a wax, imagine absorbing candle wax, even if you eat it it will tend to pass through your gut.
DMSO is a good solvent for absorption.
however I strongly recommend not doing strange things to your body to help absorb salvinorin.
the trip comes fast and strong
any physical sensations that you have will dominate the trip.

I just searched salvinorin+cigarette+paper and this link came up, I am the freind referred to who submitted the image of the tiny pipe, and the cigarette papers about a decade ago.
http://docs9.chomikuj.pl/2570763703,PL,0,0,Salvinorin-infused-cigarette-papers.pdf

when dissolved in acetone and carefully put on cigarette paper you can cut it into measured doses and combust in a tiny pipe.
when the paper combusts, the salvinorin A melts and tiny droplets of it go into the smoke stream which can be inhaled safely.
On the huge surface of your lungs, the salvinorin A can be absorbed through the highly vascularized alveoli.

Very interesting! Thanks for your help mate. :) What kind of lighter is better for this method? Micro torch or a regular lighter?

any lighter is adequate - even a match.
the tiny piece of paper is totally burned in a second or two and all the melted salvinorin is released into the smoke stream as liquid state salvinorin.

many people think you have to vaporize it. not a good idea at all.
salvinorin vapor would cook your flesh to coal

all you need to do is burn the tiny piece of cigarette paper, the salvinorin remains intact as melted droplets in an air current.

the flame just liberates this so you can inhale it. Inhale quickly to pull it all in. it will not seem to have any heat at all from ~20mmsquare of paper burned

Can you describe the results? Is it significantly different to smoked Salvia?

salvinorin - smoked directly on the cigarette paper in the way I described is exactly like smoking salvia 20x or whatever, except that the whole thing is burned in about 1 second and you dont feel any smoke and nothing ever is exhaled.
it's hardly smoking at all.

I usually use a piece with 350 mics salvinorin A on it.
most of my friends need 2 pieces to get off
usually if they have 3 pieces they are gone scarey - like the cuckoo videos that get posted.

I don't like to be that wasted so I just use one piece.

salvinorin A can be absorbed through the highly vascularized alveoli.

there is no more efficient way to ingest it.
none. don't even think of snorting. the pain of solvents will last longer than the trip which would be insufferable.
salvinorin A is hard to absorb because it is a wax, imagine absorbing candle wax, even if you eat it it will tend to pass through your gut.
DMSO is a good solvent for absorption.
however I strongly recommend not doing strange things to your body to help absorb salvinorin.
the trip comes fast and strong
any physical sensations that you have will dominate the trip.
Heh, I've done one of those strange things you're hoping the OP isn't thinking about. I attempted to IM 1.3mg of pure salvinorin A dissolved in a 50:50 water/DMSO solution. Nothing happened. I had read of the 50:50 mix being a solvent for it, and also that DMSO had been injected into people's muscles to relieve joint pain, so I thought it'd work. It didn't. However I'm pretty sure I saw some tiny wet crystal shards accumulated in the barrel leading to the needle afterward (it's hard to tell if such a small amount is dissolved or not) like it never got in me. If it did make it in after all, do you think this "waxy" property could slow its travels through muscle? I'm assuming 1.3mg is plenty to feel IM if it's dissolved properly like in those animal injection studies.

I think you're probably correct about vaporizing being the most efficient, but what's the point of having salvinorin A just to use it in the same way you can use the plant extract products? By IMing I was trying to slow the experience down into something I could understand better as it was happening without sacrificing the visionary qualities the way sublingual preps are reportedly prone to do. I'd still like to try it, but I'd like to have more certainty that it's dissolved.

...I think you're probably correct about vaporizing being the most efficient, but what's the point of having salvinorin A just to use it in the same way you can use the plant extract products? ....
I DID NOT SAY VAPORIZING,
re-read
I said smoke cigarette paper that is doped,
smoking releases particles of liquid salvinorin into the smokestream.
THAT IS WAY DIFFERENT THAN VAPORIZING.
salvinorin vapor with burn your flesh.

I suggest cigarette paper because you can cut it to size, unlike leafy material which is lovely stuff but very hard to measure.

BTW your injection method won't work.
you have to use Ott's mix of DMSO and acetone not water.
your dose is too high for IM with this carrier.

very basic concepts here - focus on the basics